Scooby Doo, Where are you? - general discussion

TheOrcKing

Just back from the San Antonio LEGO store all Scooby Doo sets gone with the exception of about 5-7 Mystery Mansion sets. This is despite the fact that they have this built as one of their feature sets.

In my opinion, this is the only set in the line where I feel like I'm getting some value for my money. It looks magnificent on display. I almost impulse purchased one but I don't have any room in my luggage. 

image.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Just looking through my Lego Fall 2015 catalog, the Scooby Doo page omits set 75901 (Airplane) and 75903 (Lighthouse).  They do offer the "Scooby-Doo Collection" 5004810 - a bundle of just the other three sets (75900, 75902, and 75904).  This same offer is on LEGO Shop at Home right now.  Of course, I know we can't read anything into what's included / excluded from the catalog.  But those 2 sets are my least favorite of the bunch.  Could it be that the two odd number sets will be short lived?

Just looking through my Lego Fall 2015 catalog, the Scooby Doo page omits set 75901 (Airplane) and 75903 (Lighthouse).  They do offer the "Scooby-Doo Collection" 5004810 - a bundle of just the other three sets (75900, 75902, and 75904).  This same offer is on LEGO Shop at Home right now.  Of course, I know we can't read anything into what's included / excluded from the catalog.  But those 2 sets are my least favorite of the bunch.  Could it be that the two odd number sets will be short lived?

I would not base anything on the catalog, as scooby was likely not even officially release when the catalog was finalized. The sets debuted in Aug and the Catalog was available about a month later.  As for the "collection" well its the obvious 2 keys sets with the cheapest set thrown in to make a collection.  I will say the light house was the weakest seller overall (assuming there were more of the smaller sets produced), but I would not bet on any EOL this year for any of them.  We may see a shortage in december but well that will likely be the case for many sets. 

Honestly predicting EOL of this theme is tough but I doubt it will be less than a year for any of the sets.

Edited by jay4e

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Is this line already retiring ???

I'm out of the investing game but a friend of mine wants the set 75904 (mystery mansion), so I've checked for deals and... this set is hard to find in B&M shops, and only at MSRP (when you're lucky to find some). Online, very few french shops (only 2) have some in stock, and their stock is very, very low and will vanish soon (this week for one and this month for the other).

The other sets can be found at MSRP too but there seems to be low stocks because on LEGO Shop at Home there is a limit of 2 per order. Note that there is no tag on the sets (nor retiring soon, neither hard to find).

On amazon.es , .fr , .co.uk, etc. the mansion and the van can't be ordered and it seems that no more sets are coming soon (!).

On amazon.com there is a limit of 2 for the mansion.

I thought the line would be available for one year (or few months more) but it's only 6 months (!) since the line has been released.

I'm really clueless about this line, do you guys think it's a post-Xmas shortage, or is it already retiring ? When we're talking about a line or a set related to a movie (Jurassic world, ant-man...) I understand that it stands shortly in the catalog but such a short life for the scooby-doo line would seem strange to me (another mystery to solve ! Let's go scooby !)

edit: I've phoned to amazon and they told me they will have more sets in the incoming weeks but they weren't able to tell me when. I guess they are as clueless as I am.

Edited by biniou

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I spoke to LEGO Shop at Home today and they said they have over 1000 mansions. Reason I asked is b/c I wanted to see if I could wait till double points, which I can b/c they'll have the product but not sure on the price. However, I did confirm what a store employee told me the other day...that Scooby Doo is going away. They aren't displaying them at the store any longer and the LEGO Shop at Home person confirmed that...thus the sale price...I hope the $107 still stands in 4 more days...if not, well tough for me! :)

• Like 1

On 3/3/2016 at 11:13 PM, midbenne said:

I spoke to LEGO Shop at Home today and they said they have over 1000 mansions. Reason I asked is b/c I wanted to see if I could wait till double points, which I can b/c they'll have the product but not sure on the price. However, I did confirm what a store employee told me the other day...that Scooby Doo is going away. They aren't displaying them at the store any longer and the LEGO Shop at Home person confirmed that...thus the sale price...I hope the $107 still stands in 4 more days...if not, well tough for me! :)

thanks for the insight.   Check out this article.  <link deleted>

I would bank on the Mansion and LightHouse as good investments - moving forward. :)

• Like 1

On 3/3/2016 at 11:20 PM, macpro76 said:

thanks for the insight.   Check out this article. <link deleted>

Thanks for that...I am 35 and used to watch scooby doo all the time as a kid, my kid now who's almost 6 can watch the new version b/c he knows that the villains always end up being people and aren't real. I really like the sets in this theme and totally agree, it's over looked and underrated. Which makes it ripe for investment...all people my age or slightly older who like legos and scooby doo will scoop these up after they retire for sure and hopefully for a big return for those that invested. I am hoping that since we're counting down days till retirement that we'll start to see some good prices. I picked up to lighthouses for $35 at WM a couple weeks ago and just built one...It's really a great build...put it on a blue base plate and it looks great. I grabbed a mystery machine yesterday just for fun to build but hope I can get my hands on some better priced sets and see where it goes.

Thanks for sharing that again @macpro76.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, midbenne said:

Thanks for that...I am 35 and used to watch scooby doo all the time as a kid, my kid now who's almost 6 can watch the new version b/c he knows that the villains always end up being people and aren't real. I really like the sets in this theme and totally agree, it's over looked and underrated. Which makes it ripe for investment...all people my age or slightly older who like legos and scooby doo will scoop these up after they retire for sure and hopefully for a big return for those that invested. I am hoping that since we're counting down days till retirement that we'll start to see some good prices. I picked up to lighthouses for $35 at WM a couple weeks ago and just built one...It's really a great build...put it on a blue base plate and it looks great. I grabbed a mystery machine yesterday just for fun to build but hope I can get my hands on some better priced sets and see where it goes.

Thanks for sharing that again @macpro76.

The SRP for mansion is at $89.99, Machine $29.99, Museum at $14.99.  The lego collection is currently set at $107.98.  Not bad for the Machine and the Mansion.  

I am going to put them in as $71.99, $23.99, and $11.99. Thanx. @Deadfraggle

I picked up 5 of the collection a week ago and just got them all today.  Each collection came in its own box with a Nexo Knights intro pack and a Robin Fortrex. Labeled each box and sealed up again. Lets hope for the best. :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...