71014 - Minifigures - DFB German Football Team

TheOrcKing

Confirmed today:

Way back in August, I reported on a rumor that LEGO will be producing a special Collectible Minifigure series featuring the German national football team. Today at the 2016 Nuremberg Toy Fair, it was announced that there will indeed be a special series, exclusive to Germany, consisting of 16 minifigures of some of the players on DFB, Die Mannschaft (The Team). They are scheduled to be released in May just in time for the 2016 UEFA European Championship. - See more at: http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-german-football-team-collectible-minifigures-announced/#sthash.2eRoduXx.dpuf

via The Brick Fan

• Like 3

First I was happy to hear about football CMF serie. I hoped that they could take 1 best player from every EURO team and make perfect 24 pieces CMF serie. But making just German team is the worst case scenario and totally stupid step, which is out of any logic. 

1) why to limit figs just for 1 country? There would be much better demand around the Europe if they make figs from different teams. Also there would be the chance to see more football stars as lego figs, not only from 1 country. And everybody could build his own team if he wants - just buy 11 same figs and replace the heads...

2) if choose 1 team, why German? It is more logical to make the domestic France team (as was GB olympic team) or last EURO champions from Spain. This could bring some upsets for fans from other team.

I am very dissappointed.

10 hours ago, mesje said:

1) why to limit figs just for 1 country? There would be much better demand around the Europe if they make figs from different teams. Also there would be the chance to see more football stars as lego figs, not only from 1 country. And everybody could build his own team if he wants - just buy 11 same figs and replace the heads...

2) if choose 1 team, why German? It is more logical to make the domestic France team (as was GB olympic team) or last EURO champions from Spain. This could bring some upsets for fans from other team.

emmm, because this is the world champion team and maybe it has something to do with merchandise? ;)

i cant see this series related to the EURO2016. its related to "Die Mannschaft".

Edited by bricki123
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Lordoflego said:

Will they be available only in Germany? And where in Germany? I mean, how was the olympics team sold in England couple years ago?

So...since this forum is going again, and before we r in trouble for derailing it, I was just wondering if someone has answer to above question pls.

Edited by Lordoflego

3 minutes ago, stackables said:

I think just in Germany and I am not exactly sure where. Going to have to make some German friends to get a set.

That's the thing, I have family there so I should be good, but I need to know the details, and send some money in advance, I need to check how the Olympic figs are doing now, I'm just worried that German players may not be so popular and valuable in other countries as they strictly represent German soccer 

14 minutes ago, Flowie said:

Why do you think, they will not ne popular? Share some thoughts please :)

They just may be, we r speculating, sharing opinions only, but compare them to Olympic team minifigs, the Olympic team represented an event that fans of ALL sports watch, from all countries, now, German soccer team, will be interesting mostly to Germans, mostly to German soccer fans, so instead all sports all countries, you get one sport one country, that's just my opinion.

dont know what the original price of the Olympic figs was but wasn't it only set of 9? It's selling for nice buck assuming that price was similar to collectable figs.

Edited by Lordoflego

6 hours ago, Lordoflego said:

They just may be, we r speculating, sharing opinions only, but compare them to Olympic team minifigs, the Olympic team represented an event that fans of ALL sports watch, from all countries, now, German soccer team, will be interesting mostly to Germans, mostly to German soccer fans, so instead all sports all countries, you get one sport one country, that's just my opinion.

dont know what the original price of the Olympic figs was but wasn't it only set of 9? It's selling for nice buck assuming that price was similar to collectable figs.

6 hours ago, Flowie said:

Why do you think, they will not ne popular? Share some thoughts please :)

6 hours ago, stackables said:

German football team. 

According to the info we have it will be released only in Germany.  Why does it have to be popular in other countries then when they are not even target markets? LEGO is huge in Germany and people are nuts for football. I think it will be a hit.

Anyway LEGO is probably testing the market for these sports related merchandise. If it gets successful, we might see more in other countries and other sports. Maybe club licenses too. 

5 hours ago, inversion said:

According to the info we have it will be released only in Germany.  Why does it have to be popular in other countries then when they are not even target markets? LEGO is huge in Germany and people are nuts for football. I think it will be a hit.

Anyway LEGO is probably testing the market for these sports related merchandise. If it gets successful, we might see more in other countries and other sports. Maybe club licenses too. 

Id like it to be popular worldwide so I can sell some, that's why.