75902 - The Mystery Machine

TheOrcKing

hopefully that's allowed. i know my employer would can people for it especially since we began the cost cutting like 10 years ago...

pretty cool perk though

I think you have me confused with someone else but I don't have corporate shipping. I ship with Amazon FBA . Average shipping is .50 on small items. I can ship a 18x24x24 box weighing 50lbs for $8.00. I get same deal everyone in Amazon FBA does. Small sets like MM and RE and Hulkbuster are great because I can fit 15-20 in a box. And MM has nose dived like expected. The window is small and is now over till maybe halloween depending how many were produced. 

I ordered 6 sets total of Mystery Machine from Kmart, 3 orders of 2 each to maximize savings from surprise points/gift cards.  I received the first 2 orders with 2 Mystery Machines in each last week.  They were actually shipped in a box so they arrived in mint condition.  The last 2 sets just arrived, shipped by UPS in a polybag.  Of course they were both beat up.  One was semi-decent but since one was really kicked in and needs to be returned I will just return both and swap out for mint sets in the store.

It baffles me why big corporations ship stuff like this in a polybag.  I can't fathom the amount of money that is wasted on items that have to be returned due to damage.

• Like 1

I ordered 6 sets total of Mystery Machine from Kmart, 3 orders of 2 each to maximize savings from surprise points/gift cards.  I received the first 2 orders with 2 Mystery Machines in each last week.  They were actually shipped in a box so they arrived in mint condition.  The last 2 sets just arrived, shipped by UPS in a polybag.  Of course they were both beat up.  One was semi-decent but since one was really kicked in and needs to be returned I will just return both and swap out for mint sets in the store.

It baffles me why big corporations ship stuff like this in a polybag.  I can't fathom the amount of money that is wasted on items that have to be returned due to damage.

Yup Target sent a bunch in those bags. Such a waste.

• 2 weeks later...

i assume the key question is if this latest shipment one of the few remaining before the holiday seasons (halloween and then xmas / hanukkah)...

I observed the same. I really don't think it will take long for them to sell through this shipment.

I could have purchased over 100 Mystery Machines over the last couple days if I wanted to.  These things are stocked to the brim at most walmarts and targets.  I'm starting to think this one will be around in heavy doses for christmas....

Stopped by TRU yesterday.  Scooby boat has arrived in force...10+ mansions on floor and 46 MMs...didn't count the others but there were plenty.

I could have purchased over 100 Mystery Machines over the last couple days if I wanted to.  These things are stocked to the brim at most walmarts and targets.  I'm starting to think this one will be around in heavy doses for christmas....

Unlike the limited JW restocking which dried up immediately, these are out in droves.  September-Halloween will be crunch time for this set.  Couldn't ask for better timing though with Halloween and series 14 minifigures released.  

In QFLL (Quick Flipper Low Life) paradise, the sets on the shelf now are the last production to see store shelves in 2015 because of Force awakens  consuming most production resources and limited restocking in January codes of 50R5 to allow for clearance in Feb.  Post EOL this will do well though statistically that is very likely a long way off.  

Keep thinking positive.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

Unlike the limited JW restocking which dried up immediately, these are out in droves.  September-Halloween will be crunch time for this set.  Couldn't ask for better timing though with Halloween and series 14 minifigures released.  

In QFLL (Quick Flipper Low Life) paradise, the sets on the shelf now are the last production to see store shelves in 2015 because of Force awakens  consuming most production resources and limited restocking in January codes of 50R5 to allow for clearance in Feb.  Post EOL this will do well though statistically that is very likely a long way off.  

Keep thinking positive.

I have definitely thought that, since lego's original ad, said "out in septmeber" and we are two days from that month.  I'm guessing we will see some heavy stock levels from now into October, but could diminish quite a bit after that.  But i'm hesitant to diving deep, because it's one of those things where if I tie up a thousands into scooby sets, that's fewer exclusives I can land right now (there's some hot irons out there right now), and fewer money that I have budgeted for Force Awakens.  If I saw these at a much more scattered stock level than they are currently, i'd be grabbing more.  I did grab 4 mystery machines so far, and 1 of each of the others but that's it.  Although, the question is which one of these could be sacrificed early?  That's really the true nature of the game.  My guess would be either the plane or lighthouse...  So, if anything it maybe good to just have a few just in case.  Just seems a bit odd they have so many sets with repeat characters.  Something seems like it's going to be a limited run, while the Mystery Machine, Mansion and perhaps the Mummy Museum will be around for a much longer haul. 

Edited by fossilrock

• 3 weeks later...

Just saw some of the TV ads for the new Scooby Doo series (coming to TV in early October)... they look different! And I'm old... so I don't like change.  Just kidding... they probably needed the update. Anyway, the ads sparked me to do a little research on the series.  I read that, with the new series, Fred installs some updated equipment in the Mystery Machine.  I can't say that will significantly boost interest in this set... but it couldn't hurt!

Edited by Kenxxx

• 3 weeks later...

Did anyone snag the Mystery Machine micro-build from Barnes and Noble last week.  Does anyone have instructions?

I thought the BN build was micro-MF ??  Were there 2 different build events?

exciter, are you thinking of the micro-build Mystery Machine for the LEGO Scooby-Doo mall tour?  I think I've got copies of the instructions saved on Reddit.  If so, I'll post them.  I know I have a parts list, because I'm ordering parts right now.  The sucky part is that the "Mystery Machine" is on a sticker, not a printed piece.  So, yeah.  Good luck getting that.

As far as I know the B&N build was the mini mini mini MF.  I do have instructions for that.

This is what I read on Rebelscum.

Took my son to the Falcon micro build at Barnes and Noble today. They didn't have a huge turnout, so he got to built two sets to take home. I didn't realize that the Lego Scooby Doo event was today as well, so we got a pair of the micro Mystery Machines too.