75902 - The Mystery Machine

TheOrcKing

I've come to the conclusion Lego can't meet demand.  Too many people on this globe can gobble up thousands of sets in an instance.

This is making me really reconsider the entire "episode 7 sets are going to be flooded all over the planet" mantra.  Maybe they'll attempt that, but fall very short.  It could very much happen.  Seems this is the case with most everything they put out now.  They would have to attempt to produce 100's of thousands of copies to flood demand in a world of 7 billion, and maybe they just can't do that sort of capacity.

• Like 2

I don't think so. Each market is different. We have yet to see if this line will be successful, and I'm sure Lego is thinking the same thing. As for Star Wars- they will be producing a lot more of those sets and could flood the market. I wouldn't put star wars and scooby do in the same category.

I got 4 of these at K-Mart online. Finally something to spend points on. A good bet is 2 x MM per order. Nab a $5/off $50 or $10/back in points coupon at shop your way. Use $9.98 in points if you got em, to sit right at $50. Raise has 8% cards. Made my buy-in at $23 each. I opted for $10 back in points, and plan to parlay this over and over.

• Like 1

I got 4 of these at K-Mart online. Finally something to spend points on. A good bet is 2 x MM per order. Nab a $5/off $50 or $10/back in points coupon at shop your way. Use $9.98 in points if you got em, to sit right at $50. Raise has 8% cards. Made my buy-in at $23 each. I opted for $10 back in points, and plan to parlay this over and over.

Great find and thanks for the heads up!  I just dug up some Kmart coupon codes in my e-mail that worked on this set.  Hopefully they ship them in a box not a bag.

Edited by zskid00

You can also get 3 and use the $10 off $75, stack the $10 back in point on $50 purchase and use some surprise or banked points.

You can also get 3 and use the $10 off $75, stack the $10 back in point on $50 purchase and use some surprise or banked points.

I know it's "worth it" on a per set basis from my own clearance sales to other resellers but you coupon / deal stackers are truly special. I can't do it. God bless you all especially the KMart and TRU-TH buyers. Everyone I try it, it turns into one huge hassle with my cashiers.
  • Like 1

I know it's "worth it" on a per set basis from my own clearance sales to other resellers but you coupon / deal stackers are truly special. I can't do it. God bless you all especially the KMart and TRU-TH buyers. Everyone I try it, it turns into one huge hassle with my cashiers.

The beauty of shop your way, is that it's all online. No bugging cashiers. That is the draw for me at least.

This is exactly what I did, ordered 2 and redeemed $10 in surprise points along with a $5 of $50 coupon and $10 back in points.  Didn't have any gift cards though.  Total for the two came to $48 and some change with free shipping. Great buy in for a brand new set that was just released yesterday.

Like the above brickpicker, I pray Kmart ships them in a box, not a polybag mailer like they are known to do.