70413 - Brick Bounty

mike1985

On Montag, 1. Februar 2016 at 7:37 PM, legogregors said:

German Seller on US Amazon 3rd party is blowing these out at $129.99 shipped.  They have 19 available.

They are still widely available in Germany at a price tag of 79 Euros. With some clever coupon + cashback etc. usage you can still get them at a really low buy-in here. I got one I bought for 40 Euros in the first week of January.

• 3 weeks later...

Found a store in *** with 8 Brick Bounties for $96 each including tax. Are these worth picking up? I have stuck with SW sets, exclusives, and sets at huge discounts thus far, but my gut says this one will be a winner. But it's really out of my wheelhouse. Anybody have any current prognostication on these? Are many of these still out there in the US?

Found a store in *** with 8 Brick Bounties for $96 each including tax. Are these worth picking up? I have stuck with SW sets, exclusives, and sets at huge discounts thus far, but my gut says this one will be a winner. But it's really out of my wheelhouse. Anybody have any current prognostication on these? Are many of these still out there in the US?

It's $150 on amazon. Leave them

21 minutes ago, brickolodon said:

In 6 month will be 175-199 range...got all mine last bricktober and year end sales in lego stores around 75.00

Now you've stopped me from building and displaying one of my two Brick Bountys (€ 63 and € 68). :money:

Looks like I just have to hope for another large sailing ship when Pirates of the Carribean 5 is released.

4 hours ago, brickolodon said:

In 6 month will be 175-199 range...got all mine last bricktober and year end sales in lego stores around 75.00

What currency - pesos? Here there is more than enough stock  on ebay and in shops at RRP or below to prevent that from happening. Maybe at Xmas it could,but I have doubts.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2016 at 8:21 PM, Alucard1982 said:

They are slowly fading away in Australia, Target has them on clearance for $79 AUD (RRP/MSRP: $140). Next week Target is having a BOG50% Sale on all toys including clearance. I have thrown a couple on lay-by to get them matched next week - $120AUD for 2 isn't too shabby :)

wise man :)

i missed the boat on the first few days of the sale as i was in japan. there really isn't much for me to choose from now! oh well, not the end of the world. 

:D

• Like 1

On 22/03/2016 at 4:18 AM, Hamlet said:

Now you've stopped me from building and displaying one of my two Brick Bountys (€ 63 and € 68). :money:

Looks like I just have to hope for another large sailing ship when Pirates of the Carribean 5 is released.

Don't apply American performance predictions to the European market.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scatterbug said:

Don't apply American performance predictions to the European market.

The big smiley was meant slightly hyperbolic but I hear you! First noticed the difference in performance with the 75038 Jedi Interceptor: While fellow brickpickers talked about them selling for + $40 I picked them up locally for about €22 ($25) on average and eBay prices here are still lingering slightly above €30 ($34).

I still got a third Brick Bounty at about €63 as I hope for a decent profit at that price. I have now officially broken my collecting rule of "one lego set for me, one for the basement" and am now at a ratio of 1:2... let's see how long that will last :)

• 4 weeks later...

They are still widely available in Germany at a price tag of 79 Euros. With some clever coupon + cashback etc. usage you can still get them at a really low buy-in here. I got one I bought for 40 Euros in the first week of January.

Now that was a superb purchase!!! I got two in March for 80€, and I thought I got a great deal!!!

I believe these ships will be around 150€ by the end of the year. Within Christmas 2017 we may see them at 175€-200€. Pirate ships have always been interesting and now Lego isn't producing any...

Every month there are new members, new collectors and new investors so there are always chances to sell these ships, and other Lego's, at great prices.

7 hours ago, miguelze said:

Now that was a superb purchase!!! I got two in March for 80€, and I thought I got a great deal!!!

I believe these ships will be around 150€ by the end of the year. Within Christmas 2017 we may see them at 175€-200€. Pirate ships have always been interesting and now Lego isn't producing any...

Every month there are new members, new collectors and new investors so there are always chances to sell these ships, and other Lego's, at great prices.

Not happening. They are selling for around 80 euros on Ebay now and there is still plenty of unsold stock at the 100 euros mark from the German big player resellers. Pigs might fly before this one doubles in RRP!

Edited by Val-E