Lego Ideas / Cusso sets in Australian retailer

Ted

Hi everyone, I just have a question which I hope fellow aussies might be able to provide some insight. Whenever there is a new Ideas set that come out on LEGO Shop at Home, does it always appear on the shelves of Australia retailers such as Myer, DJ, TRU and toyworld etc a few months later? Reason I am asking is that I don't like the price of the new BBT set on LEGO Shop at Home but yet not sure whether it will appear in shops here. I don't remember seeing the Birds Ideas set in store, and of course the RI is very much short live in existence. Ecto 1 is still around and so on. We all know what happened to Exo suits mania. Even if it come in, the BBT set might not last long enough for a retailer to have a toy sale for some discounts advantage. So what everyone's opinion on this?

From my recollection Research Institute, Exo-Suit, and Birds never got a retail store release in Australia. Ecto is in a few stores here but you have to be really lucky to find this one available when a sale hits, so I don't think you can guarantee that you'll be able to get TBBT at a discount even if it hits stores in Australia.

Of course this all has a flow on effect to the secondary market, as limited supply in Australia will generally keep demand (and prices) on the secondary market high.

Hi everyone, I just have a question which I hope fellow aussies might be able to provide some insight. Whenever there is a new Ideas set that come out on LEGO Shop at Home, does it always appear on the shelves of Australia retailers such as Myer, DJ, TRU and toyworld etc a few months later? Reason I am asking is that I don't like the price of the new BBT set on LEGO Shop at Home but yet not sure whether it will appear in shops here. I don't remember seeing the Birds Ideas set in store, and of course the RI is very much short live in existence. Ecto 1 is still around and so on. We all know what happened to Exo suits mania. Even if it come in, the BBT set might not last long enough for a retailer to have a toy sale for some discounts advantage. So what everyone's opinion on this?

You have to remember that LEGO itself, is a retailer and since we don't have access to a B&M store, they probably want to keep some prestige sets exclusive to them, driving up site traffic forcing people to buy other sets direct to reach the magic $200

That is what it is doing to me, i will probably buy other sets to reach the magical $200 for free shipping. Darn, it doesn't help that on LEGO Shop at Home the limit is 1 for this set, i would love to get my hands on 2 or 3. One for build, one for keep or sell and one for my daughter.

Seems like i either bite the bullet or risk it by siting here and waiting to appear in the shops. Even if it appear in the shops, like Jules_K mentioned, i am not going to wait till there is a discount before grabbing it.

Guest brickcrazyhouse

More and more we are seeing sets that just don't make it onto our shelves forcing us to pay higher prices.
Recent ones include:
Tower of Orthanc
Ant-Man set
Xmen v Sentinel
Birds
Exo Suit
Research Institiute

How many exo suits would you like?

More and more we are seeing sets that just don't make it onto our shelves forcing us to pay higher prices.
Recent ones include:
Tower of Orthanc
Ant-Man set
Xmen v Sentinel
Birds
Exo Suit
Research Institiute

Frankly speaking i seen a few of those sets in the retail shops except for TOO. But there are very short lived, often disappearing by the next few days. And more oftem then not, there are no store discounts when it appears on the shelves, so paying full RRP for them.

Frankly speaking i seen a few of those sets in the retail shops except for TOO. But there are very short lived, often disappearing by the next few days. And more oftem then not, there are no store discounts when it appears on the shelves, so paying full RRP for them.

Darkness is correct, the only ones to be released here at retail was Xmen vs. Sentinel, which I seen for probably about 3 weeks.

Which ones?
Stores like shopforme buy them from other stores internationally or LEGO Shop at Home to resell as Lego didn't release them to Australian retailers. 

I have saw Exo Suit and Research institute on the shelves at TRU, i also seen Exo Suit at Myer. Xmen vs Sentinel i think should be Big W.

But like i mention before all very short lived and i only catch a glimpse or manage to buy 1 or 2 (not a big spender here) if possible and then Poof!! gone with the wind.

Birds and TOO i have not seen them on shelves and Ant-Man.....did not pay attention to it so don't know.

I am talking about retailer with a physical brick and mortar shopfront in Australia such as Myer, DJ, TRU, Big W, Kmart, Target and Toyworld, didn't purchase yet from shopforme.

Does that mean shopforme will have some rare ones? hmmmm.....:cool:

I have saw Exo Suit and Research institute on the shelves at TRU, i also seen Exo Suit at Myer. Xmen vs Sentinel i think should be Big W.

But like i mention before all very short lived and i only catch a glimpse or manage to buy 1 or 2 (not a big spender here) if possible and then Poof!! gone with the wind.

Birds and TOO i have not seen them on shelves and Ant-Man.....did not pay attention to it so don't know.

I am talking about retailer with a physical brick and mortar shopfront in Australia such as Myer, DJ, TRU, Big W, Kmart, Target and Toyworld, didn't purchase yet from shopforme.

Does that mean shopforme will have some rare ones? hmmmm.....:cool:

Maybe you had seen something else, as neither of those sets have ever seen a retail release TRU or otherwise in Oz. LEGO was constantly out of stock from day 1 for the RI, so that didn't see the light over here. Yes, they did get a retail release in the states and maybe the UK but definitely not over here. Happy for you to prove me wrong, but as far as I know BTTF & GB are the only Ideas sets to see retail in Aust.

Hmm, maybe?

But my RI is from TRU because i purchase it from there. Exo Suits i got from Lego LEGO Shop at Home as i couldn't get it anywhere during that time.

Anyway nothing to prove, but looking forward to the BBT and Wall-E sets to appear if any possibility.

It is going to be more of a regular occurrence though and not just with Ideas sets

I agreed that is getting more of a occurrence nowdays, for example the latest Agents theme is not getting release in Australia, i saw those sets already available in Singapore when i go on a holiday 2 weeks ago. Didn't get any as can't squeeze in any more space in the luggage and they are hell of expensive there.:notme:

• Like 1

Hmm, maybe?

But my RI is from TRU because i purchase it from there. Exo Suits i got from Lego LEGO Shop at Home as i couldn't get it anywhere during that time.

Anyway nothing to prove, but looking forward to the BBT and Wall-E sets to appear if any possibility.

I agreed that is getting more of a occurrence nowdays, for example the latest Agents theme is not getting release in Australia, i saw those sets already available in Singapore when i go on a holiday 2 weeks ago. Didn't get any as can't squeeze in any more space in the luggage and they are hell of expensive there.:notme:

I had the feeling that they were disbanding their UA lines as they have recently been 50% on their clearance sale on LEGO Shop at Home. I nabbed a couple of sets for christmas, but I was able to grab about 15 of the Psyclone (RRP $90) for $20ea @ Big W.

• 4 weeks later...