Scooby Doo, Where are you? - general discussion

TheOrcKing

20 hours ago, jaisonline said:

Due to recent retailer discounts.

exactly. here i was thinking that scooby was on his way to retirement haha! 

not the end of the world. i love the sets so am happy knowing that they're sitting in the cupboard wrapped in bubble wrap haha :) 

18 hours ago, Sfcommando14 said:

http://nerdist.com/scooby-doo-will-launch-hanna-barbera-cinematic-universe/

Perhaps a reason for optimism on this line going forward.

Man I really wish studios would stop using "cinematic universe" to describe their new endeavors in hopes of copying what Marvel Studios/Disney have been successful at building with their brand.  

• Like 2

agreed.

do you think Lego would ever consider (licence pending) making flintstones and jetsons sets? i know i'd grab them if they did. 

Flintstones and Jetsons backgrounds show up I LEGO Dimensions, which implies there's some sort of licensing there.

I would venture a guess that if there's going to be a Cinematic Universe, there could be additional sets to support more Scooby and the other properties.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gazza said:

exactly. here i was thinking that scooby was on his way to retirement haha! 

not the end of the world. i love the sets so am happy knowing that they're sitting in the cupboard wrapped in bubble wrap haha :) 

I think this wave might be heading towed retirement.  The recent discounting could be an indicator of Retirement or at least getting harder to find....   Retailers need a way to move inventory to make room for new stuff.

Note: I also like the theme for kids.  Kinda like I did for Toy Story.  Great section of set designs and minifigures.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Was told all Scooby Doo sets are on their way out from Lego Stores in my area (Laval and Montreal Canada).  Probably an employee that is going on a whim...she was implying that production has stopped.    

Have others heard the same thing?   From what I read, some people believe the sets had a 1 year lifespan.

Edited by MAOJump

• 4 weeks later...
On 29/04/2016 at 1:29 AM, MAOJump said:

Was told all Scooby Doo sets are on their way out from Lego Stores in my area (Laval and Montreal Canada).  Probably an employee that is going on a whim...she was implying that production has stopped.    

Have others heard the same thing?   From what I read, some people believe the sets had a 1 year lifespan.

I just received two Mystery Mansions from Amazon, and their seal-codes are both 14S6. Packaged early April this year...

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Any new opinions on this theme's life expectancy?  No longer available at my local Lego store (but fully stocked at shop.lego)... being clearanced at Walmart, Target and Toys R Us...?  Could it be 1 year-and-done? Any newer seal codes out there?

Any new opinions on this theme's life expectancy?  No longer available at my local Lego store (but fully stocked at shop.lego)... being clearanced at Walmart, Target and Toys R Us...?  Could it be 1 year-and-done? Any newer seal codes out there?

The life expectancy has been discussed a few times. The license is done this year. Say bye bye..
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

FWIW, one of my regional Target's had about 15 of the 75900 - Mummy Museum Mystery - Clearanced for $9 as of Thursday's markdown.

I didn't pick any up, but followed the sales and they only had 3 left as of this AM. So that could be an encouraging sign for the demand of the theme in general. I expected they may hang out to the next markdown, and was clearly wrong on that front. Obviously one store and 10 sets isn't scientific knowledge, but I am viewing it as an encouraging sign for the future of the theme.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

I know Scooby Doo is getting clearanced at Target and Wal-Mart, are you also seeing dwindling stock at TRU?  My TRU only had 1 Mystery Mansion left yesterday and a handful of Mystery Machines.  The space is being taken over by Angry Birds, which isn't moving at all.

Yes I'm seeing this as well around SoCal. Targets are cleared out of Scooby. Walmart has some stock, but not much. TRU's stock is dwindling but who knows if this just means they have cases upon cases of slow moving stock in their warehouses. Lego Store still has all of the sets in stock. 

5 minutes ago, pete411 said:

Yes I'm seeing this as well around SoCal. Targets are cleared out of Scooby. Walmart has some stock, but not much. TRU's stock is dwindling but who knows if this just means they have cases upon cases of slow moving stock in their warehouses. Lego Store still has all of the sets in stock. 

WMs within 300 miles of me are almost all wiped clean of all SD sets.

On 8/11/2016 at 0:28 AM, gazza said:

lighthouse and mansion have been coping a beating in the value department. hoping things swing the other way following retirement :)

I hope people believe the value is bad on those.  I will sing all the way to the bank.  I'm not sure about the lighthouse, but I'm betting The MM and MM are going to be...never mind.  Sell!

• Like 1