75904 - Mystery Mansion

TheOrcKing

Finally to round up this first wave of sets, here at the price of $89.99 includes 860 pieces and a whopping seven minifigures between exclusive Velma followed by Daphne, Shaggy, Scooby, and three crooked criminals to catch with the Black Knight aka Mr. Wickles from the very first memorable episode that started it all "What a Night for a Knight", the Ghost aka Bluestone the Great from the first season's third episode "Hassle in the Castle", and then the Vampire aka "Big Bob" Oakley from season one's eleventh episode "A Gaggle of Galloping Ghosts". The mansion itself is a mix of different locales one of which could be the haunted mansion in the opening credits for the original show and a greenhouse section I can recall from an episode yet cannot remember the title of it for the life of me (and so far Google isn't helping any).

Anyway although the manor is not specific to any one case from the series, the overall appearance and inclusion of so many main characters plus classic crooks all from the original first season make this the other 'must buy' along with The Mystery Machine I think.

b7060_19719737555_5518b484d5_b.jpg
8132d_19098826783_7bfddb5b23_b.jpg
92a10_19712558642_9ac589458e_b.jpg
7abda_19098833513_4b221fff2f_b.jpg

• Like 2

Remember when some people thought this set would somehow devalue the Haunted House? Granted I think that was before it was revealed, but still...

Haunted House is safe and maybe even goes up in value faster due to demand from the few AFOL who get pulled back in by scooby.

Not so rosy for the Vampyre Castle though IMO - short term , long term any term ... 

I wouldn't have bought so many goshdarn VC.  have a nice day.

Edited by cladner

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Mijnlamp0310 said:

Hello guys,

I agree this is a really nice set, but sales are not up to par for the whole Scooby Doo line I believe... Any chance they would retire this line still this year you believe?

None of us really know how well any Lego them is selling let alone a specific set. Some folks here guess this theme was originally a 1 yr and done license.   Judging my the sets some of us see consistently available, we can assume it's no longer in demand as before.  However, the supply could still be smaller than other themes and perform well after retirement.

i would this set is def #2 in popularity due to Velma and the monsters.

1 hour ago, Mijnlamp0310 said:

Hello guys,

I agree this is a really nice set, but sales are not up to par for the whole Scooby Doo line I believe... Any chance they would retire this line still this year you believe?

I have this on my radar for sure. Ceiling is probably as high as Vampyre Castle. I'd say there is a pretty decent chance this theme is like Castle and Pirates. Shops have a lot of them around me - if it moves to clearance in the spring I won't hesitate to go big - have it as #4 on my target list...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...