75094 - Imperial Shuttle Tydirium

MarleyMoose

3 minutes ago, Brenner said:

Ordered 1 from Toys R US weeks ago, picked it up today at my friends' place. Was surprised by the seal code: 35S5

Why surprised? Because of the time since it was produced?

(The set came out in June and your seal code is from an August production run.)

I stacked 3 TRU vouchers and bought this for £34 recently, I've been putting off buying it because I wasn't sure how good the finished product would be, but I have to say, best £34 I've spent on lego. Very under rated set. Surprisingly big for an RRP £70 and with a MOC stand it looks great displayed. If you haven't got this yet, pull the trigger.

I've put it next to the huge Helicarrier to show scale

a4ea62b13d9f9e9ffe4e20a73f49f8be.jpg

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, TugaBricks said:

People are starting to stock up on these... maybe EOL before xmas?

I don't think that necessarily means it will be retired soon. I would guess most people are stocking up due to the sale at LEGO Shop at Home, since this is definitely the most solid set that is discounted for May the 4th

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TugaBricks said:

People are starting to stock up on these... maybe EOL before xmas?

Its likely it will follow the pattern of the AT-AT (75054) and ISD (75055), thus be gone by Christmas.  Though with it being stockpiled this early, I suspect it will take a while to appreciate much beyond the typical 50% above RRP.  That will still put it at double most buyins (25-30% bellow RRP), but do not expect AT-AT returns.  We will see ISD returns at best.

Edited by jay4e

2 minutes ago, jay4e said:

Its likely it will follow the pattern of the AT-AT (75054) and ISD (75055), thus be gone by Christmas.  Though with it being stockpiled this early, I suspect it will take a while to appreciate much beyond the typical 50% above RRP.  That will still put it at double most buyins (25-30% bellow RRP), but do not expect AT-AT returns.  We will see ISD returns at best.

I'd agree--it's a beautiful ship, but not quite AT-AT status. Too bad it didn't stay "under the radar," but as many have said, not a lot of competition right now. 

6 minutes ago, jay4e said:

I don't think ISD has stopped growing yet.  AT-AT may have trouble getting above $250, but we'll see.

2 minutes ago, biking_tiger said:

I'd agree--it's a beautiful ship, but not quite AT-AT status. Too bad it didn't stay "under the radar," but as many have said, not a lot of competition right now. 

The radar is so huge now it's hard to get around that thing.

• Like 4

up to 18 now after seeing these on multiple survival levels in Battlefront which is one long commercial of IST.  Need to make an MOC of my lifeless body being blasted by a shocktrooper minifigure while hiding underneath the IST in the rain on the Endor base level.

Imperial Shuttles seem to be rare in the rotation .  There have only been 6 Imperial Shuttle LEGO sets and 3 of those were polybags or small sets under 100 pieces.  There should be at least 4-5 years of no remake at a minimum - maybe even longer given the new movies and new material.  This is the second largest Imperial Shuttle and will be the 99%'er 10212 UCS Imperial Shuttle.  

I would anticipate EOL to commence at the end of November during the holiday black friday double VIP annual mass extinction event.  maybe we get lucky and it goes sooner but i doubt it ,  it is loaded in stock _EVERYWHERE_ at the moment.  expecting target to clear these at 30-50% off coming up in June-July.

yes its hoarded and being hoarded - on the shelves of every walmart, target, TRU, kmart,  but assuming no remakes for at least 4-5 years and the frequent screen time in Battlefront and ongoing re-birth of dark age AFOLs , $240 by November 2019 would be my price target.  at an $80 buyin, you are easily doubling your money post fees etc but again, that's like 42 months from now which probably sounds like forever to a lot of BP'ers.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 6

up to 18 now after seeing these on multiple survival levels in Battlefront which is one long commercial of IST.  Need to make an MOC of my lifeless body being blasted by a shocktrooper minifigure while hiding underneath the IST in the rain on the Endor base level.

Imperial Shuttles seem to be rare in the rotation .  There have only been 6 Imperial Shuttle LEGO sets and 3 of those were polybags or small sets under 100 pieces.  There should be at least 4-5 years of no remake at a minimum - maybe even longer given the new movies and new material.  This is the second largest Imperial Shuttle and will be the 99%'er 10212 UCS Imperial Shuttle.  

I would anticipate EOL to commence at the end of November during the holiday black friday double VIP annual mass extinction event.  maybe we get lucky and it goes sooner but i doubt it ,  it is loaded in stock _EVERYWHERE_ at the moment.  expecting target to clear these at 30-50% off coming up in June-July.

yes its hoarded and being hoarded - on the shelves of every walmart, target, TRU, kmart,  but assuming no remakes for at least 4-5 years and the frequent screen time in Battlefront and ongoing re-birth of dark age AFOLs , $240 by November 2019 would be my price target.  at an $80 buyin, you are easily doubling your money post fees etc but again, that's like 42 months from now which probably sounds like forever to a lot of BP'ers.

Sshhhhhh. You should charge $$ for this info.

16 minutes ago, cladner said:

Thanks for your insight. Very useful and concise information.

Cheers.

This set dropped to $74 at a number of walmarts.  Checked earlier today and the app had them listed in stock at $74 still at my closest Walmart.  Just checked back this afternoon and it was listed at $49 and they are gone.  Do you think this may signal the EOL?  Or maybe only a walmart thing where they are clearing the shelves for the June 2016 star wars sets?  Also the Imperial Assault Carrier is down to $65 at the same walmart.

52 minutes ago, gobuffs98 said:

I've seen them like 8 deep at a few stores.  I might get a couple.

you'll regret not getting them all - 50% off star wars lego = CASH MONEY.  

even crappy Jabbas Barge is back to MSRP amazaon FBM :)

i'd video and post  the shelf swipe.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...