Chicagoland Area Forum

comicblast

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody care to share what they got from Barnes & Nobles in the area? I got a couple micro ghost, a desinty's bounty, and a kylo rens buildible in evanston... Got  City square, master wu dragon (left 2 heartlake malls) on webster ave. thinking about stopping places tomorrow, but would like to avoid places you guys have already raided, or maybe would like to visit somewhere you guys left something behind. 

I was in Evanston at 9am yesterday. U got tie advanced there after me with one seal missing? Regret leaving some of the ninjago but oh well. Did 9 stores total. Romeoville, Plainfield, Schaumburg, Bloomingdales, old orchard mall, Evanston, Vernon hills. Buffalo grove and bollingbrook. Only Evanston had SW. Almost in oak brook now

Edited by Lordoflego

1 hour ago, Lordoflego said:

I was in Evanston at 9am yesterday. U got tie advanced there after me with one seal missing? Regret leaving some of the ninjago but oh well. Did 9 stores total. Romeoville, Plainfield, Schaumburg, Bloomingdales, old orchard mall, Evanston, Vernon hills. Buffalo grove and bollingbrook. Only Evanston had SW. Almost in oak brook now

Wow i just missed you. I planned to get there at 9:00 but was running late and got there about 9:25.. I left the missing seal tie, i think some older guy grabbed it who was looking for a ghost that the website said they had in stock. i'm surprised that you left the micro ghosts, i expect those to do well down line. I gave the manager my contact info and told her call me when they find the poe's x-wings but we'll see how that goes lol... how was your SW take in evanston?

49 minutes ago, Jeffrey_Dollars said:

Wow i just missed you. I planned to get there at 9:00 but was running late and got there about 9:25.. I left the missing seal tie, i think some older guy grabbed it who was looking for a ghost that the website said they had in stock. i'm surprised that you left the micro ghosts, i expect those to do well down line. I gave the manager my contact info and told her call me when they find the poe's x-wings but we'll see how that goes lol... how was your SW take in evanston?

Gotta say, glad I was there first, plus we avoided a fist fight ;) 

1x 75101 tie fighter

1x 75139 battle of takodana

1 X 75099 Rey's speeder

2 X 75100 first order snowspeeder

2 X 75104 kylo Ren's shuttle

and because night before I reserved some (but heard enough about B&N calling back stating that they can't hold it, that's why I decided to be there at 9am) they had my number so after I left, they called me saying that they found 1x 75106 (imperial assault carrier) and they kept it for me till I came back at 6pm :) 

all 50% off plus membership discount. 

How did you do today/yesterday? Plus did you go to any of the stores I listed above? 

Edited by Lordoflego
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Lordoflego said:

All that driving would require a lot of portillos.

• Like 1

Gotta say, glad I was there first, plus we avoided a fist fight  

1x 75101 tie fighter

1x 75139 battle of takodana

1 X 75099 Rey's speeder

2 X 75100 first order snowspeeder

2 X 75104 kylo Ren's

How did you do today/yesterday? Plus did you go to any of the stores I listed above? 

Well from your scraps in Evanston I grabbed

2x micro ghosts

1 micro at-at

1 kylo ren constructible

1 destinys bounty

They showed me a IAC from the back when I asked them to look for poe's x-wings but I passed

Then on Webster ave

1 town square

1 master wu dragon

And 1 of these a709b4112b94d8a271b0db216b643e30.jpg

It still shows that they have it online, so im thinking its in the back. I was there Monday morning, asking for poe's x-wings and there was another older guy asking about that ghost. Unfortunately they found neither for us, but they did acknowledge there was so much in the back they couldn't look through it all. I'm thinking somebody in Evanston is gonna have a nice find at some point this week or next

16 minutes ago, Jeffrey_Dollars said:

It still shows that they have it online, so im thinking its in the back. I was there Monday morning, asking for poe's x-wings and there was another older guy asking about that ghost. Unfortunately they found neither for us, but they did acknowledge there was so much in the back they couldn't look through it all. I'm thinking somebody in Evanston is gonna have a nice find at some point this week or next

I'll have him check again tomorrow before they come down here.  I'll keep you guys updated if he finds anything.  My purchase power is pretty tapped so I'll be selective and won't be arm-sweeping...maybe.

And if you meant Tuesday morning, that was probably my dad.

Edited by Sfcommando14
  • Like 1

I took this round off, well my wallet did :) Just can't run around with 3 kids and a full time job. I mean I would love to get a couple of those ninjago sets to build for my big guy but besides that, I did enough damage at walmart earlier this summer. Glad you guys found some SW b/c as @Lordoflego said, only 1 of the 9 stores he hit had some. 

22 minutes ago, midbenne said:

I took this round off, well my wallet did :) Just can't run around with 3 kids and a full time job. I mean I would love to get a couple of those ninjago sets to build for my big guy but besides that, I did enough damage at walmart earlier this summer. Glad you guys found some SW b/c as @Lordoflego said, only 1 of the 9 stores he hit had some. 

I left some Ninjago about 45 minutes from me.  If there is anything in particular you are looking for shoot me a PM.  My parents are coming down for the weekend and can mule it up to Chicago for you.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sfcommando14 said:

I left some Ninjago about 45 minutes from me.  If there is anything in particular you are looking for shoot me a PM.  My parents are coming down for the weekend and can mule it up to Chicago for you.

I am sure there would be a funny joke about mule-ing and polybags but it's your parents, so let's just leave that be for a min. Instead, I will say thanks for offering, that's awesome. @Lordoflego and I do some of the same things. I think hunting in packs makes this all a little easier. I think he also told me he saw you at a WM but didn't realize it was you, only to find out the guy w/the stacked cart was in fact you :) Glad we can all get along and no turf wars have erupted. Much better to cooperate than to compete. I need a destiny's bounty but I am really just hoping LordofLego finds one b/c we already have to exchange a few things, but we'll see. I just want to get that for my big guy so we can build it. We got Misfortune's keep and it's kinda cool. I mean we love legos and ninjago so what's not to be cool? The rampant hate isn't much of an issue for me b/c these are builders (and again, we actually like the show too) :)

Edited by midbenne
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, midbenne said:

I am sure there would be a funny joke about mule-ing and polybags but it's your parents, so let's just leave that be for a min. Instead, I will say thanks for offering, that's awesome. @Lordoflego and I do some of the same things. I think hunting in packs makes this all a little easier. I think he also told me he saw you at a WM but didn't realize it was you, only to find out the guy w/the stacked cart was in fact you :) Glad we can all get along and no turf wars have erupted. Much better to cooperate than to compete. I need a destiny's bounty but I am really just hoping LordofLego finds one b/c we already have to exchange a few things, but we'll see. I just want to get that for my big guy so we can build it. We got Misfortune's keep and it's kinda cool. I mean we love legos and ninjago so what's not to be cool? The rampant hate isn't much of an issue for me b/c these are builders (and again, we actually like the show too) :)

Yeah, @lordoflego and I were in the same Walmart by my parents house at the same time.  And @brickelements and I have a similar cooperation deal down here in St Louis.  There are enough sales to keep both of us at our spending limit, so no need for competition.  I only managed 1x FFoDB for myself, but I'll keep an eye out if you two don't manage one.  The sets I remember seeing were RONIN Rex, Titanium Dragon, and Epic Dragon Battle (should have grabbed it but it was my first stop and I have a budget).  I can't promise any are still there or I make it out that way, but I'll keep you in the loop if I do and you're interested.

• Like 1