75920 - Raptor Escape

Jeff Mack

Found some Raptor Escapes at my Walmart. Are they worth getting? Opinions needed.

As Jeff says, it's really up to you.  I'm advising my friends to buy, buy, buy. You can currently flip one on ebay in a few hours for $5 profit (or more), so there's no reason not to get them.  The question is, do you take that short term gain... or hold them in hopes that they are already retired*, and no one knows it yet? (*this would be a very, very, very rare thing).

Found some Raptor Escapes at my Walmart. Are they worth getting? Opinions needed.

Take the $150 youde spend on three of them and invest in a modular in that range or even a FG. Take the $200 youde spend on 4 of them and get a Xwing or any UCS in that range or modular or Ferris wheel.

Take the $150 youde spend on three of them and invest in a modular in that range or even a FG. Take the $200 youde spend on 4 of them and get a Xwing or any UCS in that range or modular or Ferris wheel.

If these JW sets are done now, you can double or triple your money by XMAS then flip it into two times as many Modulars or UCS sets, just in time for those sets to retire.
  • Like 1

Lego is still shipping them. Ordered a coupla 75919's on the 16th even though it said not shipping until July 25th or something(says Aug 1 now) and they shipped on the 17th.

Not saying the JW line isn't done or planned to be a shortened one, but I don't see the panic button yet since they're still available, just popular.

Yea I disagree. Im actually gonna sell some of my PS and PC to reinvest in these sets because it is a guaranteed quick flip with potential for Town Hall like returns. 

Yea I disagree. Im actually gonna sell some of my PS and PC to reinvest in these sets because it is a guaranteed quick flip with potential for Town Hall like returns. 

I have no idea what your buy in was on PC or PS, but I'm assuming it was around retail since discounts on those sets are hard to come by. If that's the case, then why would you sell at a loss on sets you have probably only held for less than a year to speculate on a $40 walmart exclusive? PC and PS are going to do well. You just have to be patient. The raptor escape will need to skyrocket in value, which is no guarantee, in order to meet your expectations as well as cover the loss you will take by selling PC and PS right now. Buy some raptors, sure, but don't sell the modulars to do it. 

• Like 2

I have no idea what your buy in was on PC or PS, but I'm assuming it was around retail since discounts on those sets are hard to come by. If that's the case, then why would you sell at a loss on sets you have probably only held for less than a year to speculate on a $40 walmart exclusive? PC and PS are going to do well. You just have to be patient. The raptor escape will need to skyrocket in value, which is no guarantee, in order to meet your expectations as well as cover the loss you will take by selling PC and PS right now. Buy some raptors, sure, but don't sell the modulars to do it. 

hedge fund betting.

highly speculative.

Part of the SQFLL motto.

I'm in.

If these JW sets are done now, you can double or triple your money by XMAS then flip it into two times as many Modulars or UCS sets, just in time for those sets to retire.

you've mentioned flipping and flippers twice in the past day and a half.  That is the more interesting scenario then if this set is retiring.

you've mentioned flipping and flippers twice in the past day and a half.  That is the more interesting scenario then if this set is retiring.

I was just pondering that.

Perhaps a new day, sun shining everywhere, the clouds open, the choir is singing and Brother Ed is joining wait for it not the QFLL brethren but the SQFLL.

Miracles can happen!

• Like 2

I have 10 plus each of PS and PC. I can sell PS for $$220 with net profit of 178 so Actually making a little on those. If I had unlimited funds I would definitely keep but I think these have more potential right now then Modulars.  I see the QFLL tag a lot so I guess that selling lego is frowned upon. I sell lego to buy more lego. If I keep it for 2 days or 2 years who cares. I never understood the hate for quick flippers. 

I have 10 plus each of PS and PC. I can sell PS for $$220 with net profit of 178 so Actually making a little on those. If I had unlimited funds I would definitely keep but I think these have more potential right now then Modulars.  I see the QFLL tag a lot so I guess that selling lego is frowned upon. I sell lego to buy more lego. If I keep it for 2 days or 2 years who cares. I never understood the hate for quick flippers. 

sir I salute you

But, you better act quickly.  If these truly are going the way that we "hope" they go.  Then, time is limited to get them, in fact it may already be past the point of landing RE at good quantities.  From what i've seen Trex, IR, and RE are already fairly well depleted, not only online but in stores.  

However, on the same token, let's say RE is the next zombies and IR is the next HH.  If that's the case then I say wait it out.  Those sets are around 5x and 4x respectively from their RRP, and it took less than a year for HH to get there, and about 2 years for Zombies to get to it's current going rate.  But, obviously the sets that do go that way, seem to always have a pattern - they become scarce and go before the vast majority catch on.  So, I would rather hold my hand and ride it to the end, then fold em' early by quick flipping.  If a massive restock comes back, then ohh well, sometimes wishful dreams die quickly.

Edited by fossilrock

I was just pondering that.

Perhaps a new day, sun shining everywhere, the clouds open, the choir is singing and Brother Ed is joining wait for it not the QFLL brethren but the SQFLL.

Miracles can happen!

You were just not here when I welcomed him to the dark side a couple of weeks ago :devil:

• Like 1

You were just not here when I welcomed him to the dark side a couple of weeks ago :devil:

he needs to prove his words.

he needs to pull out a sealed mint 10179 and sell it to me for $3-4,000 as a discounted favor if I drive all the way to the Northeast to pick it up and pay in cash..  He will still have 100 left. Lol...

Nobody around here hates quick flippers... We argue about ethics, but not people who flip for a few bucks. Many people just don't understand or have the desire to flip for a few bucks. You can say .. hey, I made $5 on it, but after your cost to acquire & ship, did you? (ps not arguing, just repeating for your convenience)

I've flipped sets, but I won't do it for $20 on a $200 set... $40, maybe. :)

• Like 1

I only quick flip super hot sets like Elsa and Hulkbuster. Like stocks I have long term and short term. The dilema is now RE is a great quick flip and could also be 100 by Christmas. Heck it could be that by Labor Day.

Do what you like, no skin off my back. :)

If Pet Shop retires this year... you may regret it, you may not. The decision is yours.

I am not a quick flipper because of lack of time, but when an opportunity arises, I tell people about it. This could be an excellent opportunity to make money or a big nothing, but even if this set comes back into stock, this theme is gone in a year so what is the downside? LEGO is throwing out some bones here and people should pay attention. It's not over yet. This new STAR WARS movie is going to create chaos like you have never seen.