75902 - The Mystery Machine

TheOrcKing

This is what I read on Rebelscum.

Took my son to the Falcon micro build at Barnes and Noble today. They didn't have a huge turnout, so he got to built two sets to take home. I didn't realize that the Lego Scooby Doo event was today as well, so we got a pair of the micro Mystery Machines too.

I just looked up the Scooby Doo Mystery Tour dates, and there was a tour date on Saturday at Stonebriar Mall in Frisco, TX.  I wonder if that person was there?  I'm guessing they also do the tour stop (which is separate from B&N).

• Like 1

I just looked up the Scooby Doo Mystery Tour dates, and there was a tour date on Saturday at Stonebriar Mall in Frisco, TX.  I wonder if that person was there?  I'm guessing they also do the tour stop (which is separate from B&N).

Possible, I had no idea what that Mystery Tour was.  You may have mentioned it, but it didn't click with me.

• 5 weeks later...

There do seem to be a surplus of these... but that could dry up in the coming weeks... it really hard to say.  (BTW... we all make the occasional return of an unwanted purchase, but openly discussing buying on speculation, and then returning "the losers" is generally frowned upon in this forum... not my idea... just then traditional policy here).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Legbrick said:

I have a few of these and the other SD sets. But I see them easily found on store shelves every time I am there.

Is this a bad sign for these sets? Not much interest?  I can still return mine if they are flops!

Any thoughts?

I think it is still too early to tell what the long term growth of these sets will be. Calling something a flop because it's on the shelves a few months after release is, imo, premature. That's the thing about LEGO, they strive to have their products available for the life of those products. Now, if you instead mean a quick flipping potential, you'll probably have to wait until much closer to Christmas when demand outstrips supply of the most popular items. It's a game of chicken where you have to wonder if that receipt will still be good or if the shelves will clear of that particular item. Investment is about time, quick flipping is abut timing. The time for either one of those methods to determine if these sets are flops or not has not yet arrived.

I would have bought 2 mystery machines at B&N yesterday if they had 2. but since there was only 1, and I couldn't find another set for the same price that I thought was good, I left the one I found. they had bogoho.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/20/2015 at 10:19 PM, steelmelt said:

They are full on the shelves at my local stores too.  But I think this could end up like the Delorean down the road.

I highly doubt this.On my Emirates flight to Thailand, they had the BTTF trilogy showing under "best contemporary classics" with movies such as the newer Batman Trilogy and Pretty Woman. Soon to have Star wars. This to me was very telling in which themes have global popularity. 

That being said I think this set will do fine assuming it has a 1 year life span and you are able to snag them at a low buy in (15-20). I have been using kmarts silly rewards system to get these super cheap. I look at this a quick hold to dump at Christmas for some small easy profits.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So just wondering everyone's thoughts on the Scooby Doo  Mystery Machine... Will it be an easy safe flip this holiday season?? I have noticed EVERYONE liquidating them. So am I correct in assuming they are finished soon? If this has been discussed I apologize.. I am a newbie to this website and haven't  mastered its navigation..thanx for any insight in advance..

Edited by Martae54

4 hours ago, Martae54 said:

So just wondering everyone's thoughts on the Scooby Doo  Mystery Machine... Will it be an easy safe flip this holiday season?? I have noticed EVERYONE liquidating them. So am I correct in assuming they are finished soon? If this has been discussed I apologize.. I am a newbie to this website and haven't  mastered its navigation..thanx for any insight in advance..

Hi @Martae54, I moved your post here.  Please review this topic to answer your questions.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

IMO it's a keeper for when the announced movie is hitting the theatres in 2018. Off course lots will depend on how its going to be appreciated but should make some new fans among the younger public that doesn't know the original series any more. The LEGO Scooby theme will most likely be gone by then. Could off course be a lot of crap I'm telling. :derisive:

On 22-3-2016 at 8:24 PM, SlashMcGee said:

IMO it's a keeper for when the announced movie is hitting the theatres in 2018. Off course lots will depend on how its going to be appreciated but should make some new fans among the younger public that doesn't know the original series any more. The LEGO Scooby theme will most likely be gone by then. Could off course be a lot of crap I'm telling. :derisive:

Could be yup, I bought the mystery machine & lighthouse, only one of each. 

They might relaunch a new line when the movie comes out, like they'll do with ghostbusters. 

• Like 1