71012 - Minifigures - Disney: Series 1

exciter1

Well then just2good was correct. Darn you April Fool's Day and your shifty shenanigans. I'm more curious about the list stating six Angry Birds sets out by April. Anyway these Disney Minifigures will be done in the same manner as Simpsons were with regular bodies and noggins like a bobble head toy. Haha. This is the Collectible Minifigures line after all, not Collectible Minidolls. Depending on which characters are chosen, I might pick up a couple like Captain Hook....and faithful Smee if it happens. ^_^

• Like 2

I surely hope they stick to the original themes of Disney Greatness. But I guess, I can dream.

Most likely, like others have said

Frozen, Mickey Mouse Club Characters, Captain Hook (Jake maybe), Doc McStuffins

Perhaps, in the bigger picture. This could include the Star Wars also. The word "Disney" now-a-days can contain so many variations of themes.

Edited by jdmpartz

18 minifigs for the Disney Series ! 

Seems regular minifigs, yes !

According to a catalog :

"In May, guarantee nostalgic effect with a new set under licenses that will delight young and old" translated from the French by google...

http://www.brickpirate.net/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=18228&start=20

71012-disney-collectible-minifigures-201

Edited by Amaurybegood
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The past month or so, we’ve been talking about the rumored LEGO Disney Collectible Minifigures (71012) with 18 characters to collect.

1. Mickey Mouse
2. Minnie Mouse
3. Donald Duck and Pluto
4. Peter Pan
5. Mulan
6. Genie
7. Aladdin
8. Lilo
9. Stitch
10. Tarzan
11. Jane
12. Captain Hook
13. Jafar
14. Joy
15. Sadness
16. Anger
17. Fear
18. Disgust

- See more at: http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-disney-collectible-minifigures-71012-rumored-list/#sthash.ThxHJ05W.dpuf

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Mos_Eisley said:

I really hope this list is wrong. Inside Out is a fine movie, but with all the charactes at their disposal, it would be weak for 5 of 18 to be from that movie. 

I agree.  I didn't even know what the "f" they were.  LOL.  This series could be a huge winner if "limited" in any way.  

17 minutes ago, Mos_Eisley said:

I really hope this list is wrong. Inside Out is a fine movie, but with all the charactes at their disposal, it would be weak for 5 of 18 to be from that movie. 

From a business point of view it makes quite a lot of sense. Main audience are still children and including some from the most recent success is a good move. They may not give a duck about Donald but might want to have the figures from their latest movie experiences.

Pixar movies are among my favorite Disney movies and there are plenty of other Pixar characters they could pick that are more popular than these 5.   Kids are done with Inside Out for the most part. It never had the same fever that Frozen had and that faded just as they all do. If this series came out when the movie was out, maybe it makes more sense, but by the time this series comes out, almost a year since the theatrical release, kids will be on to the next hot Disney movie. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

Toy Story...Cars?  "LEGO Losers" for a long time.  Sorry.  Classic Disney characters will be the better investments and never go out of style.

Although to be fair, the Mattel Cars diecast line sure did have it's heydey of profit though. I just don't think the lego world translated right for the cars films..  While that line is not like it used to be, it can still have some decent returns. 

I personally will buy a few cases of this line.  I could see them doing a number of these, and pixar characters will be what a lot of kids will want to play with since those stories are the most recent.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

Although to be fair, the Mattel Cars diecast line sure did have it's heydey of profit though. I just don't think the lego world translated right for the cars films..  While that line is not like it used to be, it can still have some decent returns. 

I personally will buy a few cases of this line.  I could see them doing a number of these, and pixar characters will be what a lot of kids will want to play with since those stories are the most recent.

I love the Toy Story minifigures.  I think they are some of the best ever created IMO.  I am very surprised the theme didn't do much better.  It's making a comeback recently though.  

• Like 1

Toy Story...Cars?  "LEGO Losers" for a long time.  Sorry.  Classic Disney characters will be the better investments and never go out of style.

As someone who made good money on the die-cast line you took the words out of my mouth. Plus toy story mini figs are doing quite well now.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, CrabslayerT said:

Just read this and I think some may find it interesting

Mr. Incredible and Syndrome, those will make a neat pairing. While The Incredibles isn't exactly fresh in the public's mind compared to Inside Out, it was a fun film plus supposedly a sequel is to be eventually. Funny thing how close of a likeness Peter Pan's cap is to Link's from the Legend of Zelda series. (I thought the Holiday Elf's was good enough; surprising me once again, LEGO.) Now Ursula if true would make a very pleasant surprise of an addition. Disney films have a cabal of the most notably notorious villains.