Favorite Theme

While I built many a star wars ship as a child long before the theme was released, I had entered my dark ages when they came out and now, simply due to the overwhelming quantity of sets, I sort of never bothered to start purchasing them. I guess I feel like I am not missing out on as much if I don't start getting them. Also, my wife is a very non-sw fan and I get a lot further with this hobby if I get stuff she likes too. As such, LOTR is my favorite theme, the movies are my all time favorites and I am thrilled beyond belief that they are actually making them. However, I must admit that SW is a much better fit for legos due to the lack of vehicles in LOTR, as it is mostly landscapes and MASSIVE structures that even large Legos just can't do justice. With SW, there are endless vehicles and spaceships to choose from to design, greatly improving the play-ability value of those sets.

• 4 weeks later...

This will be hard to answer for many of you including myself. I'm wondering what Lego theme do you guys/gals like best from a collectors/builders standpoint? I'm going to list most of the themes and if your favorite theme isn't listed in the poll, (Limited # of slots.) please comment your favorite below.

This will be hard to answer for many of you including myself. I'm wondering what Lego theme do you guys/gals like best from a collectors/builders standpoint? I'm going to list most of the themes and if your favorite theme isn't listed in the poll, (Limited # of slots.) please comment your favorite below.

I merged your poll with a thread that was started for the same thing earlier this month. I am trying to add more poll options as it used to be a 12 slot limit and now is 16.

• 2 weeks later...

It took a while for me to figure it out but I managed to fix the poll in the main thread. (It was broken for some reason.) Unfortunately, if you had voted before, you will need to vote again. Sorry, but the data was reset for the update to work. The good news is the entire list is filled with choices! (16 that is.) Now you can vote for Wild West, Creator, and some others. Check it out!

It took a while for me to figure it out but I managed to fix the poll in the main thread. (It was broken for some reason.) Unfortunately, if you had voted before, you will need to vote again. Sorry, but the data was reset for the update to work. The good news is the entire list is filled with choices! (16 that is.) Now you can vote for Wild West, Creator, and some others. Check it out!

Nice! Thanks man! I tried to change it from the original 12 I had to 16, but had some trouble.

I voted for Monster Fighters (hard to beat the Haunted House IMO) but would have voted for the Winter Village if it had been a choice. The Winter Village is the one area where I will buy the new set each year as soon as it comes out and not wait for a sale.

Agreed the Haunted House is on of the best Lego sets ever made in my opinion. The Winter Village sets are fantastic too. If I could add more than the 16 choice limit on the poll, the Winter Village theme would be another great choice to have there. It is one of the Lego best themes out there if you ask me.

Nice! Thanks man! I tried to change it from the original 12 I had to 16, but had some trouble.

No problem, buddy. I had no idea what was wrong with it. The poll was there to see but for some reason when I went to edit the main post, it came up with "Add a poll to the thread". Say what? How could it still be showing if there was nothing to edit?! I work with code all the time and this one did not make a bloody bit of sense at all.

Well anyway, I just ended up having to reset the whole thing and start from scratch by updating the original post with a 'blank' poll. I believe I consolidated every choice as best I could. Tried to stick with currently available themes.

No problem, buddy. I had no idea what was wrong with it. The poll was there to see but for some reason when I went to edit the main post, it came up with "Add a poll to the thread". Say what? How could it still be showing if there was nothing to edit?! I work with code all the time and this one did not make a bloody bit of sense at all.

Well anyway, I just ended up having to reset the whole thing and start from scratch by updating the original post with a 'blank' poll. I believe I consolidated every choice as best I could. Tried to stick with currently available themes.

Haha yeah I'm not sure what happened or if I did something wrong before when I merged my original thread about favorite themes with Darth Lego's favorite theme thread. Anyways it looks good and the votes will slowly come back in over the next couple months as this thread bounces around the forums. I'm sure we'll see Star Wars take the lead again as it did before lol.

Haha yeah I'm not sure what happened or if I did something wrong before when I merged my original thread about favorite themes with Darth Lego's favorite theme thread. Anyways it looks good and the votes will slowly come back in over the next couple months as this thread bounces around the forums. I'm sure we'll see Star Wars take the lead again as it did before lol.

I guess merging two different threads with their own poll is one of those big "no no's". Ha ha.

And from the looks of it, Star Wars will reign supreme yet again.

I guess the author of the poll didn't see them as popular sets so they were left out. :)That and no more room. The poll is stuffed at 16 and it can't go any higher.

I could replace the Architecture spot with:

Aquanauts/Aquasharks/Hydronauts/Stingrays/Divers/Aquaraiders/Atlantis or just simply title it as Aquazone.

How about that?