75105 - Millennium Falcon

shortyz

Guest TabbyBoy
21 minutes ago, richiej1979 said:

What's the build like on this set? Thinking of opening mine.

I kept one aside and now have the other that was returned. TBH, I'm not a fan of Star Wars LEGO anymore (fed up with all the crap sets) and I'll probably just sell them both once 75105 is firmly retired, it it ever is! I built 10179 in 2015 (then sold it for £2000!) and it was very therapeutic so I'm a little spoilt I think.

17 minutes ago, Captain_chaos said:

I think the problem is that once you've built the UCS version of a particular set, the regular ones just don't cut it anymore. 

Even just the knowledge that there's a better (older) version of a set already does that to me. For example the MTT: I got the 75058 version at 50% off at retirement. But didn't feel any interest in actually building it, because I knew it was inferior in many ways to the older 7662 version. Sold it off for RRP, which was a nice doubling of my money. :) 

Regarding 75105: it was my first 'big' Lego set that I built after returning from my LEGO Dark Ages, during Christmas 2015. Under those circumstances it was a fine build and I had great fun building it. I knew that 10179 existed, but it was far out of reach for me, so I didn't mind settling for the smaller set. 

• Like 2

• 5 months later...