Scooby Doo, Where are you? - general discussion

TheOrcKing

7 minutes ago, pete411 said:

Yes I'm seeing this as well around SoCal. Targets are cleared out of Scooby. Walmart has some stock, but not much. TRU's stock is dwindling but who knows if this just means they have cases upon cases of slow moving stock in their warehouses. Lego Store still has all of the sets in stock. 

That's what I'm afraid of from TRU, a late season glut.

Guest TabbyBoy
42 minutes ago, Mhd747 said:

My local lego store had new run of scooby doo sets.

Mystery machine was 25S6

Same as the codes I had from Tesco last week ;-)  I just can't help thinking that this little van could be gold after EOL. I'm buying them every time I see them discounted.

I bought my son the entire theme, but he doesn't play with them, which is kind of disappointing.  I do notice these are disappearing in my area as well.  Reminds me of the slow phase out of the hobbit from last year.  I doubt these will come back and I doubt there is going to be a restock.  These had a one year cycle, which in my opinion, as an investment is where you want them to be on popular themes.  So, to those that invested... you probably will do well.  I only have a measly few Mystery Machines that I purchased at a discount, so i'm just going to hold my guns to those.  But, I could see this theme doing very well.

• Like 1

On 20/08/2016 at 4:35 AM, Loghamel said:

WMs within 300 miles of me are almost all wiped clean of all SD sets.

I hope people believe the value is bad on those.  I will sing all the way to the bank.  I'm not sure about the lighthouse, but I'm betting The MM and MM are going to be...never mind.  Sell!

:D

• 4 weeks later...

A little worried about this line now. It has survived multiple clearances with no end is sight. I recently thought that this was done at Walmart and supply was dwindling elsewhere but it's back at most of my local stores. I have a feeling this line was grossly overproduced in North America. I think the growth pattern will resemble The Lone Ranger sets. Stagnant for years and just now making a profit. This is definitely a line to buy at 50% discount or greater.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, pete411 said:

A little worried about this line now. It has survived multiple clearances with no end is sight. I recently thought that this was done at Walmart and supply was dwindling elsewhere but it's back at most of my local stores. I have a feeling this line was grossly overproduced in North America. I think the growth pattern will resemble The Lone Ranger sets. Stagnant for years and just now making a profit. This is definitely a line to buy at 50% discount or greater.

Totally agree. JW is the likelier of the two retiring themes to appreciate but there have been better deals on Scooby.

10 minutes ago, pete411 said:

Image result for scooby doo monster animated gif

• Like 5

You might be the anomaly. Anywhere is saw a discount in my area is gone and hasn't come back. Unless I see it with the Rogue One resets I doubt it returns.