Estate Sale Action - listing, lot pics and more

• 3 weeks later...

Grabbed most of 6375 at local sale for $15

missed space 438 with box in another part of the house that a general collector of all things grabbed only because it was lego and to flip

wish I went upstairs instead of downstairs and would have grabbed the space set

anyone else get any garage or estate sale action today ?

I have a friend here at work that goes to estate sales and auctions almost every weekend.  He's a hidden gem hunter, who flips stuff on EBay, but it's quite a bit of dedication to go to these things every Saturday. 

Anyway, I was on a conference call with him Monday and he said I missed out on a huge collection of LEGO at an estate sale last weekend.  I didn't have much time to talk to him about it then, but I hit him up yesterday.  He said the guy had big sets still sealed, Fire Brigade, R2-D2, Town Hall, etc and tons of sets loose/complete cataloged and bagged.  Apparently his family was careful about going through everything and labeling it appropriately. 

Well, he was telling me the prices the stuff went for and I was shocked.  Honestly, I was kind of relieved I wasn't there, because I would have never paid those prices.  I didn't miss much, as in, I didn't miss some crazy deal.  He said folks usually turn out for good estate sales with a reputable auction company.

My friend never calls me from the sales, although sometimes I wish he did.  I guess this one was in my town.  Actually, it was a guy's collection from the grade above me in high school, someone who I went to church with as a kid who suddenly passed away this year.  Great guy and apparently he had a great collection.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Great guy and apparently he had a great collection.

This is how we're all going to go someday.  Well maybe not the "great guy" part for all of us. :)

Sad family members shocked at how much Lego we've accumulated hidden away in nooks and crannies in the house, and how much its all worth.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
8 hours ago, LegoEdison said:

do you mean edison, nj?

do you have the link for that?

http://www.bodnarsauction.com/#!our-next-auction/c1viv

7 hours ago, jaylay said:

Wonder how much lot27 will go for? Probably below retail. Anymore pics of this lot?

ended up it was table 27

a fellow brickpicker, at least 1 I know was there and prices were at or above BP/ebay for most items