75902 - The Mystery Machine

TheOrcKing

On 20/11/2016 at 8:10 PM, ponderingzissou said:

As fan of Scooby this has been one my favorite themes. Sad to see it being retired (and not getting new additional sets). I didn't expect to see it end before Christmas. I had planned to buy a few Mystery Machine sets to resell in the future but almost waited too late. I was able to find 4 online at a local Walmart (order online and pick up in store) at $22.50. I agree with others that the stickers are a pain but its the iconic Mystery Machine and its the only set to include Fred. The Haunted House/Mansion is the only one to include all of the gang (except for Fred). Good luck everyone. Its one of my favorite LEGO vehicles to date. 

And that's exactly why I bought multiple Mystery Machine and multiple Mystery Mansion sets. Combined you've got the whole gang, plus the iconic Van and a nice matching haunted house. :) 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, LeiaOrgana said:

Now that it's officially retired, would you still pick this one up for rrp if you found it at a retailer?

You'd be competing with folks who bought these at $15-20. Kmart had an endless supply of these for over a year at that price. I'd imagine that a few resellers have a several hundred of these so you'll see multiple hurdles at several price points. There's also a new scooby movie coming out next year so we'll probably see another van at that time.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, pete411 said:

You'd be competing with folks who bought these at $15-20. Kmart had an endless supply of these for over a year at that price. I'd imagine that a few resellers have a several hundred of these so you'll see multiple hurdles at several price points. There's also a new scooby movie coming out next year so we'll probably see another van at that time.

There is always another Scooby movie, some are just direct to video or made for TV. I'm not convinced we'll see more Scooby Lego. As always, I am happy to be wrong. 

• Like 4

Guest TabbyBoy
On 11/01/2017 at 5:17 PM, yannick29 said:

Here in Europe, it is already double Retail price.

This line is great for reselling !

Quick before it tanks again!

Guest TabbyBoy
19 minutes ago, Mhd747 said:

Where is it selling for double in Europe?

In UK eBay it is selling for £45-47 (RRP £30)

So after fees/box/bubble-wrap/postage it's selling for... erm... RRP? At least most of us got it dirt cheap so there's £15 profit in it for me so far ;-)

3 minutes ago, Manse1001 said:

That's double what I paid for it!!! emoji16.pngemoji16.png

2 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

So after fees/box/bubble-wrap/postage it's selling for... erm... RRP? At least most of us got it dirt cheap so there's £15 profit in it for me so far ;-)

If we're going down that route... I once got a sandwich from tesco on boxing day for 1pence as it was expiring that day (RRP £1.49)

Guest TabbyBoy
39 minutes ago, Forsaker said:

Most people seem to charge postage fees in extra (I guess bubble-wrap and box are included in those extras as shipment fees seem to be high in most)...so not included in selling price generally, no?

I only ever charge actual postage costs as some buyers only complain if its higher. These is because a lot think that boxes, bubble-wrap & tape grow on trees. Let alone the 5-10min to pack and label each set. If you set postage too high, you'll get dinged. If you incorporate postage in the sale price, then you can't deduct it when handling a non-faulty return.

For example... Packing & Posting a Mystery Machine costs me £4.89 2nd Class Signed For (ALWAYS get a signature!) but, I only charge £3.99. I did try £4.99 at first but got dinged on P&P charges. A lot of buyers are tight and stupid, remember that ;-)

Of course, greedy eBay get another 40p FVF on postage! Grrr!!!

Edited by TabbyBoy

• 5 weeks later...
Guest TabbyBoy
3 hours ago, BarryZola said:

They ain't even worth selling in the UK for a good while. The price has slipped back a couple of quid in the last week if anything. Still a small profit if you want it, but not much.

This is typical of the selling window being missed. I've noticed that missed windows never seem to reopen.

2 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

This is typical of the selling window being missed. I've noticed that missed windows never seem to reopen.

It´s called xmas and it reopens every November! This type of set and price point should have strong sales going forward and won´t be as likely to plateau as SOH or EV.

• Like 3