70751 - Temple of Airjitzu

DadsAFOL

Guest TabbyBoy
2 minutes ago, Legojona said:

Tabby getting back in the investment game after all? :D

Just the one guys, just the one ;-)

Guest TabbyBoy
7 hours ago, pstebbing said:

Just the one shipping container? Got it.

Never again. I've actually just sold the 40' container that I used for storage at my mate's farm for £1850 and I only paid £900 for it ;-)

Even though some Ninjago sets have done me well so far I think any of this year's retirements will be a risk. With the movie sets coming out and normal Ninjago sets still being released I think there's going to be too many on shelf Ninjago sets for fans to buy for there to be much demand for the back catalogue next year. Even though it's a much nicer set I think ToA is right up there with Classic Batcave as a  huge risky investment for this year.

Just now, bigfanofnu said:

Anyone find this set discounted in the US? Would really like one for personnel build. #NEVERMSRP

It's been on sale several times, even found at 50% off at the Downtown Disney LEGO Store.  I'm not sure if it's too late to find it at discount.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

Never again. I've actually just sold the 40' container that I used for storage at my mate's farm for £1850 and I only paid £900 for it ;-)

Sounds like selling used shipping containers is more profitable than the Lego game. You learn something new every day.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Val-E said:

I´d say the fact it is still widely available in the US,  6 months after selling out from SAH is a bigger immediate problem!

And that the two Lego stores I frequent both still have these on their shelves with 2015 seal codes even after discounts, double VIP and free set promos twice. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mauro23 said:

Really absurde, as this set is a masterpiece... (I am saying that as Ninjago hater...)

That´s like the pope saying he doesn´t believe in god. Your market is the Europea motor for Ninjago. Bad thing is everyone now knows so this set will be super hoarded.

6 hours ago, Val-E said:

I´d say the fact it is still widely available in the US,  6 months after selling out from SAH is a bigger immediate problem!

Why should you buy a 2.028 pieces masterpiece for 200€ (160€ discounted) whether you can get a 2.295 pieces masterpiece for 170€ (120€ discounted)? If you are not a collector, why should you...? why should Timmy's parents...?

There is also a 4.867 pieces masterpiece for 300€, discounted will be at 240€...

I love ToA but it has left us in a difficult time, maybe

1 minute ago, Pet-Brick-er said:

Why should you buy a 2.028 pieces masterpiece for 200€ (160€ discounted) whether you can get a 2.295 pieces masterpiece for 170€ (120€ discounted)? If you are not a collector, why should you...? why should Timmy's parents...?

There is also a 4.867 pieces masterpiece for 300€, discounted will be at 240€...

I love ToA but it has left us in a difficult time, maybe

Recent events (Saturn V, UCS MF, Gingerbubble House) show a certain lack of basic logic and common sense among buyers. I agree with you that they have many good reasons not to pay even RRP for this set, though.

• 3 months later...

Just received my copy of this set that I just bought from LEGO Shop at Home (with double VIP, £15 cashback, £10 extra VIP points as a promo code hadn't worked properly, and the little Santa polybag). Seal code: 44S7. Perhaps this isn't so backlogged after all. As they have made a recent production run, and sold from it, I wouldn't count on this being available at a big discount as clearance.