Argos adding new (old?) stock

Tpkuk

Argos are adding new items possibly for the new catalogue.

Currently the following have been added:

Red 5 x-wing £97.99

Cargo train £84.99

Imperial star destroyer £68.99

High speed train £62.99 (in stock in my area & online)

At At £57.99

Police station £44.99 (in stock in my area & online)

Jek-14 £33.99 (in stock within 10 miles of my area)

Also have hobbit range but at RRP, not checked anything under £30

Edited by nbrumby

Looks like it is stock for the new catalogue but incorrectly listed at the Jan/Feb clearance prices (apart from the jek-14) 

Cargo train & police station now back to full RRP, get in quick if you find a store with stock if you want the cheaper prices.

Also - use fastrack and pay online for store pickup, Argos have a habit of changing prices even though you reserved at the cheaper price.

Edited by nbrumby

Guest TabbyBoy

With Argos, always reserve/collect as you don't want your sets smashed while being sent in thin bin-liners, do you?  A bit worrying to see R5 as it looks like another year+ to go yet.  The AT-AT may be worth getting but, hopefully other retailers will soon be competing.

Up to you - you can always reject the goods when you collect - to be honest all my packaging disasters come from John Lewis. I've had good luck with Argos and the 'bin bags'!

R5 could be this years r2d2 at Argos, especially if they do 3 for 2 in September/ November.

Guest TabbyBoy

Up to you - you can always reject the goods when you collect - to be honest all my packaging disasters come from John Lewis. I've had good luck with Argos and the 'bin bags'!

R5 could be this years r2d2 at Argos, especially if they do 3 for 2 in September/ November.

I agree, JL used to be good until they started using bin liners last year. When I went to pick up 15 Dolphin Cruisers (£44.99 and 3 for 2) from Argos a while back, I had to leave 6 of them behind. I've had no problems with Amazon (non-reseller) orders.

However, I always keep my eye out for Argos 3 for 2 offers.

Prices seem to be back to RRP now. When I was looking last week lots of these knock down priced items were out of stock in my area.

Not sure what Argos are doing as they have also taken all the Mixels off their site. I know these aren't everyone's cup of tea but at £1 each they were a no-brainer. Hopefully they will be back when they realise their listings were a bit daft.

Only temptation for me at Argos now is http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1285013.htm

These could be easy pickings at Xmas as I'm sure the RRP on these are £10 each.

New Argos Catalogue in Ireland has following prices for example

Newe Mercedes Truck €258 (with motorised) - is the motor and option? - that's $280

Scooby Doo Mystery Machine €45  - that's $49

Red 5 €250

Seems way to expensive

Edited by maestro

I had a look on their 3 for 2 offer.

The Architecture sets and Avengers sets are tempting, but there are other sets that I want to load up on at this point in time.

They've jacked up all the prices, there's not a lot of actual bargains to be had. Stock levels are very poor too.

Might be a bit early in the life but what about Shuttle Tydirium?

Tydirium is a good bet. It’s nice set and it’s very well priced for the UK, at £79.99.  Looking at other SW sets, you usually see a much closer price parity with US; I.e GBP:USD 1:1
AT-AT retails at £109.99 - $109.99
MTT £89.99 – $89.99
AT-TE £79.99 – $89.99 

£79.99 - $99.99 for the Ty at a 0.80 ratio is the lowest besides EV at £199.99 - $249.99.  Given this I doubt there will be as much scope to discount this set in the future.   So 1/3 off is going to be good.  But it is early and argos do have 3/2 sales fairly often.