Chicagoland Area Forum

comicblast

Not much heavy clearance at target, walmart in northwest suburbs. Any luck? Where?

Not much for me in downtown Chicago Targets. I did pick up 3 Jungle Animals that were advertised as 50% off, but that was it. Everything else 15-30% off. Seems to be consistent with the rest of the country.

Early Wednesday morning, I saw two separate guys at Hodgkins Target spin through the Lego aisle doing a little clearance checking.  One guy grabbed a MC Cave, while the other didn't see anything he liked and kept moving.  Two QFLLs on full display - the guy who grabbed the last Cave took it off the shelf as my son and I were discussing whether he wanted to buy it or another set for his collection (fortunately, my son landed on the Wookie Gunship once the Cave was gone).

I had to chuckle a little - two separate people casing the Lego aisle not 10 minutes apart...

• Like 1

Early Wednesday morning, I saw two separate guys at Hodgkins Target spin through the Lego aisle doing a little clearance checking.  One guy grabbed a MC Cave, while the other didn't see anything he liked and kept moving.  Two QFLLs on full display - the guy who grabbed the last Cave took it off the shelf as my son and I were discussing whether he wanted to buy it or another set for his collection (fortunately, my son landed on the Wookie Gunship once the Cave was gone).

I had to chuckle a little - two separate people casing the Lego aisle not 10 minutes apart...

Last week I made a run for 3 Targets at 8:00 sharp. At the first one, there was one other guy was in the LEGO aisle on his phone checking prices on what appeared to be BL. He left after seeing that he came too early and that most of the aisle was untouched by clearance stickers. I was wondering who might have picked up the 100+ Series 12 minifigures that were 30% off... I had been hoping for a deeper discount.

Heh, wasn't me.  You should have told that QFLL money can be better spent for QFLLing than on the cave at this point.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Just joined in, and I'm from Rockford, IL. If you guys are near any Farm and Fleets, they have the Series 13 Minifigures on clearance. I'm going in later today, so I'll be able to get you guys an exact price. Any other lego fans in the Rockford/Loves Park area?

• 7 months later...

I will be there, in and around the KLUG display. It is shaping up to be an awesome show! They opened more of the great hall for the first time, and now aisles are wider, so getting around should be easy! Lots of vendors too, to suck away your money! Old sets, custom pieces, and custom-printed pieces. T-shirts, and minifigs all over!

After all the Disney fig buying lately, I think I am ok on the minifig front...thanks for the heads up. I think I will be there early Sunday so hoping parking won't be too bad if I am there around 9:45ish...

If anyone wants to meet up Sunday just to say hello, PM me as I will be there when the gates open and thanks again @Lordoflego for the heads up on this...it's only 40 mins from my house, and should be smooth sailing on a Sunday am...I was looking at the current travel times yesterday when we were chatting and they were over an hour....NO TY!!!! :) Glad to be traveling Sunday am. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lordoflego said:

parking was a pain in the neck last year so keep that in mind, also watch out for fake minifigs/Lego. 

If you find any non-Lego china knock-offs (i.e. fake minifigs) please let someone that is running the show know. they are not supposed to be selling knock-offs....custom figs with real Lego parts yes, but knock-offs no!

16 minutes ago, dman2900 said:

If you find any non-Lego china knock-offs (i.e. fake minifigs) please let someone that is running the show know. they are not supposed to be selling knock-offs....custom figs with real Lego parts yes, but knock-offs no!

I will. Last year I bought something from one of the vendors and with every purchase you got to spin a wheel and win a freebie. The free minifig I won was a non-Lego wizard minifig  

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...