Favorite Theme

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I like the Castle theme and City ofcourse...I really would like they make a sort of city/modular theme...more realistic focussed on adults. Like the modular buildings they make now but more expanded and more side builds (not only buildings).

The only series I realy don't like are the Mixels...pls fire the designer of mixels...he is doing LSD in the toilets, I'm sure of it! ??

Edited by Grizzly82

• 1 year later...

As an '80s kid, I enjoyed some of the great now-classic sets. I still love Castle (especially the Forestmen) and Pirates the most and wish Lego would bring those back in a big way.

I heard on another site that one reason they might not have done as much with Pirates lately is that they'd rather co-brand it with a movie line like Pirates of the Caribbean, and I'd imagine something similar may be the case with Castle, which perhaps they'd want to brand with Lord of the Rings. And since those two franchises are not active, perhaps that dampens Lego's desire to produce new sets in those lines.

I've never had a LotR or PotC set, but I loved the classic Castle and Pirates sets from the mid to late '80s. If Lego brought those back, I'd have to find a way to collect them all!

Aside from funds, the biggest challenge would probably be space... while I'm new to getting back into Lego, I'd imagine that's a common problem, yes?

On 3/7/2013 at 1:00 AM, dunkers97 said:

I stay true and loyal to Star Wars, as they say in common ceremonies "Until death do us part!"

I feel the same except, I feel Disney has killed Star Wars.  So I'd have to say OT and "some" Clone Wars SW only.  Mostly ships, especially UCS.

I've also been into Speed Champions since their inception.  Just wish I bought more of the year one sets.

NOTE: when I was a kid, it was original Space theme that had me hooked.  Those sets are still at my mom's place.  She has strict orders to never ever ever get rid of them.

Edited by exracer327

Guest TabbyBoy
14 hours ago, exracer327 said:

I feel the same except, I feel Disney has killed Star Wars.  So I'd have to say OT and "some" Clone Wars SW only.  Mostly ships, especially UCS.

I've also been into Speed Champions since their inception.  Just wish I bought more of the year one sets.

NOTE: when I was a kid, it was original Space theme that had me hooked.  Those sets are still at my mom's place.  She has strict orders to never ever ever get rid of them.

Disney has made me HATE Star Wars.. PERIOD !!!

Not only are all the new movies utter trash, the sets are even worse and the value for money is appalling, even at 50% off. The current merchandising just stinks of desperation.

As for favourite themes... mine currently are; Architecture (NOT skylines!), Technic, Ships, Trains, Speed Champions and Creator Expert Vehicles. I like some of the CITY sets too, but deeper discounts are needed.

Edited by TabbyBoy