Grand Rapids, MI Area Deals

Legodog

Hey LDog,

I don't know if I'd make it as far as GR, but I might for the right deal! I'm just across from Detroit...nothing in the Troy/Royal Oak area (that I didn't buy).

I might make another run this weekend.

Nothing much over here either. At least nothing to make the trip for. I will let you know if I find anything though.

The Troy Lego Store has The Winter Village Cottage set 10229 for $69.99 limit of three, I bought two. There were four left on the shelf and more in the back. The manager told me that they got them from a Lego store in the south where the series doesn't sell very well. Great deal if you like this series...hmm maybe even if you don't, the price per brick is cheap with 1490 bricks.

The Troy Lego Store has The Winter Village Cottage set 10229 for $69.99 limit of three, I bought two. There were four left on the shelf and more in the back. The manager told me that they got them from a Lego store in the south where the series doesn't sell very well. Great deal if you like this series...hmm maybe even if you don't, the price per brick is cheap with 1490 bricks.

Thanks for posting. My sister in law lives 15 minutes from there. I am having her pick up a couple.

The Grand Rapids topic sure caught my attention! I live in Sparta and work downtown GR. Legodog, it's funny that you mention the Series 9 minifigures being in Meijer....my wife bought me 2 for Valentine's day (ok, so she gave them to me a few days early...). I will definitely post on here if I find any good deals around GR...I am keeping my eye out for deals everytime I go shopping!

Wow. I love this site. You guys are getting great deals. In my area nothing is on sale and selection is poor. I have the Toy Shop, Post Office, Winter Cottage and Bakery. They were displayed on my mantle for Christmas. They bring back good Christmas memories. Get what you can, cause it will be worth it!!

The Grand Rapids topic sure caught my attention! I live in Sparta and work downtown GR. Legodog, it's funny that you mention the Series 9 minifigures being in Meijer....my wife bought me 2 for Valentine's day (ok, so she gave them to me a few days early...).

I will definitely post on here if I find any good deals around GR...I am keeping my eye out for deals everytime I go shopping!

I live in Rockford so we are right around the corner from each other.

• 2 weeks later...

Meijer mPerks coupon valid 2/16 through 2/18: save 20% on one general merchandise item priced $14.97 or more.

I'm on my way to find a Vampyre Castle so I can use my 20% off. Since I haven't seen them at many Meijer stores I might need a backup. Just not sure what else to use it on. What is everyone else using their 20% off on?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was in Meijer yesterday and Monter Fighters sets were still on sale. Also the City Mine was marked down to $89. Even though I had a 15% off mperks coupon I skipped getting anything because I have a strong feeling that this is all going to go to clearance within the next couple weeks. They didn't have any Lone Ranger sets yet but there wasn't much room for them on the shelves. Something has to go to make room for them when they finally put them out (which should be any day now). My guess is it will be the stuff they have already been trying to sell by putting it on sale (Monster Fighters and the City Mine). The only unfortunate thing is that Meijer usually starts their clearance at 25% which isn't much of a discount where you have to add back in sales tax. My hope is that the clearance timing overlaps another mperks coupon.