Nexo Knights 2016

TheOrcKing

The little lava monster critters are frickin' hilarious! Haha. Jestro and his cronies beside him are awesome in particular the one with a Mohawk and the other who looks like a magma golem wielding the large fists. Good to see the classic hoodie from way back return and that book Jestro is holding looks new. Also the little princess on the goodies side appears to be holding a type of pocket gaming console. To note each of the Knights' emblems seem to harken back on older factions. (Blue - Black Falcons, Red - Dragon Masters, Orange - enemies from Knights Kingdom I like Cedric the Bull, White - ? not sure who had a horse specifically aside from Sir Kentis from Knights Kingdom II, Green - Wolfpack)

Well this is certainly a uniquely interesting twist for the lineage of Castle. The line from 2013 was about as classic and simple as you could get yet a lot of people (or at least the ones very vocal) were disappointed despite it all. Since it may be a while before seeing another original Space theme thanks in part to the never-ending campaign of Star Wars plus the aforementioned disapproval of Castle 2013, combining the two together seemed like the next logical step. Besides these look like the same wackiness from those 80's toy lines growing up.

What I do not like about these "heroes" is their cocky attitude.

I mean of course they should be cool, but if I watch these videos they all seem to be rather arrogant, self-centered and not like heroes I'd chose for my children as they don't seem to care too much for others.

I'll probably not watch the series ;-) so however they behave there might change my opinion haha.

Nice of LEGO to include the original knights to the videos. Although I'm not happy about how LEGO made them "look"... Anyhow, I guess this "new generation" stuff is something the kids will love...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

The sets still aren't doing much for me, but I do really like the designs of the minifigs.  They're all pretty solid.

I agree, the sets look like something my 5 yr old would put together if he was really bored.  Especially the flying thing in the Merlok's Library 2.0 set.

17 minutes ago, lazuli16 said:

I agree, the sets look like something my 5 yr old would put together if he was really bored.  Especially the flying thing in the Merlok's Library 2.0 set.

The same can be said about most of the Lego Movie sets, especially Benny's Space Ship and Sea Cow - that is the exact reason why I did NOT invest in them. Sets that are looking too random. Yet most people here said buy, buy, buy...

All these comments are spoken through the eyes of an adult. There is a definite cool factor that younger kids will gravitate too in the same vein of Chima and Ninjago. Is there some investment potential here? Yes, but we will have to monitor things more closely to see which sets will be the winners.... just like always. ;)

10 minutes ago, lobo1969 said:

All these comments are spoken through the eyes of an adult. There is a definite cool factor that younger kids will gravitate too in the same vein of Chima and Ninjago. Is there some investment potential here? Yes, but we will have to monitor things more closely to see which sets will be the winners.... just like always. ;)

I'm sure kids will like it... it's LEGO after all, but I think the investment potential is quite limited to maybe the biggest sets.

As for parting out, I think there is huge potential for parter outers... I see so many new parts in so many colors!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2015, 11:45:18, rfish said:

The same can be said about most of the Lego Movie sets, especially Benny's Space Ship and Sea Cow - that is the exact reason why I did NOT invest in them. Sets that are looking too random. Yet most people here said buy, buy, buy...

lol I wrote a whole blog post about why these sets were going to be tough to make a good return on! I think Benny might be alright IF you got him at around a 50% discount, but anyone paying at or close to MSRP on these sets is probably going to be sitting on them for a heck of a long time.

I hate to poo poo a whole theme before it even rolls out, but I can't foresee putting even one dollar into Nexo. Perhaps the Fortrex at 40-50% off in the summer if I think I can flip it at Christmas, but not too much else that is of interest to me...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...