71012 - Minifigures - Disney: Series 1

exciter1

1 minute ago, exciter1 said:

Just a heads up.  Please don't create a bunch of threads for this.  A lot of what's in that article is very rumor'esque.

And a lot of those samples (that were created by someone not at LEGO) look pretty bad.  They didn't even think that giving Mike short legs might be a good idea?

• Like 1

And a lot of those samples (that were created by someone not at LEGO) look pretty bad.  They didn't even think that giving Mike short legs might be a good idea?

Yeah, I was going to say it's all speculation based on Ideas projects and an EB source claiming Hook and PPan are 'confirmed'.

I don't see much to be excited about at this point other than another cool IP CMF is coming.

2 minutes ago, Mos_Eisley said:

Correct.  and I dont think anybody is implying that these were created by Lego.  The article clearly states that these are all rumors.

• 4 weeks later...

I like them all although the "Mouses" and "Ducks" kind of weird me out to be honest. Haha. To me Ariel, Ursula, Aladdin, Maleficent, Peter Pan, and Stitch are the most spot-on being a perfect blend between the animated material and LEGO's brand. It seems strange to see Buzz Lightyear and the Little Green Martian again even though this Buzz has the standard minifigure head plus the Martian does not appear any different than the ones prior years ago. The Genie's 'head cap' seems unusual but that could be the visible seam. Cheshire Cat was a favorite of mine and here if anything he looks the most cartoony. If I could only pick two as tops they would be Maleficent and Ursula.

10 minutes ago, TheOrcKing said:

I like them all although the "Mouses" and "Ducks" kind of weird me out to be honest. Haha. To me Ariel, Ursula, Aladdin, Maleficent, Peter Pan, and Stitch are the most spot-on being a perfect blend between the animated material and LEGO's brand. It seems strange to see Buzz Lightyear and the Little Green Martian again even though this Buzz has the standard minifigure head plus the Martian does not appear any different than the ones prior years ago. The Genie's 'head cap' seems unusual but that could be the visible seam. Cheshire Cat was a favorite of mine and here if anything he looks the most cartoony. If I could only pick two as tops they would be Maleficent and Ursula.

I agree about Genie. Several others got new molds, I think he would have been much better with a fully molded head.  He's a pretty great character but looks like the weakest along with maybe Alice. Her face doesn't look quite right to me. But the series is still pretty good overall. 

5 minutes ago, Mos_Eisley said:

I agree about Genie. Several others got new molds, I think he would have been much better with a fully molded head.  He's a pretty great character but looks like the weakest along with maybe Alice. Her face doesn't look quite right to me. But the series is still pretty good overall. 

Yeah, Alice's face does seem a little 'off'. Perhaps her expression looks better in person than on this somewhat glared out box top.

One of the strongest CMF serie ever... What is suprising for me:

1) although Disney world is huge, there are some unknown characters for me - maybe from new movie?

2) some figs will have dual form - classic lego / friends - for example Ariel. Now I must to say again that its a pity that they produced disney princess as friends, it would be better to have them in classic form with all characters, including evil characters.

3) on the other side, some figs are redundant in this CMF serie, especially Toy story characters, which were perfectly made in the Toy story sets. Buzz looks strange in classic form.

4) the characters are incomplete - its not good to have for example Aladin + Genee, but not Yasmine, or have Ariel without the prince, etc. But it is not problem, if they produce more CMF disney series in future, what would be logical + it will increase collectible feature of CMF series.

41 minutes ago, mesje said:

One of the strongest CMF serie ever... What is suprising for me:

1) although Disney world is huge, there are some unknown characters for me - maybe from new movie?

2) some figs will have dual form - classic lego / friends - for example Ariel. Now I must to say again that its a pity that they produced disney princess as friends, it would be better to have them in classic form with all characters, including evil characters.

3) on the other side, some figs are redundant in this CMF serie, especially Toy story characters, which were perfectly made in the Toy story sets. Buzz looks strange in classic form.

4) the characters are incomplete - its not good to have for example Aladin + Genee, but not Yasmine, or have Ariel without the prince, etc. But it is not problem, if they produce more CMF disney series in future, what would be logical + it will increase collectible feature of CMF series.

None of these characters are new, pretty much all of them come in pairs too as any more would mean a massive range (no doubt they will do more if these are a hit).

So you have:

Alice and Cheshire Cat 

Mickey and Minnie

Donald and Daisy

Aladdin and Genie

Ariel and Ursula

Dash and Syndrome (Incredibles)

Buzz Lightyear and Alien

Peter Pan and Captain Hook

Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty or her own film)

Stitch

Some really strong and a couple not so much.

1) I personally think they've done a great job with the molded heads, with Donald Duck probably the standout.  (if it makes you feel better, imagine they are minifig heads wearing a costume like at the parks).

2) Peter Pan, Ursula (best in series!!), Hook, Aladdin, Ariel, Maleficent all fantastic.

3) Alice odd face, Mr Incredible looks too small (give him kid legs and he could almost be Dash...).

4) For comparison, most of these have appeared (or are planned) in Disney Infinity, so are obviously the sort of characters Disney is happy to push.  So I would look there for ideas of what might be in a Series 2.  The exceptions are mainly characters that can't work gameplay-wise in Infinity (namely the aquatic Ariel/Ursula, or Genie).  Plus a surprise more obscure or generic option (Cheshire Cat and Alien).

Edited by braiko

If that's official, i'm definitely going to get a few cases.  

The pros: I like the figure selection and like that it's not heavy on disney princesses.  

The cons:  Alice looks like she's eaten one too many whoppers.  Maybe it's just the photo, but she looks very obese.  I also think they could have improved Buzz Lightyears expression.  I have a chinese knockoff that looks better than that.

Edited by fossilrock

26 minutes ago, citymorgue said:

I'm pretty bummed the Inside Out character rumor turned out to be bad.  I was most looking forward to getting those characters in Lego form.  Hopefully if they do another series, they will include them in it.

I think you can about take it to the bank there will be more.  If Lego did 2 crappy series of Simpsons, they will produce at least that much for Disney.  I'm not a Disney nut by any means, but there are tons out there that are.  I've personally given up on investing on CMF's, but this could be a real winner down the road.  I agree with most of the sentiments that some of these are cool(Maleficent,Hook, Ursula), some are bad (Genie) and some are redundant (Toy Story).  Genie's face looks like those terrible old NBA faces they did about 10-15 years ago with the exaggerated faces. 

Also,  18 in this line really F's up my display I've made for my CMF's.  It's specially designed to go 16 deep and easily expandable to add new series.  Going to have to figure something out now.