71012 - Minifigures - Disney: Series 1

exciter1

9 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Bah, all I want for Christmas was a decent looking Genie minifig...

8 hours ago, KShine said:

And to think in that timeframe, people were offended by seeing a bellybutton on TV....even though belly dancing was a thing.

8 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

So many younguns will not understand that reference

You bet your bippy. ;)

13 hours ago, Huskers1236 said:

Also,  18 in this line really F's up my display I've made for my CMF's.  It's specially designed to go 16 deep and easily expandable to add new series.  Going to have to figure something out now.

Could 18 minifigs be the new standard? This surely will be net positive on sales revenue of cmf since people will want a full set of 18, which is 2 more than the usual 16.

2 minutes ago, chipbee said:

Could 18 minifigs be the new standard? This surely will be net positive on sales revenue of cmf since people will want a full set of 18, which is 2 more than the usual 16.

Depends how the distribution is affected.  Will they keep having the 3-4-5 per box distribution?  The simple answer if you sell by the set would be yes, a set should sell for more now if they go to 18.  If you sell by the box but can no longer get a full 3 sets, I suppose it could have adverse effects.  My guess would be that they will still have 3 full sets, but that will leave just a few extras past that per box.

6 hours ago, Huskers1236 said:

Depends how the distribution is affected.  Will they keep having the 3-4-5 per box distribution?  The simple answer if you sell by the set would be yes, a set should sell for more now if they go to 18.  If you sell by the box but can no longer get a full 3 sets, I suppose it could have adverse effects.  My guess would be that they will still have 3 full sets, but that will leave just a few extras past that per box.

What happened in the stores is that each box has many leftover unsold packs, especially those figs with 4 or 5 per box. So it may make more sense to have (3 x 18 ) + 10 per box, and then the leftovers will be kept to minimal, and sale will increase as people want a full set of 18.

9 hours ago, BP said:

I m curious to know if it's still a 60 piece box

This is something I thought about as well.  Maybe they go to a 72 count box.

6 hours ago, chipbee said:

What happened in the stores is that each box has many leftover unsold packs, especially those figs with 4 or 5 per box. So it may make more sense to have (3 x 18 ) + 10 per box, and then the leftovers will be kept to minimal, and sale will increase as people want a full set of 18.

I would be surprised if this fact influences new packaging.  While we all see it as buyers, I would be surprised if the Targets of the world actually realize this is what is happening and actually make that fact known to Lego.  Lego surely knows there are more desirable figures than others, or else they wouldn't make some more rare than others and they always make the female characters the 3/box figures.  Something will have to give either way.  Will be interesting to see how they change.  I think they will go the route I mentioned above.  Larger box.

11 hours ago, Huskers1236 said:

I would be surprised if this fact influences new packaging.  While we all see it as buyers, I would be surprised if the Targets of the world actually realize this is what is happening and actually make that fact known to Lego.  Lego surely knows there are more desirable figures than others, or else they wouldn't make some more rare than others and they always make the female characters the 3/box figures.  Something will have to give either way.  Will be interesting to see how they change.  I think they will go the route I mentioned above.  Larger box.

A lot of cmf packs leftover in lego stores and legoland. It doesnt take a genius lego exec to realise the solution. 

Initially lego thought people will simply buy random packs until they hit a full set of 16. Then many people become rather proficient in feeling the packs, and end up shops have loads of unsold cmf packs.

so based on the new videos that were just put up, we can see that series 16 and 17 are confirmed to have 16 figures to collect still.  so there goes that 18 figure rumor and who knows if this disney line is even true right? I mean some of the heads look odd as is and I'm still not buying it just yet.  Not that they can release disney, but not buying the picture released.  

2 hours ago, DenJ91 said:

so based on the new videos that were just put up, we can see that series 16 and 17 are confirmed to have 16 figures to collect still.  so there goes that 18 figure rumor and who knows if this disney line is even true right? I mean some of the heads look odd as is and I'm still not buying it just yet.  Not that they can release disney, but not buying the picture released.  

I think the Disney line was the only one to have 18. So, series 16 & 17 would still only have 16 not 18...

7 hours ago, dcdfan said:

I think the Disney line was the only one to have 18. So, series 16 & 17 would still only have 16 not 18...

I thought the disney line was going to be series 16, no??  will it not be called a series and just be independent and can't imagine it's out at the same time as another series, too many figures for people to have to get at once.  

2 minutes ago, DenJ91 said:

I thought the disney line was going to be series 16, no??  will it not be called a series and just be independent and can't imagine it's out at the same time as another series, too many figures for people to have to get at once.  

71013 Minifigures Series 16

Ice Queen
Imp
Spooky Boy
Babysitter
Spy
Banana Suit Guy
Serenader
Penguin Suit Guy
Wildlife Photographer
Kickboxer
Rogue
Cyborg
Hiker
Arabian Knight
Scallywag Pirate
Dog Show Judge

• Like 1

yeah sorry, just saw that in other thread.  very cool. so who knows when the disney line will come out though then.  wouldn't that make it series 18 at the earliest which is still a year away then.  eh this is why I stay away from speculating. haha

yeah sorry, just saw that in other thread.  very cool. so who knows when the disney line will come out though then.  wouldn't that make it series 18 at the earliest which is still a year away then.  eh this is why I stay away from speculating. haha

I believe Disney is next, then 16 & 17. Probably 2 or 3 months for Disney. I believe the artwork is real...

oh ok great then! 

so then when lego movie had their line of figures it didn't have a series #.  I see what's going on then.  Therefore Disney figures won't be called series 16, they'll just be out when 16 normally would have.  

i'm excited for the disney series then.  think they will be great and popular to collect. 

9 minutes ago, DenJ91 said:

oh ok great then! 

so then when lego movie had their line of figures it didn't have a series #.  I see what's going on then.  Therefore Disney figures won't be called series 16, they'll just be out when 16 normally would have.  

i'm excited for the disney series then.  think they will be great and popular to collect. 

Neither did the Simpsons CMF

• Like 1

On February 29, 2016 at 2:19 PM, Loghamel said:

One of my favs as a kid.  Can't remember why I liked it so much...

I liked it because it was on. Back when we had only 6 channels and no VCR(before dvd/bluray/internet). Kids today have no culture because there is constant access to whichever show they want.

On topic, I don't know that they did a great job on these CMF, but I will buy regardless. Also, 18 figs is bad for my display, too.

I liked it because it was on. Back when we had only 6 channels and no VCR(before dvd/bluray/internet). Kids today have no culture because there is constant access to whichever show they want.

On topic, I don't know that they did a great job on these CMF, but I will buy regardless. Also, 18 figs is bad for my display, too.

Micky & Minnie will probably be repeated several times so they could maybe be separated...

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

These look a lot like the Disney minifigures from the 71012 thread...emoji4.png

Sorry man. I did do a cursory search and missed the thread. The image just popped up all over my facebook feed so I thought I'd post as soon as possible. Should have known we already had inside intel. :)

• Like 1