Favorite Theme

Face, we already have a Favorite Theme thread featuring a poll started by Rich B a while back so I merged your topic with that. I would hold off on poll threads until the new forum update is completed anyway seeing how the results will get lost in the data transfer and we would need to start the poll all over again.

Face, we already have a Favorite Theme thread featuring a poll started by Rich B a while back so I merged your topic with that. I would hold off on poll threads until the new forum update is completed anyway seeing how the results will get lost in the data transfer and we would need to start the poll all over again.

Ok, I won't be on for a while anyways .

Alright everyone, I have just added the long awaited and much detailed poll for the "Favorite Theme" thread. It asks what your favorite theme to collect/build is, favorite theme to invest with, and least favorite theme either way for whatever reason.

And Grolim, I know you started a separate thread for "Favorite theme to invest" so I merged that with this since now we can have both polls within the same thread.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Love collecting, building City, always have always will. Investing is close, I have tried to be diverse in my purchases, but for the poll I went with LotR, I just can't stop buying them, love them. Least fav. Bionicle, but in it's defense the ToO Ent is awesome and would not be possible without the Bionicle pieces. So thank you Bionicle. :flowers:

Can't remember if I answered this thread before, but ehh. Too lazy to go back and read every page.

I voted Castle mostly for the nostalgia factor. It was my favorite as a kid and with the LOTR being lumped in with it on the poll it was an easy decision to pick it again. Setting Lego minifigures up along a castle wall and then aiming and trying to pick them off one by one with a lego catapult....just never gets old. 

For build, Technic . It is Technic which got me into Lego in 2010 since I am a sucker for gears and anything mechanical. Moving along, I discovered that starwars and modulars were so popular and shocked to find that these can increase in value especially after eol, so I am sucker for investing now. But, Technic will be forever in my heart and knowing that Technic got a little love from fans is actually making me happier because underdogs always perform well in secondary market although may not be as good as top performers such as StarWars ,Modulars, Lotr. Cheers

• 1 month later...

I love building houses (apple tree house, seaside house, etc) and buildings (modulars). My kids love Hero Factory and enjoy making their own Hero and Villains to play with. They also love minifigures. But we only buy the few they like in each series. Guess we are the odd ones. My kids have not discovered Star Wars yet!

For invest, I have to go with the answer whatever sets/theme that will make money. But I tend to limit to 2 of each set. Small time investor. Also in case, when my kids are older and into other theme, we will have them already :-)

As a favorite theme to collect/build I voted for town/city/trains but that is solely based on the modulars. Favorite investment little harder to say because I spread my investments between themes. But chose pirates because I've got a few of them ships that are doing quite nicely. Unfortunately sets like whitecap bay, london escape and the mill not so much but I like the sets enough to keep and build them if I can't sell them with a profit.

• 5 months later...