Chicagoland Area Forum

comicblast

• 3 weeks later...

i got a grand emporium, i've been wanting it for awhile now to build and plan on selling the store set. i was going to get up early to make sure i got one but i was super lazy today. i called the store around 5:30pm and they still had the store sets so I went over. i'm not tempted to open mine at all, it looks pretty bleh and can probably be bricklinked for cheap, except for maybe the lego sticker

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone in Chicago that is looking for a decent price on Helm's Deep should log onto Toysrus.com and search for a Store Pickup at the Burbank store on the south side. there's one or two left as of late last night. If the $25 off $100 promo is still running, you should be able to grab one for $114 total. They are currently selling for over $150 on eBay and rising.

Chicagolanders - OP store still has Winter Village Cottage sets in stock.  I called to confirm and they still have a stack left. This one appears to be retiring guys - get them while you can!

Thanks.  Already got 2 and built one.  Well, 1/2 built now.  Would not mind getting a few more, I guess.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So glad there is a Chicagoland forum!  I have only been on brickpicker for a few months and thought it was a bit weird there were not sighting threads for each state/country.  I have been a member of a transformers board board(tfw2005) for 13 years and their Illinois sighting thread is my main post area.  We have meet ups special trades, drink nights etc...

Hope we can do something like this also.

I am in the wrigleyville area and work in River North so always hitting a bunch of stores.  The Lego store downtown has all the newest superheroes & Star Wars sets.  Grabbed a Joker Steamroller today.

• 1 month later...

Looks kinda dirty and played with by a 'baby'.  If I saw a few mini's in there, I might bite, but one picture doesn't entice me.  Thanks for posting it, though.  I am not a fan of CL at all.  I am waiting for garage sale season to kick back in soon.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Chicago BPers! Have you seen any Robie Houses or John Hancock Centres on B&****** shelves or lego stores lately in Chicago? Understand these are retired but sometimes they still sit on the shelves for a while more.

Am thinking of visiting Chicago next week and would be touring RH and JHCs so would like to purchase one of each for momento. Appreciate any advice. Thanks!