75105 - Millennium Falcon

shortyz

• 3 weeks later...

For a parent that desperately wants to get their child a Millennium Falcon for xmas I wonder what they will do when the 75105's are out of stock at retailers.

....search eBay for LEGO Millennium Falcon. They will see a higher price, but order anyway. I think the 7965's will hold at the $240-$260 range and the 75105 will join in.

• Like 1

For a parent that desperately wants to get their child a Millennium Falcon for xmas I wonder what they will do when the 75105's are out of stock at retailers.

....search eBay for LEGO Millennium Falcon. They will see a higher price, but order anyway. I think the 7965's will hold at the $240-$260 range and the 75105 will join in.

I think there will be more than enough 105´s in resellers´ hands to cater for demand! We also have to see how TRU plays the game.

Bricklink shows 2 sellers currently with new sets for about $185 and several more at $200 or less. I don't know how that compares to yesterday, but perhaps parents will scoop all the low hanging fruit by early December. I almost got this one yesterday since I don't have one http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions/Lego-Star-Wars-Millennium-Falcon-Building-Toy-23865807.html I think the OT minifigures will keep this one alive. Although with the constant reissues on everyone, Leia is the only one that is harder to get.

I really do expect 7965 to take a hit.  Outside of the outlier person who hasn't heard of BL or any site of it's nature, it's cheaper to just buy a dish and make it an original MF.  Not just that, but I honestly feel that some people won't really care about the difference because the MF is pretty much the same exact ship as the OT.  Unlike the Tie Fighters, snow speeders, star destroyers, etc that have all had some pretty major upgrades to the looks.

Since I'm not into the reselling game for the most part and I just collect, I highly doubt this will ever be on my priority list of stuff to buy.  Unless of course they make a $500 FA MF UCS.  I don't care if it's almost the same copy as 10179, I want it!!!

My first thought seeing the leaked image of 75105 MF was that... 'LEGO really sucks'... how can they so shameless releasing a model almost looks identical to one that just retired. Well, not that they haven't done so in the past, but I really have to pull two sets' images together to catch the differences. Anyway, then the 2nd thought was... 'Crap... my 7965 is going to be screwed...'

Here 75105 retails for 155 which is 5 euros less than 7965 (160 euros) whereas the Xwing (90) and Tie (75) cost substantially more than the previous versions. This won´t help the 7965 one bit unless there is some serious nostalgia crisis or unexpected shortage of the new one.

Great news for anyone that has 9492 and 9493, though.

I just sold a MF 7965 new sealed on eBay a few days ago. Trying to get ahead of the new release version. It sold for $130 U.S.  A few weeks ago I sold a complete but used one for $180 on eBay. I went back to double check the listing to see if I messed something up. Nope. I have 100% positive feedback. I can't figure it out. These things are consistently selling for $200-250 new. I've sold hundreds of sets. This is only the second set I've ever lost money on (the other one I lost $10 on). And the kicker was the buyer was in Toronto and cost me $37 to ship. My flat fee shipping was $17. Good news is I make a killing selling sets. Normally triple what I pay so chalk this up as a bad experience. But warning to others to either wait to sell as emazers says or put a minimum price on your auction. 

Edited by Gonkalin

Yeah, really bad time to put a no min auction out on these.

The next 2 months or so will be riding out the  worst of the storm - the problem is that the idea of keeping this set for years to come (at the risk of only achieving very marginal gains) is fine for an emazers, who appears to have no liquidity problems, but not so great for those who want to pick up the items that will retire in the last quarter or increase their portfolios for xmas.

Edited by valenciaeric
  • Like 1

I just sold a MF 7965 new sealed on eBay a few days ago. Trying to get ahead of the new release version. It sold for $130 U.S.  A few weeks ago I sold a complete but used one for $180 on eBay. I went back to double check the listing to see if I messed something up. Nope. I have 100% positive feedback. I can't figure it out. These things are consistently selling for $200-250 new. I've sold hundreds of sets. This is only the second set I've ever lost money on (the other one I lost $10 on). And the kicker was the buyer was in Toronto and cost me $37 to ship. My flat fee shipping was $17. Good news is I make a killing selling sets. Normally triple what I pay so chalk this up as a bad experience. But warning to others to either wait to sell as emazers says or put a minimum price on your auction. 

I would chalk it up to people saving their Star Wars money today for all the new product tomorrow. Just bad timing, like not realizing that you list something to end during comiccon and it sells for half what it normally would (personal experience)

Any comparisons out there yet on the 7965 vs. 75105, in terms of build, size, etc?  I doubt this would have any real effect in terms of investment value, both appear similar in size... similar piece count... I'm just curious that's all.  The newer one does look a little odd to me... a little disproportional maybe?  I see on Lego website it says the new one is 12" x 18" x 5"... and the older was "over 15 inches wide and 4 inches tall" ?  Was the 7965 longer?