75920 - Raptor Escape

Jeff Mack

lego_75920.thumb.jpg.b4364bd23efbc215fce

Uh-oh – there’s double dino trouble in Jurassic World! One of the raptors has escaped its pen and is running loose. Jump into the high-speed offroader and set off in hot pursuit. Fire the flick shooter and use Barry’s tranquilizer gun to tame the menacing marauder. Meanwhile, the other raptor has triggered the trap function to bring the vet toppling down into its pen. Rush back to save him before the raptor can grab him in its snapping jaws. Includes 2 minifigures with assorted weapons: Barry and a vet.

• Includes 2 minifigures with assorted weapons: Barry and a vet
  • Pen features minifigure trap function, feeding slot, closing gate, antenna, searchlight-style elements, Jurassic Park decoration and various translucent electric fence-style elements
  • High-speed offroader features a driver’s cockpit for a minifigure and a flick missile shooter
  • Raptors (Delta and Echo) each feature posable arms, legs, neck and snapping jaws
  • Also includes a chicken leg element
  • Weapons include the Barry’stranquilizer gun and the vet’s shock rod
  • Chase after the escaping raptor in the offroader
  • Fire the flick missile to take down the beast
  • Make the raptor jump to activate the pen’s minifigure trap
  • Save the fallen vet from the dangerous dinosaur
  • Create your own thrilling Jurassic World action scenes
  • Pen measures over 8” (22cm) high, 7” (18cm) wide and 7” (20cm) deep
  • Barry’s high-speed offroader measures over 1” (4cm) high, 2” (7cm) long and 1” (5cm) wide
  • Raptors (Delta andEcho) each stand over 2” (7cm) tall
Edited by Jeff Mack
  • Like 1

I created this thread for dcdfan. 

I am very honored to say the least...

Carrying over from the Jurassic World 2015 forum...If this Walmart exclusive (in America) is truly done, it should prove to be a very highly sought after piece as The Zombies is...

• Like 4

We aim to please.  

As far as speculation on this set, you never know.  The Indominus Rex set went OOS real fast at launch and is already gone at Amazon and Walmart. Still in stock at Target and LEGO S@H, but will it show up in the other two again.  Like others have said, it is quite popular because of the movie and LEGO might be making mass quantities of all these sets right now.  I think they will want to get them out as soon as possible though while its still summer, the kids are still hungry for these sets.  If they don't, I am not sure if we will see all them by Christmas.

• Like 1

Moved my post from Jurassic World thread to this:

This theme has acted very strangely. Especially here in Canada. In my area (GTA), no Walmart's ever got any physical stock of any Jurassic set, even before they were flying off the shelves after the movie came out. Online stock is so limited and all the JW sets are labelled "NOT SOLD IN STORES".

I'm willing to bet that WM Canada never even got shipments of Raptor Escape. If they did it might have been very early in the line's release and they sold out quick as i never had a chance to get it and i purchased all the sets a couple days after release.

The non-LEGO toys from JW are also really terrible if anyone's been watching reviews and whatnot (Raptors missing their raptor claw, Indominous not able to stand on it's own, easily breaking mechanisms, no line of action figures, etc). These toys are nothing like the JP1-JP2 toy lines which were amazing. Maybe LEGO did not expect this much traffic on their products, and the crappy Hasbro line detered many to grab LEGO sets instead.

Again who knows though, happy i have a couple Escapes just in case.

Just picked up the last 15 in my state. Here is to hoping for zombie type returns, with a limited production.

I picked up 15 Raptor Escapes as well from several different Walmarts I passed on my way back home from visiting my parents after the Fourth of Jul holiday.  I am thinking about hitting up a few more to scoop up the last few remaining in my area.

• Like 3

I'm just gonna guess here but wouldn't Target, Walmart & TRU decide how many they want of their exclusive release? If so, maybe Target under guessed on The Zombies & Walmart under guessed on Raptor Escape? If that is the case, maybe TRU over guesses theirs. That could explain why TRU seems to have their exclusives until the end of time...

I'm up to 15 or so and got 2 more stores in sight.  It's up to almost $70 on Amazon.  I do know from talking to Entertainment Earth my agent said that Hasbro is stopping production on many toy lines like Transformers to make room for all this Star Wars frenzy about to happen. I'm hoping Lego just don't have time to make more of these or the entire JW lineup for that matter.  

• Like 2

I won't go as far as to say this lineup is done, but I think generally speaking Lego has it's hands full at this particular moment.   They don't wanna short themselves on the Star Wars front.  This is their bread & butter, because it's every other Star Wars licensee bread & butter( don't run out of stock).   Couple that with not shorting bigger exclusives items along with the existing long term mainstay themes.  Bottom line is something has to be cut out.  I think there's potential for a mass of retirements sooner than later in all themes.

• Like 1

I did stop at a few Wal-Marts on the way to Pittsburgh yesterday and I didn't see a single Raptor Escape.  From what I've observed the past couple weeks, this one is fairly rare right now, as most of you have noted.  My local Wal-Mart had 20 of them that I've been watching the past few weeks or so. I'm not sure why this Wal-Mart had received so many?  I did bite the bullet on them this morning.  I left one with a loose seal.  They're still out there at a few stores.

P1130064.thumb.JPG.59897bc5e19d315296799

Edited by exciter1
  • Like 6