Chicagoland Area Forum

comicblast

There were some GREAT deals in aurora that I was too late on...like complete $20-30 sets used that one could flip for $100. I'd bought a bunch of star wars sets from the same lady a few months ago but was too slow this time. If you search wisconsin there's also one huge $500 lot that comes with about $560 of trains and lots of other stuff...but its in WI and $500. and yeah bionicles suck unless they are complete and you want to play with them (which I used to love doing)

I just got back from the Orland Park Lego store, and they have two 41999s on the shelf right now.  There are also four Captain America Avenging Cycles on the shelf at $10.49 each and four Monster Fighter Accessory sets at $10.49.  Maybe the store had more in the back, but I did not ask. 

• 2 weeks later...

I just got back from the Orland Park Lego store, and they have two 41999s on the shelf right now.  There are also four Captain America Avenging Cycles on the shelf at $10.49 each and four Monster Fighter Accessory sets at $10.49.  Maybe the store had more in the back, but I did not ask. 

What does the pick a brick in Orland look like? Do they sell cups or do they do it by weight?  I am not too far from there, I would like to go in today, but I have my 2 year old son with me.  I doubt he would let me spend any quality time going through bricks without trying to add his own ideas.

What does the pick a brick in Orland look like? Do they sell cups or do they do it by weight? I am not too far from there, I would like to go in today, but I have my 2 year old son with me. I doubt he would let me spend any quality time going through bricks without trying to add his own ideas.

Orland Square LS does it by cup at typical rate. They usually have a decent selection too.

Orland Square LS does it by cup at typical rate. They usually have a decent selection too.

Thanks.  I will have to take a trip in there Monday.  I know they have that nice play area for the little ones on the bottom floor.  Maybe my wife can keep him occupied while I go spend money.

Thanks.  I will have to take a trip in there Monday.  I know they have that nice play area for the little ones on the bottom floor.  Maybe my wife can keep him occupied while I go spend money.

Be sure to catch the mini-model builds every first Tuesday of the month.  Last month, we took the kids to build a grill, and a jewelry box.  This month, it was a flamingo - all for free!

I went into the Orland Park store today and bought a few items, but their Lego wall was mostly large bricks and only 3 or 4 bowls of smaller items.  They did have a few green round pieces and some tires, but not enough to coax me into filling up a cup.  I had my 2 year old son, and we just did the build 3x mini figs for $9.00 and I bought him a 

CLS-89 Eradicator Mech

None at Northbrook Court or Water Tower, either. There may be future shipments, but no one knows anything. And I'm not going to call the store and visit the stores every day. Seems like too much effort to expend to try to get one now. I only purchase sets for adults now (those that say +) and had a few opportunities to buy these but stuck to my plan since these were for 11 to 16 or something like that. Oh well. TRU did have some in stock supposedly at 199.99 Sunday morning. Their website indicates they'll be getting another shipment. If you go to their website, you can set up an email notification when they come back in stock.

None at Northbrook Court or Water Tower, either. There may be future shipments, but no one knows anything. And I'm not going to call the store and visit the stores every day. Seems like too much effort to expend to try to get one now. I only purchase sets for adults now (those that say +) and had a few opportunities to buy these but stuck to my plan since these were for 11 to 16 or something like that. Oh well. TRU did have some in stock supposedly at 199.99 Sunday morning. Their website indicates they'll be getting another shipment. If you go to their website, you can set up an email notification when they come back in stock.

pat, was that TRU online that had the 4x4 LEC in stock?

Yes - it was TRU online. Below is a message from exciter1 on the 4x4 crawler thread about his order. (It qualified for the 15% off sale going on this week.) I received this email from TRU on both my orders. I hope they don't get canceled. Looks like they've already shipped my Crug Swamp Speeders. Thank you for shopping at Toysrus.com and Babiesrus.com. We have received your order # XXXX However, there has been an unexpected delay in the shipment of the following item(s): Item: 16573252 Description: LEGO Technic 4 X 4 Crawler Co-creation 41999 Quantity: 1 @ $169.99 Shipped Method: Standard Shipping Please note: This is not a cancellation email. Your item(s) will be shipped once it becomes available. You will receive a shipping confirmation email with updated tracking information once your item(s) has shipped. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding. Thank you again for shopping at Toysrus.com and Babiesrus.com. Sincerely, The Guest Service Team Toysrus.com and Babiesrus.com

I grabbed a 

LEGO Star Wars 9498 Saesee at the Orland Target for $19.  It was in the clearance aisle by the White Sox hats. 

Nothing else there to speak of.  I did check all their "As Advertised" tags on the Lego, but the price under the sale tags were exactly the same.  I hate when then do that. 

Nice job and grabbing that while it was up - any tricks on how you found it, or was it luck? 

I was posting another members email. I missed out. It showed as available for me around 8 am, but by the time I placed my order (half an hour later), it was gone. Just got lucky seeing it. I don't know when it became available but somehow it seems like these types of things aren't posted right at midnight but rather around 6 to 7 am.

Has the Target clearance basically dried up around you guys? I did a quick check this afternoon, and all I could find was a MF Swamp Creature for $3.60 or so. The box was opened already so I didn't grab it...

I did notice that my Target has switched in a new LEGO SW display, which is OUTSTANDING! It has an awesome tiered display for basically all figures (including the Rancor and Jabba), and a few sets on the other side. Best thing is, that it is a stunning 4 feet long! I was getting tired of seeing that CHIMA display being the biggest one... I'll see if I can find a picture of the display for yall...

EDIT: Here you go...

http://www.yakfaceforums.com/phpBB3/download/file.php?id=3065&sid=5becd912b044913a22f727f88df694b4

http://www.yakfaceforums.com/phpBB3/download/file.php?id=3064&sid=5becd912b044913a22f727f88df694b4