70751 - Temple of Airjitzu

DadsAFOL

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Via Brick Fan

LEGO Ninjago Temple of Airjitzu (70751) In-Store Promo Tomorrow

Here’s something that I’ve don’t think I’ve seen yet online. I was visiting the store today and I was told about a promotion that will be happening starting tomorrow and lasting through Sunday for some LEGO Ninjago sets. When you purchase the Temple of Airjitzu (70751)icon, you will be getting the Enter the Serpent (70749)icon set for FREE. Yes, you heard that right. If you’ve been holding off on getting the Temple of Airjitzu, tomorrow is a great time to pick it up especially when you’ll also be getting a $60 set for free.

I’m not sure if other stores around the US will have the same in-store promo but mine will be happening at the Fashion Valley location for one day only. You may want to call your store and double check if they do or not. I do not believe this promo will be happening online but I’ll check tomorrow and see.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, pstebbing said:

Via Brick Fan

LEGO Ninjago Temple of Airjitzu (70751) In-Store Promo Tomorrow

Here’s something that I’ve don’t think I’ve seen yet online. I was visiting the store today and I was told about a promotion that will be happening starting tomorrow and lasting through Sunday for some LEGO Ninjago sets. When you purchase the Temple of Airjitzu (70751)icon, you will be getting the Enter the Serpent (70749)icon set for FREE. Yes, you heard that right. If you’ve been holding off on getting the Temple of Airjitzu, tomorrow is a great time to pick it up especially when you’ll also be getting a $60 set for free.

I’m not sure if other stores around the US will have the same in-store promo but mine will be happening at the Fashion Valley location for one day only. You may want to call your store and double check if they do or not. I do not believe this promo will be happening online but I’ll check tomorrow and see.

Thanks for this!  I had a gift card and my store was doing this promo so I got the free set.

• Like 1

I'd like to grab this for my son and I to build.  What do you think is the lowest I could get this for?  I saw the headline on this page that lego is giving away a 59.99 set with purchase of it Nov. 13-15.  Is that likely to be the best deal?  Maybe even just resell the bonus set to offset the costs?  Help?

22 minutes ago, bg2001 said:

I'd like to grab this for my son and I to build.  What do you think is the lowest I could get this for?  I saw the headline on this page that lego is giving away a 59.99 set with purchase of it Nov. 13-15.  Is that likely to be the best deal?  Maybe even just resell the bonus set to offset the costs?  Help?

This weekend is the weekend to pick it up.  ToA is an exclusive, so it won't go on sale. The only chance to pick up at any sort of discount is to utilize VIP points toward it.  Reselling the bonus set is an excellent way to offset the cost of ToA.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can't find this set on Amazon right now. Did Lego have it pulled or something?  Or something wrong with my browser?  I even tried listing mine for sale, but Amazon can find "no product that meets that description". Have tried entering UPC 673419229685... (I think that's right).. nothing.

I can't find this set on Amazon right now. Did Lego have it pulled or something?  Or something wrong with my browser?  I even tried listing mine for sale, but Amazon can find "no product that meets that description". Have tried entering UPC 673419229685... (I think that's right).. nothing.

So weird...

Was it ever on Amazon?

If not, no one else ever listed it? Yet some titles have several listings...

• 4 weeks later...

I really do not know if I should invest in this set.

My pro/con list:

Ninjago is for Kids,so less AFOL appeal (-)

Price point (199) leaves not that much room for an inflated reselling price for the purpose as gift for kids (-)

ToA is a beautiful buildung and could have the same appeal as HH (+)

13 Minifigures, 7 exclusive (+)

no discounts so far (-)

since Ninjago is aimed at kids, interest can fade very fast (-)

My conclusion:

If this set will be offered at retailer here in Europe with decent discounts (like 120-140 Euro), I will get some with the aim of reselling them for 300 at XMAS one year after EOL.

What do you think ?Is my decision wrong? Will its beauty outweigh the flaws I mentioned above?

8 minutes ago, Sozial said:

I really do not know if I should invest in this set.

My pro/con list:

Ninjago is for Kids,so less AFOL appeal (-)

Price point (199) leaves not that much room for an inflated reselling price for the purpose as gift for kids (-)

ToA is a beautiful buildung and could have the same appeal as HH (+)

13 Minifigures, 7 exclusive (+)

no discounts so far (-)

since Ninjago is aimed at kids, interest can fade very fast (-)

My conclusion:

If this set will be offered at retailer here in Europe with decent discounts (like 120-140 Euro), I will get some with the aim of reselling them for 300 at XMAS one year after EOL.

What do you think ?Is my decision wrong? Will its beauty outweigh the flaws I mentioned above?

Its beauty will carry the day. This is a one-of-a-kind Lego set. The Asian temple motif is probably not going to reappear in any other other theme or exclusive. This set is going to be a poor seller during its lifetime (already is), which may very well lead to a much shorter than average shelf life (fingers crossed).

Many people think of this as a Ninjago set, which is why people aren't buying it. They are also viewing it as an expensive play set from a kids' theme, so they aren't buying it. Star Wars trumps everything for the next year or more, so they aren't buying it...

And then before you know it... it will be gone. And it will be one of those sets, like a famous artist, who isn't appreciated during its life. Only after it's gone will it receive the credit it deserves. 

Mark my words on this one for a re-post in 2018.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, mfortunek said:

Its beauty will carry the day. This is a one-of-a-kind Lego set. The Asian temple motif is probably not going to reappear in any other other theme or exclusive. This set is going to be a poor seller during its lifetime (already is), which may very well lead to a much shorter than average shelf life (fingers crossed).

Many people think of this as a Ninjago set, which is why people aren't buying it. They are also viewing it as an expensive play set from a kids' theme, so they aren't buying it. Star Wars trumps everything for the next year or more, so they aren't buying it...

And then before you know it... it will be gone. And it will be one of those sets, like a famous artist, who isn't appreciated during its life. Only after it's gone will it receive the credit it deserves. 

Mark my words on this one for a re-post in 2018.

I'd like to have one, but do not see it discounted anywhere - almost as if it was an Exclusive :) .... anyone think that'll change?