70751 - Temple of Airjitzu

DadsAFOL

Guest TabbyBoy
20 minutes ago, BarryZola said:

This set is an absolute dud. Much better sets out there to spend your money on. It will be around for years as well and is heavily hoarded ;)

Out of the 15 or so "investors" that I know, none of them have Ninjago let alone this monstrosity. How do you know that it's heavily hoarded?

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else get this offer?

Just got the email this morning. Runs July 1-14, in store or online. Effectively a 12.5% discount on the $199.99 set (and appears to stack on the existing 199 points you'd normally get).

Not sure if this suggests they're looking to clear out stock for upcoming retirement or what - but for those of us on the fence, it may not come any cheaper than $35 in VIP points plus the July Retro Knights promo, right?

1 hour ago, AirborneAFOL said:

Anyone else get this offer?

Just got the email this morning. Runs July 1-14, in store or online. Effectively a 12.5% discount on the $199.99 set (and appears to stack on the existing 199 points you'd normally get).

Not sure if this suggests they're looking to clear out stock for upcoming retirement or what - but for those of us on the fence, it may not come any cheaper than $35 in VIP points plus the July Retro Knights promo, right?

This is probably the best deal we can expect to see, unless the usual October double VIP also includes a decent Christmas freebie. It would have to be a real good one to exceed this deal though.

Look, I am the first one to say get Exclusives, but this Exclusive to me could be a Dud, the only Ninjango set that i had about 50 was the 2011 Fire Temple 2507 Set, sold for $120, Toys R US had them for $90 on Black Friday a few years ago, around the Holidays they wer selling for $200-220. Still have some left will wait for Christmas to unload the rest, there had been a few others, the Ice Dragon, etc. But seeing this set being $212 with tax, I don't see this set being a $400-and up set, but to play safe I wil get 3-5 of them, and they are a very poor seller the manager at Arundel Mills, said they had at least 50-75 in the back nobody is buying. and if you noticed my picture with Santa that was me in 1954. So as a investor I would not suggest buying tons of these.    Ed

22 minutes ago, emazers said:

Look, I am the first one to say get Exclusives, but this Exclusive to me could be a Dud, the only Ninjango set that i had about 50 was the 2011 Fire Temple 2507 Set, sold for $120, Toys R US had them for $90 on Black Friday a few years ago, around the Holidays they wer selling for $200-220. Still have some left will wait for Christmas to unload the rest, there had been a few others, the Ice Dragon, etc. But seeing this set being $212 with tax, I don't see this set being a $400-and up set, but to play safe I wil get 3-5 of them, and they are a very poor seller the manager at Arundel Mills, said they had at least 50-75 in the back nobody is buying. and if you noticed my picture with Santa that was me in 1954. So as a investor I would not suggest buying tons of these.    Ed

I love your new profile pic. Let me guess...you were asking Santa for a Lego set?

I agree with your opinion on this set. Too risky in my opinion. I'll watch from the sidelines with this one. If I'm spending $200 per set it needs to be with less risk. If I'm wrong and this one explodes for some reason then oh well. Congrats to those who feel differently and bought some.

edit...if Lego runs a 50% off fire sale (ala UCS B-Wing), then I'll probably buy a few.

Edited by terrymc4677
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, KShine said:

I seem to recall LEGO giving away a $40 Ninjago set with the purchase of this set - does anyone else remember any details?

Yep. I bought it then; came with 70749 Enter the Serpent (was around mid-November 2015).

Edited by Battrax
  • Like 1