ninjago airjitsu

waydog

Stumbled across a jay, cole, and morro airjitsu at target today at 9.99 each.  Nice minifigs and these babies work.  Be careful inside because you will ding up the walls easily.  They also are quite durable.  I am shocked at how far these things fly.  Was expecting them to be a tad cheasy but they are pretty sweet.  Love that you can cut the tape on the bottom to get them out and keep the packaging looking nice too.

• 3 weeks later...

Stumbled across a jay, cole, and morro airjitsu at target today at 9.99 each.  Nice minifigs and these babies work.  Be careful inside because you will ding up the walls easily.  They also are quite durable.  I am shocked at how far these things fly.  Was expecting them to be a tad cheasy but they are pretty sweet.  Love that you can cut the tape on the bottom to get them out and keep the packaging looking nice too.

I went to the local Lego store yesterday and the bored looking middle aged clerks were playing around with the AIrjitsu stuff.  The concept of these air spinners have been around for ages so I basically had dismissed it.  I happened to look more closely at the product and like waydog says, these toys are sweet and well made.

At $10.00, I got two, Zane and Kai. These complete minifigures come with four different sets of accessories-you can even take them out of the clear dome part and play with them.  Is this a good product to stock up on?  

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder what the shelf life will be for these.  I remember when the spinners way back when; upon release they were initially a big dud.  Wally world had cardbaord setups & no one would buy any during Christmas.  Further in the series you couldn't find them anywhere.  Might have to stock up on these bad boys seeing that the reviews are excellent.  How can you go wrong at $10 a pop......Bring on the new season!

Very nice detailed article on these.  Thank you.  I'll leave whether or not these things are a good investment to the pros around here but i can say without a doubt that my son takes these with him to the YMCA every day and causes riots over sharing them.  The kids love them and ten bucks makes a nice gift without spending much.

• Like 1

Very nice detailed article on these.  Thank you.  I'll leave whether or not these things are a good investment to the pros around here but i can say without a doubt that my son takes these with him to the YMCA every day and causes riots over sharing them.  The kids love them and ten bucks makes a nice gift without spending much.

You're welcome. :thankyou: I will say the mechanics for these Airjitzu flyers is more fun than the prior Speedorz and Spinners; maybe even better MOC potential. At a glance I would say the exclusive variants of the ninja kids should make the packs desirable to retain value later on. I think the Morro and Wrayth flyer minifigures are the only two who are included in some of the other big box sets but I'm not sure on that. (For all I know this Morro could be an exclusive variant.)

I agree, they are a lot more fun than speedors.  We just got the ronin rex set and it comes with a modified kai airjitsu that goes on the tail of rex but not exactly like individual airjitsus.  Wrayth is a sore subject for us, the only one we cant find to complete the set.  Could go to concord mills lego store but its too far and jam packed.  Cant wait for new lego store in southpark charlotte to open and then wrayth shall be ours.

• 3 weeks later...

What a coincidence. We were just in the new Lego store and bought Wrayth last night.  So my kid has Cole and Wrayth so far (I'm trying to convince him that he does not need the whole set).  I'll agree that these things are pretty well made, and surprisingly durable.  A Lego toy that you spin at high speeds, throw into the air, and let drop to the ground, I fully expected that it would explode into pieces on every-other toss, but not one piece has fallen off yet.  On the downside, I think the spinners are a little heavy.  I can send it 20 feet in the air or more, but my 7 year old cannot. He's lucky if it goes 10 ft high. And regardless of who spins it, it comes down pretty quickly, and "hard".  I play with my son, and I'll try to catch it before it hits the ground... if you catch it wrong, it can "sting" a little bit. Again, no big deal for a grown up, but if a little kid caught it (or if it landed on a small kid's head) you might see some tears.

Ah well... dangerous toys are always the most fun. :)

• Like 2

What a coincidence. We were just in the new Lego store and bought Wrayth last night.  So my kid has Cole and Wrayth so far (I'm trying to convince him that he does not need the whole set).  I'll agree that these things are pretty well made, and surprisingly durable.  A Lego toy that you spin at high speeds, throw into the air, and let drop to the ground, I fully expected that it would explode into pieces on every-other toss, but not one piece has fallen off yet.  On the downside, I think the spinners are a little heavy.  I can send it 20 feet in the air or more, but my 7 year old cannot. He's lucky if it goes 10 ft high. And regardless of who spins it, it comes down pretty quickly, and "hard".  I play with my son, and I'll try to catch it before it hits the ground... if you catch it wrong, it can "sting" a little bit. Again, no big deal for a grown up, but if a little kid caught it (or if it landed on a small kid's head) you might see some tears.

Ah well... dangerous toys are always the most fun. :)

I am amazed at how they've held up. I pull them as hard as I can and the handle doesn't fall apart... However, we had to send our 8 year old out the bedroom window onto the front porch to retrieve one a couple weeks ago. He did it, not me though! I launched it over the fence and into our neighbors yard.

• Like 1