KMart - LEGO items not marked "Hot Buy"

exciter1

I was just looking at stuff at Kmart and came across this notice:  Great opportunity to stack with coupons?

Members get 10% back in points when you purchase specified LEGO city or LEGO Ninjago items

Yeah I saw that in store the other day on all the new space and deep sea sets

Has anyone been able to get the recent $10 off $25 to work on anything lego? I've tried about 15 sets, none work. It's possible that the entire toys category is excluded. I can get it to work on a random pair of shoes that I added to my cart to test, but that's it. Anyone have better luck?

It even rang up "Error wrong store" when I tried to checkout with it in-store.  I have no idea what it works with.

Thankfully surprise points still work with all LEGO.  I've been getting $10 on $60 purchase almost every week.

Edited by exciter1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a couple new things to report on the K-Mart front. For one, ala Amazon, K-Mart will now give you $1 in points if you choose the slower economy shipping option. Not a bad deal. I also just checked out (bought a Joker steamroller for $20 after points, doorbusters, surprise points, etc) and got a 'Get $4 Back in Points on your next Kmart' coupon at the bottom of my order confirmation. Stack the $4 back, $1 back for shipping, you got about $5 off the top of any surprise/bonus points you may have. Not bad!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

There are some extra SYWR VIP Choice Benefits available, if you want to look at your account and see what's available.

http://www.shopyourway.com/tag/shop-your-way-rewards-vip/1461510/vip-choice-benefits

I was eyeing the 5% points all day coupon but then I realized I would need to spend $400 to get the same result as "get $20 points on $50 purchase" :D

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

There are some extra SYWR VIP Choice Benefits available, if you want to look at your account and see what's available.

http://www.shopyourway.com/tag/shop-your-way-rewards-vip/1461510/vip-choice-benefits

I was eyeing the 5% points all day coupon but then I realized I would need to spend $400 to get the same result as "get $20 points on $50 purchase"

I chose the $20 back on $50 too.

• 1 month later...

Any recent experience with the $20 surprise points at Kmart on multiple orders, details:

"QB--Members get $20 back in points (20,000 points) when you spend $20 or more on qualifying items with SEARS or KMART. Limit 1 per member. Points to expire in 90 days."

This is similar to a promotion they ran in November where it applies over and over.  The points show as pending in the checkout process and confirmation email but don't seem to show up in my account.  I have print screens of everything but would have to contact Shop Your Way if they don't show up even though they are displayed on multiple orders.

11 minutes ago, legogregors said:

Any recent experience with the $20 surprise points at Kmart on multiple orders, details:

"QB--Members get $20 back in points (20,000 points) when you spend $20 or more on qualifying items with SEARS or KMART. Limit 1 per member. Points to expire in 90 days."

This is similar to a promotion they ran in November where it applies over and over.  The points show as pending in the checkout process and confirmation email but don't seem to show up in my account.  I have print screens of everything but would have to contact Shop Your Way if they don't show up even though they are displayed on multiple orders.

My most recent iteration was only honored once.  The following orders did not receive the $20 in points back, even though it said I was supposed to receive them when my order was finalized and the $20+ points back is on the receipt.

There are a few new items listed now that are still not marked "Hot Buy", but a few new items do have the hot buy tag.

10 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

My most recent iteration was only honored once.  The following orders did not receive the $20 in points back, even though it said I was supposed to receive them when my order was finalized and the $20+ points back is on the receipt.

There are a few new items listed now that are still not marked "Hot Buy", but a few new items do have the hot buy tag.

Same for me...only got the $20 once.

You will likely have to pick up Brick Bounty.  If they have that in stock locally, they are likely to have other options or clearance deals.

I bought a Rancor Pit a few months ago and 3 snow speeders more recently.  I even found a Battle of 5 armies on clearance for ~$35.

If not, I would pick Brick Bounty.

1 hour ago, legogregors said:

Sounds about right.  I did not get the same postcard this time and "wasted" the promotion on some smaller sets last week and tried applying it to a Brick Bounty today for store pickup.  There are still a few stragglers at Kmarts(MSRP) and maybe Targets(discounted).

Strange, my order is now available for pickup and the $20.00 surprise points did credit to my account.  I used this last week and also got the $20.00 surprise points.  It does not show now when I add anything else to my cart so maybe I was between similar promotions...