Scooby Doo, Where are you? - general discussion

TheOrcKing

Just got an email from DirecTv about a Scooby Doo & Kiss movie. I don't have kids so this was a surprise. This will only help the line more...

Scooby Doo has been doing movies for a while now.  Two a year basically...I wouldn't know this except my kids watch them repeatedly on Netflix.  They are actually pretty true to the original series - At least the characters look the same...they do have technology though.  Point being, kids 4-12 will definitely know who Scooby Doo and the gang are.

• Like 1

Scooby Doo has been doing movies for a while now.  Two a year basically...I wouldn't know this except my kids watch them repeatedly on Netflix.  They are actually pretty true to the original series - At least the characters look the same...they do have technology though.  Point being, kids 4-12 will definitely know who Scooby Doo and the gang are.

well, this is great news! I had no idea...

I think this series is going to be very popular, and i'm sure finding many of these sets will be a challenge, especially early on.  And who knows, maybe lego's new game is to prolong the exclusives to death, but have a rotating line of television and movie lines that are in and out over short but furious bursts.  Smaller lines like Mixels and Minifigures have become extremely popular, and it seems their short shelf life followed by a new release every 3 to 4 months fuels the market.  Maybe this series won't be out for 2 years either, so this maybe something to consider, especially with what seems to have gone down with JW.  THese may only be out for 9 months, and then it's on to angry birds, and whatever else they have down the horizon for next year.  I personally would rather see it go that way, to be honest.  Than everything is just sitting on shelves for years.

I think this series is going to be very popular, and i'm sure finding many of these sets will be a challenge, especially early on.  And who knows, maybe lego's new game is to prolong the exclusives to death, but have a rotating line of television and movie lines that are in and out over short but furious bursts.  Smaller lines like Mixels and Minifigures have become extremely popular, and it seems their short shelf life followed by a new release every 3 to 4 months fuels the market.  Maybe this series won't be out for 2 years either, so this maybe something to consider, especially with what seems to have gone down with JW.  THese may only be out for 9 months, and then it's on to angry birds, and whatever else they have down the horizon for next year.  I personally would rather see it go that way, to be honest.  Than everything is just sitting on shelves for years.

Next year will be interesting to watch if Lego will remain this many products plus angry birds, Disney minifigs and whatever new stuff they got planned.

And all I'm sayin' is we need more Fred. He's like the cowbell of teenage mystery solvers

all but mystery machine was up on TRU.com 2 days ago with other new sets and only these were pulled

TRU ebay had some listed as well

Scooby Doo all over up here at the local LEGO store. Saw one guy carry 1 of each set to the register... In fact, everything due August 1st was out. Technic, Bionicle, Scooby Doo, Elves.

The only thing is that it _might_ have something to do with it being the grand opening of our first LEGO store. 1 hour wait in line outside the store, 30 minute wait in the store to pay!

all but mystery machine was up on TRU.com 2 days ago with other new sets and only these were pulled

TRU ebay had some listed as well

So, all the Scooby Doo sets have been pulled?  I couldn't quite figure out if that's what you were saying.  lol

I know that I still can't find any of the sets on their site right now.