Taking out USD from Paypal (Canada)

seapotato

Don't do that. You can change the address or just add a business address. I'm not sure what you're doing wrong there. Create the address, then when you pay up, you select that second address. If you're buying from ebay, it should be easier. Create that additional address in your account settings.

If your main account was created as a Canadian account you can no longer add a US address. The work around was to use the "classic site" but now that option is gone too.

If you previously had a US address then it will still show up in your list of verified addresses - I have one where I've sent parcels to a border pickup service.

The suggested workaround (for eBay at least) is to add a US shipping address to your eBay account and then use the eBay address as your shipping address and NOT your PayPal address. I can confirm this worked for me while in France earlier this year.

Of course it means that other retailers who allow you to pay with PayPal need to have their checkout options setup properly to use their shipping address rather than the billing address, ie your PayPal address.

I hope that makes sense.

8 hours ago, gregpj said:

If your main account was created as a Canadian account you can no longer add a US address. The work around was to use the "classic site" but now that option is gone too.

If you previously had a US address then it will still show up in your list of verified addresses - I have one where I've sent parcels to a border pickup service.

The suggested workaround (for eBay at least) is to add a US shipping address to your eBay account and then use the eBay address as your shipping address and NOT your PayPal address. I can confirm this worked for me while in France earlier this year.

Of course it means that other retailers who allow you to pay with PayPal need to have their checkout options setup properly to use their shipping address rather than the billing address, ie your PayPal address.

I hope that makes sense.

Ahh, that makes sense. Glad I got this done like 10 years ago. :)

• 7 months later...

This is not a solution to the Paypal USD problem, but it is a partial solution for me. On Bricklink we have the option to accept credit card payments processed by Stripe, and in my Stripe account I was able to link my Scotia USD dollar account, and have USD payments deposited automatically into this account. It is just a standard USD chequing account I opened at a local branch which then allows me to either withdraw USD cash or write cheques.

• 2 months later...

I just thought I'd post an update to this thread in case anyone still needs or wants to do this... I have a US dollar account from RBC. The specific account type is "RBC US High Interest eSavings" which can only be accessed via online banking or from an Agent (not sure about ATMs, never tried).

In August I made a small donation ($6 US) to a website that I frequent (it was two cups of coffee if you're curious about the amount) and RBC rejected the withdrawl from the US bank account I had previously linked using the tips posted here. In the process, PayPal decided that the account should be unlinked without my authorization or involvement. Damn I thought... oh well, not the end of the world.

When I went to my PayPal  this past Wednesday to print a shipping label, I decided to first go to my Wallet  (I hadn't bothered to check out for myself the US account was gone) and clicked the "Add" button. It asked me to select and log into my financial institution. Afterwards, it presented the other accounts I have and said "which ones would you like to add?" It let me select the US savings account ... I have yet to try it to purchase or transfer funds, but if anyone was bummed when the previous way of adding US dollar accounts from Canadian banks to their PayPal account seemed to stop working, you might want to try again.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This was working with the RBC USD account for me for about 2 years. no issues. USD straight into the RBC. 

and then i dont know exactly when i went to do it. and RBC was gone from my withdrawal options. 

and now i cant add it.. anyone else have this issue recently. 

Super annoyed. 

This was working with the RBC USD account for me for about 2 years. no issues. USD straight into the RBC. 

and then i dont know exactly when i went to do it. and RBC was gone from my withdrawal options. 
and now i cant add it.. anyone else have this issue recently. 

Super annoyed. 

Changed about six months ago... I tried adding the account back, no luck.

I guess they figured out that it worked around them charging us exchange fees on deposits so they stopped allowing it.