Argos adding new (old?) stock

Tpkuk

Yipp Hulkbuster is €45, so is the new Bat Boat and there's loads of examples of gouging I'm afraid, the ISD is €176 and the At-At is €165, way above their RRP's. I could only find about ten sets out of 240 worth getting price wise and the didn't have enough stock for aby of them.

Yipp Hulkbuster is €45, so is the new Bat Boat and there's loads of examples of gouging I'm afraid, the ISD is €176 and the At-At is €165, way above their RRP's. I could only find about ten sets out of 240 worth getting price wise and the didn't have enough stock for aby of them.

Argos aren't doing you guys any favors are they. You didn't get the red 5 deal from earlier in the month either? Shame man.

Hulkbuster is RRP £29.99 / $29.99 / €34.99. 
If you’re seeing €44.99, then yeah, that sucks.  

Playing a bit of devils advocate here but in terms of using this deal to get the hulkbuster is that a good strategy?  Of all the sets that have been/will be mass hoarded i think this has to be near the top.  Not a high buy in so one people can load up on.

Ok, once the new avengers films come out this one does have potential to do well but i just dont see it as one that will do that well.  Not intentionally asking for hate mail but i think even the riddler chase set will be a better investment.

Hulkbuster is a sure thing, I mean just look at the Golden Dragon prices over here especially on Amazon, and Ninjago tend not to do well over here. Golden dragon was most likely heavily horded, and the price has gone through the roof.

If I ever see the Hulkbuster at £15, I'm instantly buying 50 of them. To be honest I'm tempted with the current Argos 3 for 2 and get them for £20, but there's plenty of time left and always the slight chance of some retailer clearing them out. If not they will be £20 again at some point

Guys the value in this is in the £5 gift card on £25 Lego spend, as it’s calculated on pre discounted prices. 

Picked up my Hulkbusters and used the first gift card on a full set of mixels.  Full set retails at £27 – enough to qualify for the £5 gift card.  
3/2 = £18 - £5 GC = £13 and £5 GC gift card back… 

Okay you need a non GC spend to start the ball rolling, but after that it's all gravy. You can pick up any of the £20 sets, effective £11.66 per plus whatever cash back.

• Like 1

Guys the value in this is in the £5 gift card on £25 Lego spend, as it’s calculated on pre discounted prices. 

Picked up my Hulkbusters and used the first gift card on a full set of mixels.  Full set retails at £27 – enough to qualify for the £5 gift card.  
3/2 = £18 - £5 GC = £13 and £5 GC gift card back… 

Okay you need a non GC spend to start the ball rolling, but after that it's all gravy. You can pick up any of the £20 sets, effective £11.66 per plus whatever cash back.

Are the series 5 mixels on 3 for 2 then? 

Yes, all toys. YMMV on how many you get in a store though.

I hit 3 stores on the way home and I’m going to rinse it tomorrow. As soon as this makes hotukdeals, they’ll kill the gift card. 

Edited by feed

Not all toys. States 'selected' on the website. It's basically all old stock.

I tried to get Series 3 Mixels 3 for 2 but they weren't having it.

Playing a bit of devils advocate here but in terms of using this deal to get the hulkbuster is that a good strategy?  Of all the sets that have been/will be mass hoarded i think this has to be near the top.  Not a high buy in so one people can load up on.

Ok, once the new avengers films come out this one does have potential to do well but i just dont see it as one that will do that well.  Not intentionally asking for hate mail but i think even the riddler chase set will be a better investment.

You might be right but I always thought the mass hoarded sets be the best ones to get as they will become harder to acquire down the line?

Ok I am a pretty big star wars fan and have a soft spot for the Shuttle Tydirium.  Just managed to get 3 reserved (one for myself and 2 to put away).  Given how early it is in the life cycle of ST (has that one already been taken?!?) would I be better putting my hard earned coin else where (like start my ToO accumulation)?

Huge apologies for my error. It is ALL toys, had this confirmed today.

Shuttle Tydirium looks a great set with great figures but it is too early to start getting involved. The overall price looks good but a similar or better price should be available again closer to EOL.

Got a full set of series 5 Mixels for £8!

Ok - a little bit of creative accounting, already had a £5 gift card for free from a Friday purchase and got another £5 gift card.

So £27 (full price) - £9 3 for 2 - £5 - £5 = £8 nice

Hulkbuster is a sure thing, I mean just look at the Golden Dragon prices over here especially on Amazon, and Ninjago tend not to do well over here. Golden dragon was most likely heavily horded, and the price has gone through the roof.

If I ever see the Hulkbuster at £15, I'm instantly buying 50 of them. To be honest I'm tempted with the current Argos 3 for 2 and get them for £20, but there's plenty of time left and always the slight chance of some retailer clearing them out. If not they will be £20 again at some point

Ok despite my earlier comment I did read a couple of posts on here that made sense to me in terms of selling on down the line (skanks post as well).

Was walking past an Argos and popped in on the off-chance they had 3 of these available.  They did, so got them as well as the £5 gift card.  Not really in line with my investing strategy of no impulse buying on offers you've had considerable chance mull over but hey - worst comes to worst in 3 years I'll have pretty cool hulk vs hulkbuster battle set up on the mantle piece.

In addition have many people been taking advantage of the 3 for 2 Argos deal?

I was getting all wrapped up in the hype of raptor escape over on the board but its mainly US contributors there its a Wallmart exclusive.  Don't think there's anything exclusive over here (UK) on this set and even at 3 for 2 not convinced its a great deal.  Not one I'd be interested in and other then the raptors I don't see much value here.

Anyway, have 3 reserved for collection tomorrow but now tempted to let them slide.  Other then the R5 which im sure doesn't actually exist in any Argos store anyone got any tips?  If Jokerland or Tydirium weren't so new then I'd probably load up on them but as has been mentioned plenty of time on these 2.

After my earlier HB purchase I have a £5 voucher that's burning a hole in my pocket (and has an expiry at end of August).

Considering getting 3 of the Rebels storm trooper battle packs  - worst case is I get 12 troopers for £19.

So 3 for 2 is pretty much over, although there's a chance it will reoccur in September / November .

Think the best deal I got was 3x lonely mountains @ £65 each (taking into account the £5 gift card). Only annoyance this time is that everything had to be done in store, including home delivery items!

So 3 for 2 is pretty much over, although there's a chance it will reoccur in September / November .

Think the best deal I got was 3x lonely mountains @ £65 each (taking into account the £5 gift card). Only annoyance this time is that everything had to be done in store, including home delivery items!

How did you get the lonely mountain on the 3 for 2? It was an online exclusive no?

Sent them a DM on Twitter and they replied online exclusives are included in 3 for 2 but to qualify must be purchased in store.

Was very weird ordering something in store for home delivery,  but came next day with no issues.  

Edited by Tpkuk

I just stocked up on like 27 General Grevious bikes, by being a total **** and paying for 3 at a time, ended up with like 45 quids worth of vouchers, which I will most likely use on last years Minecraft sets.

To be honest this was the worse 3 for 2 Argos has run in the last 3 years ( 3 for 2 on R2-D2'S, already discounted working out at 80 each, that was a good week) but hey the General will pay off in 12 months. Now back to buying Tower bridges.

• 2 weeks later...

I just stocked up on like 27 General Grevious bikes, by being a total **** and paying for 3 at a time, ended up with like 45 quids worth of vouchers, which I will most likely use on last years Minecraft sets.

To be honest this was the worse 3 for 2 Argos has run in the last 3 years ( 3 for 2 on R2-D2'S, already discounted working out at 80 each, that was a good week) but hey the General will pay off in 12 months. Now back to buying Tower bridges.

Did you get any £80 R2's? The way I remember it by the time they reduced them there was no UK stock. I acquired my 22 through Argos at their full price during the 3 for 2 promotions.

Actually yeah it turns out, you could kinda play the stores, order 3 for example at 80 each, then check the nearest stores in the area, I have about 20 within 20 miles. Then say I ordered 3 but only 1 or 2 maybe in stock, they then say go to your nearest store and collect the third one for free just show the receipt. It's a load of hassle but I did manage to pickup like 9 this way, so was well worth it in the long run.

Actually yeah it turns out, you could kinda play the stores, order 3 for example at 80 each, then check the nearest stores in the area, I have about 20 within 20 miles. Then say I ordered 3 but only 1 or 2 maybe in stock, they then say go to your nearest store and collect the third one for free just show the receipt. It's a load of hassle but I did manage to pickup like 9 this way, so was well worth it in the long run.

Err... i think there was only one winner in that one.  In hindsight that's a great call you made for the effort involved.