KMart - LEGO items not marked "Hot Buy"

exciter1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm used to getting free surprise points from Kmart, but this is a new one... Anyone ever gotten an email with a free gift card? I don't know of any special they've been running where you can earn a gift card with a particular purchase, though I may have missed it. I have been buying a fair amount from them lately, but geez, thanks Kmart!

I would gladly trade this $5 gift card for a consistent run of shipping boxes instead of the bags they send their Legos out in...

Clipboard01.jpg

• Like 2

The only time I've seen those is from some of the online promotions they do like posting a picture on the SYW site that gets you a $5 card.  The promotions sometimes got abused though and I think they stopped doing them after things like this happened:  http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2015/01/two_former_k-mart_employees_ac.html

• Like 1

The only time I've seen those is from some of the online promotions they do like posting a picture on the SYW site that gets you a $5 card.  The promotions sometimes got abused though and I think they stopped doing them after things like this happened:  http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2015/01/two_former_k-mart_employees_ac.html

Ah, from my town! I remember that story. Yikes. Kmart is a rare breed in Oregon, but I guess it's the same all over. I was there today, and 1/2 the lights were turned off. The lady in front of me asked why, and the cashier said it was for cost savings. R.I.P.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Saw some Lego sets marked down at Kmart 25% - 30% off.  They were sale prices, so surprise points worked on them just fine.  Some were in the clearance section (but without the yellow clearance stickers) and others were in the regular Lego aisle and not marked, but scanned with the sale price.  I've been using surprise/reward points to pick these up heavily discounted.

41028: Emma's Lifeguard Post  $7.24

60012: Coast Guard 4x4 & Diving Boat  $13.94

31021: Furry Creatures  $13.94

41008: Heartlake City Pool  $30.09

• Like 3

It's time to pick out your quarterly VIP Rewards Benefit.  I received the email this morning.  I selected 100% back in points up to $50.

Is this what you selected:

100% pts on a Single Item purchase of up to $50. Limited to one item in cart at checkout

Offer only applies when there is a single item in your...

See Details

The single item language looked odd to me. Thanks,

Edited by legogregors

Is this what you selected:

100% pts on a Single Item purchase of up to $50. Limited to one item in cart at checkout

Offer only applies when there is a single item in your...

See Details

The single item language looked odd to me. Thanks,

Yes, that's the one.  Now I'm just trying to figure out what to use it on.  They have 100% back in points on stuff like Seiki TVs and such too.

I went for the Ninjago: Ninja DB X.  My son has been wanting that one anyway.  I was able to use some points and a $10 off $75 coupon as well.  I'll cash in the points on something for me. ;)

Do you recall if your "you will earn" was accurate after you applied the coupon in the cart?  I've applied the 100% up to $50 coupon as well but all that I'm seeing is the standard 2% and it isn't beefing about my cart/coupon combination being invalid.

I'm seeing some very odd prices on K-Mart today. Not on everything, but I'm seeing markups TRU style on some sets. Examples:

Scooby Mystery Machine: $32.99
Sooby Mystery Mansion: $94.99
etc

It's not on all lego sets, I just saw this on a couple I was looking at. K-Mart lego prices seem to change hourly, but usually discounts start at the RRP, not an inflated starting point. I hope it's not a new trend. I'm hoping it's just Scooby and the other few that I looked at. 

kmart online has a number of sets with prices over RRP.  dose not seem to be a lot of logic behind it, much like most other things Kmart does.  previously it was Elves, some city, and some super heroes sets.  now it looks like they hit JW and Scooby.  some how SW seems untouched, and even after markups many from those lines seem to still be missing the Hot Buy tag. My guess is Kmart using the similar pricing software to Target, just that its even worse the crap Target uses...

looks like minecraft also got hit, as well as cantina and IAC, well i guess if you are going to mark up SW sets it might as well be the worst sellers right?

Edited by jay4e

I'm seeing some very odd prices on K-Mart today. Not on everything, but I'm seeing markups TRU style on some sets. Examples:

Scooby Mystery Machine: $32.99
Sooby Mystery Mansion: $94.99
etc

It's not on all lego sets, I just saw this on a couple I was looking at. K-Mart lego prices seem to change hourly, but usually discounts start at the RRP, not an inflated starting point. I hope it's not a new trend. I'm hoping it's just Scooby and the other few that I looked at. 

Actually, some of the markups help with coupons.  The MM works with a $15 in points on a 30 purchase.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

K-Mart online has the joker steamroller down to $41. Coupons worked fine with this set. I know these could be had for $25 at Target a few months earlier, but with some points, coupons, raise cards, it's possible to get these lower than $25 depending on your situation. I had some expiring points that I needed to use ASAP, so it was a good fit for me.

• Like 3

I have only ever gotten the points back coupons to work on Lego. I have never gotten a dollar off coupon to work on any set. Always tells me it doesn't apply to my order. Either I am always picking the wrong sets or, well I can't think of anything else if it is working for other people.

I have only ever gotten the points back coupons to work on Lego. I have never gotten a dollar off coupon to work on any set. Always tells me it doesn't apply to my order. Either I am always picking the wrong sets or, well I can't think of anything else if it is working for other people.

Try some of the sets in the first post of this thread.