New Scooby Doo Movie!

Ed Mack

...Means they will all be replaced by late 2017/early 2018?  :)

And they be replaced by some terrible sets that are based on the movie much like the TMNT sets.  (Still shocked that the vintage lair is the only good one of the bunch.)

Edited by pickleboy
  • Like 1

I think it all depends on the set and if TLG has the license in 2018. If they do have the license I would expect a rehash of the Mystery Machine in 2018 for sure so that will hurt the value of the current Mystery Machine. If they don't have the license then the sky is the limit for the current wave IMO.

I think it all depends on the set and if TLG has the license in 2018. If they do have the license I would expect a rehash of the Mystery Machine in 2018 for sure so that will hurt the value of the current Mystery Machine. If they don't have the license then the sky is the limit for the current wave IMO.

It will increase the value of the current set if the new released set is based off some terrible movie design?  Agree? I THINK any attempt to "Modernize" the van would be poorly received by fans.  

• Like 1

I did not know if they wanted it for just one year or if it was a multi year deal. I do know they went after Despicable Me and did not get that deal so they needed something to plug the Spongebob void ASAP. I would expect at least 2 waves. 2018 I have no clue. It seems these cartoon licenses get passed around all the building block manufacturers. BTW I just saw Lite Brix has Peanuts and that is a theme I wish TLG got even more than Scooby Doo.

• Like 2

Quote from the article:

Said president of creative development and worldwide production..

Who else think that word should be removed from the exec's title for bringing back yet another rehash ? :D

This theme seemed like a "one year wonder" to me at first, but now I am wondering if it will be milked for 2+ years.  I'm also wondering if LEGO had any knowledge of the new movie before it created these new sets?

Was there any 1 off deal theme based on TV series ? Nvm, I forgot about Ben10 and Avatar (the Airbender kind) :D

I did not know if they wanted it for just one year or if it was a multi year deal. I do know they went after Despicable Me and did not get that deal so they needed something to plug the Spongebob void ASAP. I would expect at least 2 waves. 2018 I have no clue. It seems these cartoon licenses get passed around all the building block manufacturers. BTW I just saw Lite Brix has Peanuts and that is a theme I wish TLG got even more than Scooby Doo.

I'd rather they got Pokemon, insta :money:

Edited by Darth_Raichu
nvm

Nvm, I forgot about Ben10 and Avatar (the Airbender kind)

I don't know how it went down with Ben10 but I do recall reading way back when they made SpongeBob Squarepants and Avatar sets under the overall branching theme of Nickelodeon, LEGO went with continuing stuff for the sponge because allegedly those sets sold better than the Avatar ones. To reiterate, that is only what I heard but hey it's the internet. No one would ever go around the net just to lie. :whistle: