Elves 2016

TheOrcKing

Elvendale Dragon School, huh? So this is basically becoming "How to train your dragon". Ha.

• 41171 - Emily Jones & the Dragon Baby = 9.99 €
  • 41172 - Water Dragon Adventure = 24.99 €
  • 41173 - Elvendale Dragon School = 19.99 €
  • 41174 - Starlight Inn = 29.99 €
  • 41175 - Fire Dragon Lava Cave = 39.99 €
  • 41176 - The Secret Market = 59.99 €
  • Like 1

This list looks interesting. The Secret Market and the Starlight Inn look the most promising to me unless the Elves dragons are very different from generic fantasy dragons.

I'm guessing they're little pet dragons like in Aira’s Pegasus Sleigh.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

LEGO has sometimes held back on releases until the summer months to rather late into the year around June or August. With so many designs under a plethora of categories, it isn't surprising they would decide to spread the street dates throughout the entire year. Anyway the catalog image a couple posts up states in German "All new March" which is merely a couple months into the new year.

• 2 weeks later...

That orange dragon is beautiful, just saying...

I like the theme in general except for the minidolls instead of minifigs, but I just can't get myself to buy any... The builds just seem too hollow to me and in need of too much work after building them to add to them in order to make them viable for anything and not just compacted features into a fake building :/ 

I'll probably get the boat from wave 1, and maybe the market from this wave at some point, but I just don't feel the hurry because I doubt that these will increase much in value.

• 2 weeks later...

Well........ I might have to delve into the world of the Elves theme. Five new dragons and they look fantastic!

Emily Jones and the Baby Wind Dragon (41171)

LEGO Elves Emily Jones & the Baby Wind Dragon (41171)

Help Emily Jones teach Fledge to fly!

Join Emily Jones as she searches for dragon cherries in Elvendale. Look up in the tree; a beautiful, sparkling dragon egg has hatched! Help her get the baby wind dragon out of the egg with some chocolate. Use the wobbling stepping stone to teach Fledge how to fly back up to the moss nest!

• Includes an Emily Jones mini-doll figure, plus Fledge the baby wind dragon.
  • Features a waterfall with cave, tree, wobbling stepping stone function and a moss nest.
  • Help Emily Jones lure the baby wind dragon, Fledge, out of her egg with a chocolate bar.
  • Join Emily as she uses the stepping stone function to teach Fledge to fly.

LEGO Elves Emily Jones and the Baby Wind Dragon (41171) LEGO Elves Emily Jones and the Baby Wind Dragon (41171) LEGO Elves Emily Jones and the Baby Wind Dragon (41171) LEGO Elves Emily Jones and the Baby Wind Dragon (41171) LEGO Elves Emily Jones and the Baby Wind Dragon (41171)

The Water Dragon Adventure (41172)

LEGO Elves The Water Dragon Adventure (41172)

Fly with Naida and Merina to discover new parts of Elvendale!

Help Naida Riverheart the water elf, hold on tight as Merina the water dragon, flies around Elvendale in search of new and interesting places! Explore the waterfall while Naida feeds Merina by using her magic water powers to toss food to the dragon. Discover hidden treasures in the magic waterfall, and help Naida brush her hair and try out the other magical beauty accessories before the next adventure!

• Includes a Naida Riverheart mini-doll figure plus Merina the water dragon.
  • Features the crystal waterfall with water catapult function and a hiding space for hidden treasure.
  • Climb on Merina the water dragon’s back for a flight around Elvendale.

LEGO Elves The Water Dragon Adventure (41172) LEGO Elves The Water Dragon Adventure (41172) LEGO Elves The Water Dragon Adventure (41172) LEGO Elves The Water Dragon Adventure (41172) LEGO Elves The Water Dragon Adventure (41172)

Elvendale School of Dragons (41173)

LEGO Elves Elvendale School of Dragons (41173)

Work with Tidus Stormsurfer the Dragon Trainer to train Miku the baby dragon, to improve her flying! Ring the bell and start school with some flying lessons at the blackboard. Help Miku climb the tree during the break, and then time her with the hourglass as she flies down the zip line. Use the cookie shooter to encourage her to fly further. After practice, it’s time to take a well-deserved nap!

• Includes a Tidus Stormsurfer the Dragon Trainer mini-doll figure, plus Miku the baby dragon.
  • Featuring the dragon school with classroom and tree for climbing using the zip line and a napping space for Miku.
  • Enter the dragon school classroom and take a seat on the mushroom chairs.
  • Encourage Miku to fly faster and further with the cookie shooter.

LEGO Elves Elvendale School of Dragons (41173) LEGO Elves Elvendale School of Dragons (41173) LEGO Elves Elvendale School of Dragons (41173) LEGO Elves Elvendale School of Dragons (41173) LEGO Elves Elvendale School of Dragons (41173)

The Starlight Inn (41174)

LEGO Elves The Starlight Inn (41174)

Make a stop on the journey and have a sleepover at the Starlight Inn!

Travel with Azari Firedancer the fire elf, and Spark the baby fire dragon, to the Starlight Inn! Meet Sira Copperbranch the Sky Captain, who takes care of the Inn, and take a tour inside. Set up Spark’s egg in the cellar before you have some tea and learn more about the Inn and the Sky Captain. Tuck Spark in his egg then sleep well so you’re ready for more adventures in Elvendale!

• Includes Sira Copperbranch the Sky Captain and Azari Firedancer mini-doll figures, plus Spark the baby fire dragon.
  • The Starlight Inn features a turning telescope that reveals a hidden staircase and key, a drawer under the bed that opens, cellar and inn doors that open and close, as well as a flame element that can be turned to light a candle or heat a teapot in the oven.
  • Visit the Starlight Inn in Elvendale for a cozy night’s rest during your adventures.

LEGO Elves The Starlight Inn (41174) LEGO Elves The Starlight Inn (41174) LEGO Elves The Starlight Inn (41174) LEGO Elves The Starlight Inn (41174) LEGO Elves The Starlight Inn (41174)

Fire Dragon’s Lava Cave (41175)

LEGO Elves Fire Dragon's Lava Cave (41175)

Have a campfire at the Lava Cave with Zonya the fire dragon!

Join Emily Jones and Azari Firedancer the fire elf, as they explore the Lava Cave! Meet Zonya the fire dragon, then enter the Lava Cave with the use of Azari’s magic fire powers. Discover the secret map and roast a marshmallow around the campfire. Spend the night tucked into the warm and cozy moss beds in the cave, and in the morning join Emily and Azari on Zonya’s back for an epic flight!

• Includes Emily Jones and Azari Firedancer mini-doll figures, plus Zonya the fire dragon.
  • Features the Lava Cave, with a sliding function to move the lava fall aside, moss beds and a campfire. Includes the Shadow Fountain with a sliding function to transform the fountain from green poisoned water to blue clean water.
  • Clean up Shadow Fountain so Zonya can drink from it once again.

LEGO Elves Fire Dragon’s Lava Cave (41175) LEGO Elves Fire Dragon’s Lava Cave (41175) LEGO Elves Fire Dragon’s Lava Cave (41175) LEGO Elves Fire Dragon’s Lava Cave (41175) LEGO Elves Fire Dragon’s Lava Cave (41175)

The Secret Market Place (41176)

LEGO Elves The Secret Market Place (41176)

Find the Secret Market Place with its enchanting residents!

Join Farran Leafshade the earth elf, and Aira Windwhistler the wind elf, as they find the Secret Market Place, run entirely by animals! Meet Thorne the earth dragon and feed him pumpkins. Visit Owlyver the post owl at the post office and watch Flamy the goldsmith at work. Search through the library with Aira then help Farran use his magic earth powers to reveal the Book of Dragons’ hiding place!

• Includes Farran Leafshade and Aira Windwhistler mini-dolls, plus Flamy, Owlyver and Thorne the earth dragon.
  • The Secret Market Place features 2 levels with stairs, a lever for activating the hammer in the goldsmith, opening drawer and a turning function to move the tree and reveal the sacred Book of Dragons.
  • Includes Thorne the earth dragon, with space for a storage box and a mini-doll on his back.

LEGO Elves The Secret Market Place (41176) LEGO Elves The Secret Market Place (41176) LEGO Elves The Secret Market Place (41176) LEGO Elves The Secret Market Place (41176) LEGO Elves The Secret Market Place (41176)

The post LEGO Elves 2016 Set Descriptions appeared first on The Brick Fan.

Edited by pstebbing
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
On February 29, 2016 at 0:12 AM, Mrs.Metalmuffin said:

I already purchased the water dragon ... I couldn't resist it .... My husband says I have to wait till they go into the Lego store to get the other dragons ... :( He wants his points ... Meh

March 7th cannot come soon enough!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

My wife had been eyeing the Queen Dragon for a while now. We "need to balance out our city" from all my Star Wars and Marvel, she says.

She built the purple one. It's about what I expected: cool, but didn't motivate either of us to consider going back and buying any of the 1st-wave dragons. I made the white one and I have to say, it's awesome. If you're considering any of the dragons for yourself, others, or *ahem* others, the Queen lives up to her name. BTW I recommend getting your hands on one of these pieces to go with a Queen that'll be displayed or played with, if possible. Makes for a really neat "ice breath" effect:

http://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=18394pb02&C=162#T=S&C=162&O={"color":"162"}

Edited by Pedilego