75904 - Mystery Mansion

TheOrcKing

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, Padolski said:

Why is no one interested in this set?

Aesthetically it looks great, not too expensive when compared to say bat cave.

i have two of these and ready to sell as a bundle with mystery machine. 

Plenty are interested in this set. They've performed really well for me as have Mystery Machines and even Mystery Planes. All bought in Tesco 3 for 2 offers. Averaging 3x buy in.

23 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

Down to 15 BIN listings on EBay UK although someone has decided to drop one at under £100 when they are easily fetching £140 and disappearing in days.

I just don't understand that, although it will be their lost.

I bought my first one for SGD$110 2 months ago and this weekend picking one up for SGD$100. That's 56 pounds only... the local market here prices are low cos bogus bricks is more rampant. 

So I'll post up for 100 pound equivalent and see if they sell on eBay 

I bought my first one for SGD$110 2 months ago and this weekend picking one up for SGD$100. That's 56 pounds only... the local market here prices are low cos bogus bricks is more rampant. 
So I'll post up for 100 pound equivalent and see if they sell on eBay 

I'm interested! That makes one, who's with me?
70961db0fe250875c2ab0ceff8bdd0d6.jpg
  • Like 1

Admittedly I only got 3 of these sealed because I kept parting them out last year expecting at least a two year run. 

It does look like due to the unexpected EOL that the initial prices for the entire line over shot somewhat during the first 3 months of this year. It will be interesting how they do over this Christmas, New Year period. 

• 3 months later...
45 minutes ago, Padolski said:

I've been selling the Mystery Mansion as per below:

Bundle 1: 75904, 75903 & 75902

and

Bundle 2: 75900 to 75904 (all SD line)

Do you think it is better to sell seperately or continue to sell as per above? Appreciate the thoughts :)

How much are you getting for the bundles and which selling platform?

• Thanks 1

Hi Val-E,

Selling on eBay:

Bundle 1 - I've sold about 4 now between a range of $280 - $300 AUD ( 215-230 USD)

Bundle 2 - I've sold one so far for $370 AUD (285 USD) most recently. 

Im worried that the smaller mystery plane and museum won't sell well unless they are bundled?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Padolski said:

Hi Val-E,

Selling on eBay:

Bundle 1 - I've sold about 4 now between a range of $280 - $300 AUD ( 215-230 USD)

Im worried that the smaller mystery plane and museum won't sell well unless they are bundled?

Thanks

The mystery plane is flying in the UK. EBay sales are generally £37.50 unless some numpty lists cheap.  When I list one it's usually gone within a few days.  Not bad for a set with an average £9 buy in

1 hour ago, Padolski said:

Hi Val-E,

Selling on eBay:

Thanks

I´d say keep the Mystery Machine separate as you may get more for it alone and down the line. Prices for the others have probably topped out so might as well sell thim together. Any buyer also wantig a MM can be offered a "very special price".

19 hours ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

The mystery plane is flying in the UK. EBay sales are generally £37.50 unless some numpty lists cheap.  When I list one it's usually gone within a few days.  Not bad for a set with an average £9 buy in

Come on guys, raise the prices a bit. ? These were £20 RRP so minimum sale price should be £40.  I think I've deliberately priced myself out as i'm too lazy to sell these yet.  Got other bigger fish to dispense of first like the Fallen Kingdom sets

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
6 hours ago, MoHu said:

Come on guys, raise the prices a bit. 1f642.png These were £20 RRP so minimum sale price should be £40.  I think I've deliberately priced myself out as i'm too lazy to sell these yet.  Got other bigger fish to dispense of first like the Fallen Kingdom sets

The problem is that various branches of Asda had this set for £5 and therefore a lot of sellers can sell for just over RRP and still make good money. It's called competion I'm afriad and this phenomenon will not go away. Personally, I managed to get most of my Mystery Planes for around £8 and my Mystery Machines for around £12 and I flipped dozens for RRP within days of EOL.

We could also complain about the 21309 Saturn V rockets being sold too cheap when LEGO and JL were OOS (like right now), but stupid sellers are happy with £10 profit when £50 should be easy if they set their prices higher.

Yes, it's a race to the bottom like most resold items these days.

BTW... How did you manage to get hold of the Fallen Kingdon sets so early or is this foresight?

5 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

BTW... How did you manage to get hold of the Fallen Kingdon sets so early or is this foresight?

Just my weird sense of humour....its the Jurassic World sets that will be rehashed to Fallen Kingdom.  Really wanted to hold onto these for another year to stick to my two year cycle.

I'm only joking regarding ppl should raise prices.  Everyone has different circumstances and sell according their own needs.  My prices are higher than most on the SD range as not really got the time to sell these.  Want to clear other stuff like LotR / Hobbit / Harry Potter / previous Disney Cars / 4 digit SW sets / 4 digit Friends / Elves + alot of non-lego toys. 

If i had your ability to flip like that i'd do it but I cant (or too lazy or afraid to try) hence why we have a different selling strategy.

Guest TabbyBoy
27 minutes ago, MoHu said:

Just my weird sense of humour....its the Jurassic World sets that will be rehashed to Fallen Kingdom.  Really wanted to hold onto these for another year to stick to my two year cycle.

I'm only joking regarding ppl should raise prices.  Everyone has different circumstances and sell according their own needs.  My prices are higher than most on the SD range as not really got the time to sell these.  Want to clear other stuff like LotR / Hobbit / Harry Potter / previous Disney Cars / 4 digit SW sets / 4 digit Friends / Elves + alot of non-lego toys. 

If i had your ability to flip like that i'd do it but I cant (or too lazy or afraid to try) hence why we have a different selling strategy.

Raised prices are good for all sellers, but competition will soon undercut - that's the nature of a healthy marketplace. Just as well that we have different strategies and local markets since we do compete, right? ;-)

15 hours ago, MoHu said:

Come on guys, raise the prices a bit. 1f642.png These were £20 RRP so minimum sale price should be £40.  I think I've deliberately priced myself out as i'm too lazy to sell these yet.  Got other bigger fish to dispense of first like the Fallen Kingdom sets

I tried. Had my last one near at £40 but too many people below.

My usual pricing rule is 2nd cheapest bin with fast & free delivery. If an item sells within a few days of listing I raise price for next one.