The please DIE thread - sets that gotta go

we have a retiring soon speculation thread, the actual retiring thread, but there is no "why won't this set die!!!" thread

I have 4 girls, so started early foolish time investing with the Friends line.

can I include the entire friends line as well as the princess stuff ( see DC and Cindy castle)?

I still see series 3 mixels and series 12 minifigures everywhere

the minecraft microworlds I thought would die last xmas, but the forest and end keep their never ending supply going.

besides the usual suspects (TB and DS) what haunts you?

• Like 1

If they continue resurrecting sets you can count on TB, PS, 10240, T1 camper, PC, DS & for good measure HH, SSD, TH & GE...

well, I'm a collector first and foremost.  I joined this party very very late, so selfishly if it kills the resale market, I don't mind at all.  I just want those sets!!  

My list:

PS, T1, 60008 Museum Break-in, 70803 Cloud Cuckoo Palace, 70816 Benny SSS

But the most important one is 10249 Winter Toy Shop. It died but it will be resurrected. Can't it just die before it gets launched? Please?

Lego Movie stuff is dead in our market zone.....

My shelving units tell me that T1 in #1 on the list, with Tower Bridge right behind.  Until yesterday I would have said WV Market.  Death Star being the oldest living set will make it an obvious, popular choice, but since I only have a couple and will stay that way I quit worrying about what that set was doing some time ago.  10240 is another that I personally would like to see die, but it's really not THAT old yet compared to sets like Pet Shop, T1 and Tower Bridge.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
16 minutes ago, justapilgrim said:

DC plz

Is that Dolphin Cruiser? If so, I have a couple of those and I would also like that to go away.  It says "sold out" and I'm seeing less in the wild, but they are still out there a bit.  Not sure of potential on anything Friends and I have a few sets I wish I hadn't bought but the DC could do somewhat OK I suppose. 

• 2 weeks later...