70751 - Temple of Airjitzu

DadsAFOL

• 3 weeks later...

Such a beautiful set, yet it doesn't seem to sell at all here. One of my local toy stores has a huge stack of them (at least 20) in the Lego aisle. As far as I can tell not a single one has been sold yet. Then again they are stubbornly keeping the price at 229€.

I think it's stupid to stack these up in to a 3 meter high tower and putting a big sign on them. Better to have a handful in the isles and keep the rest in stock. Perceived scarcity...

I'm curious to see if the Ninjago movie will be able to change any of this, though I doubt parents are going to drop 229€ on this.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, c_rpg said:

Such a beautiful set, yet it doesn't seem to sell at all here. One of my local toy stores has a huge stack of them (at least 20) in the Lego aisle. As far as I can tell not a single one has been sold yet. Then again they are stubbornly keeping the price at 229€.

It will be interesting to see if the Ninjago movie will help move this set.

30 minutes ago, Clx_45 said:

Wouldn't this set be discontinued in favor of the $300 D2C Movie set

They won't discontinue anything until they know how good/bad the movie is doing. In any case, they probably have enough stock to keep up with demand for another 6 months or so.

To be honest, this is one of only at most 2-3 large sets that I would consider buying in the near future. That would be depending on if it was going to obviously retire and also on getting a good discount. I picked up one for a good discount probably about 8 months ago but didn't want to get too many as it obviously wouldn't be retiring for a good while. If it was nailed on retiring soon and at a good discount, I'd grab a fair few. I've bought almost nothing this year either, apart from crappy little sets with 60-80% off. Such a beautiful set.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, c_rpg said:

They won't discontinue anything until they know how good/bad the movie is doing. In any case, they probably have enough stock to keep up with demand for another 6 months or so.

It´s been sold out for over a month in the US now and seems to be done there.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Val-E said:

In 2015 and 2016 we had plenty of sets retiring first in Europe, giving our fellow American Brickpickers ample warning ahead. Maybe with ToA it will be the other time around now, and it will retire first in the US/Canada, giving us in Europe time to look for good deals on it. ;)  (For anyone who still thinks it's smart to invest in ToA, which I personally have strong doubts about...)

43 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Yeah, I forgot about that! I guess that just goes to show it's not moving at all. There's plenty of stores selling this set over here. I just checked and none of them are out of stock.

https://www.dreamland.be/e/nl/dl/lego-ninjago-70751-tempel-van-airjitzu-146153

http://www.nl.fnac.be/LEGO-NIN-LE-TEMPLE-DE-L-AIRJITZU/a9201582#st=lego te&ct=&t=c

http://www.bartsmit.com/nl/bsbe/speelgoed/lego/lego-ninjago-tempel-van-airjitzu-70751

https://www.fun.be/d2c-ninjago-tempel-van-airjitzu.html

I think one of the problems with this set is that it's a beautiful set, but it doesn't fit in with anything else besides other Ninjago sets. This is kinda similar to the Simpsons sets, though those look even more out of place.

I have two. Average buy in was 165€, but I think that's still going to be too high to make a decent profit. I guess we'll find out in a year or so.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 11:09 AM, c_rpg said:

Here's what the Tower of Airjitzu looks like at my local toy store:

I would be quite interested in the physical condition of the lower boxes sitting right on the floor - dont do they get wet while cleaning the floors? :) .. this seems just like the most stupid idea how to store / present expensive and rare sets in a store that I have ever seen.. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, crayxlp said:

I would be quite interested in the physical condition of the lower boxes sitting right on the floor - dont do they get wet while cleaning the floors? :) .. this seems just like the most stupid idea how to store / present expensive and rare sets in a store that I have ever seen.. 

You're assuming that the floor actually gets cleaned. :jester:

• 3 weeks later...
On 1.06.2017 at 0:37 AM, crayxlp said:

No one gives a toss, even at Brand Stores you can find plenty of boxes with lots of wear scuffs and other type of damages.

• Like 1