71012 - Minifigures - Disney: Series 1

exciter1

1 minute ago, JDLego324 said:

In the US market, the lowballers, mostly from Canada, have kept prices below retail. 

A 2nd series, no matter what the supply of the 1st series out there, would be very good for aftermarket prices.

What's this all aboot? Lowballers eh? Which country can buy lego on yuuuge sale within months of release all the time and has frequent retail discounts of 50% or more? ;)

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

I guess I don't check listing prices very often once I've committed to selling and at my price point. I've been moving sets of 18 for $115+shipping. That's well above retail! 

Not why I came to this thread though. I have a question I'd like some opinions on, maybe from those with any experience. I've been weighing and smooshing my sealed packs for 100% accuracy. I went through my cases and I'm short a few figures to make 6 complete sets of 18. I went and checked Bricklink (prices much more reasonable there than on ebay) and found a seller with some reasonable prices for the figures I'm missing. The only catch is his figures are no longer sealed.

Has anyone here sold any complete sets with a couple open and most sealed? Will they move? Will they move at the same price I've been selling complete sealed sets at? Would I be better off opening the others so the set is Open Verified Complete? Will that option take a price hit? 

Any advice or experience you can share would be greatly appreciated. On the fence on whether to buy these opened packs at a good price, or bite the bullet and pay more for sealed packs like my own collection... 

Edited by Zelgazra

1 hour ago, Zelgazra said:

I guess I don't check listing prices very often once I've committed to selling and at my price point. I've been moving sets of 18 for $115+shipping. That's well above retail! 

Not why I came to this thread though. I have a question I'd like some opinions on, maybe from those with any experience. I've been weighing and smooshing my sealed packs for 100% accuracy. I went through my cases and I'm short a few figures to make 6 complete sets of 18. I went and checked Bricklink (prices much more reasonable there than on ebay) and found a seller with some reasonable prices for the figures I'm missing. The only catch is his figures are no longer sealed.

Has anyone here sold any complete sets with a couple open and most sealed? Will they move? Will they move at the same price I've been selling complete sealed sets at? Would I be better off opening the others so the set is Open Verified Complete? Will that option take a price hit? 

Any advice or experience you can share would be greatly appreciated. On the fence on whether to buy these opened packs at a good price, or bite the bullet and pay more for sealed packs like my own collection... 

I've always sold all of my minifigures opened packet, taking a photo of the un-assembled figure with accessories / stand / leaflat / bag in a sealed plastic bag. The price you will get compared to a sealed minifigure packet will be less, however for most newer series I haven't noticed a substantial difference in prices. For the early minifigure series there is a greater difference in price.

Opening the packet also eliminates the time needed for smoothing  (if like me and are rubbish at it) and also confirms to the buyer they are getting what you are advertising.

There is a risk that if you don't open the packet and the buyer returns the item, he can just returns another undesirable minifigure from the series, you will not be able to win the case saying you smooshed the packet and received something else.

One word of advice, some will say that once the plastic bag packet has been opened it is no longer considered "new" condition, and you need to list any opened bags as used on eBay, however I have never had anyone complain about this, but it should be kept in mind.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

What are people doing with these now? I have 24 unopened (no good at smooshing, so not a clue what they are) and wonder whether I should sell them now or hold.

As an investor I shouldn't say this, but may even take them out of the inventory and keep until the kids are a little older. For shame.