71014 - Minifigures - DFB German Football Team

TheOrcKing

I don't see why they would not be popular. The German soccer team is (among) the most favorite in the world. Players like Thomas Müller, Manuel Neuer and so on have fans all over the world. Every child that plays soccer knows them. Their names will stick with soccer fans forever.

(I might be biased though cause I am German ;) )

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Calli said:

I don't see why they would not be popular. The German soccer team is (among) the most favorite in the world. Players like Thomas Müller, Manuel Neuer and so on have fans all over the world. Every child that plays soccer knows them. Their names will stick with soccer fans forever.

I am not German but I agree! Does anyone know if this is going to be the national team roster circa World Cup or current iteration?

• 1 month later...
On February 7, 2016 at 10:01 AM, Calli said:

The NBA is by far the most popular basketball league on the planet and those sets never took off either

Edited by Dr. Brick

Heh this makes me think of this set from way back: http://brickset.com/sets/3409-1 They even had a version with the French and US team, but of course with the simple generic faces from back in the day.

EDIT: this set is also hilariously realistic

3314-1.jpg

I know some people will certainly be disappointed that they chose Germany instead of France. Now that I think of it, are there even any French people on this forum? I get the feeling most French people tend to stick to the French side of the internet :)

Edited by c_rpg
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Will 4 said:

I would argue that basketball does not have a massive global appeal as opposed to Football!

I'm Dutch and a big football fan as well. I played professional basketball in Europe as well and agree that football is much more popular. However, do you know football fans who play with Lego's?

Edited by Dr. Brick

6 hours ago, Dr. Brick said:

I'm Dutch and a big football fan as well. I played professional basketball in Europe as well and agree that football is much more popular. However, do you know football fans who play with Lego's?

Well you are talking to one so add me to your list however I would concede that it is not aimed as much at football fans.

Another separate point though I wonder is who will be in the 16 man team.

• Like 1

On 07/02/2016 at 7:08 PM, Battrax said:

I am not German but I agree! Does anyone know if this is going to be the national team roster circa World Cup or current iteration?

I wish it was the 1996 European Championship winning Germany team. One of the minifigs would fetch an absolute fortune in the secondary market.