Chapters/Indigo (Canada)

Vodium

Didn't see a main thread for chapters.

They seem to have revamped their plum rewards program, on sept 10th you get 10x the plum points limited to one transaction per plum member. Couldn't find any exclusions for Lego. So instead of getting 5 points per $1 spent, you will get 50.

I plan on getting 60 S14 CMF which should give 11,850 points which is $25 in points which comes out to around 10% off.

Anybody else take advantage of plum points?

• Like 2

In case anyone does do this spending ~$800 will get you the max trade in value of points, which is 35,000 for $100 off an order, plus 3.5% cash back ~$25. Comes out to around 15% off. They do have Wall E, bigbang and ecto-1.

Edited by Vodium
Can't say a certain cash back website ;)
  • Like 1

In case anyone does do this spending ~$800 will get you the max trade in value of points, which is 35,000 for $100 off an order, plus 3.5% cash back ~$25. Comes out to around 15% off.

That's not bad, thanks Vodium. I tend to disregard these points as they are often worthless (without the 10x promotion, they pretty much would be!).

They've revamped the Eaton Centre location's toy department recently and the lego selection is fantastic. The discount mentioned above is better than the Lego Store's regular discount and since I can get to the Eaton Centre on lunch every day but not to a Lego store, this may become my primary go to for many sets. They have decent sales regularly as well. 

Honestly at the rate they clawed back Lego sales/discounts/coupons at Chapters in the last year I'll be shocked if they don't also also start to exclude Lego from point earning/redemption. 

I was really bummed when the last TRU $10 off $50 coupons I got from Cineplex specifically excluded Lego. 

Yes, thanks for the tip. I bought 60 CMFs too - curious if they will arrive as a sealed box or loose packets.

Mine came in the box, but the seals were cut and one row had been changed. Some packs are backwards and/or upside down which is not how a sealed box is packed. Kind of bummed... Looks like they're just grabbing the next item up and adding packs to make 60 opened or not. Kind of a dumb thing to do if you have stacks of sealed boxes....

Edited by gregpj
because I can't spell today

I had ordered 90 series 12 and 90 series 14, each one had a full case with one seal intact and one popped. 30 series 14 in a case and the remaining 30 series 12 s sprawled on the bottom of the shipping box. On the plus side, I got lots of air packets. 

ok, you are the one order loose bags and that is why gregpj did not get a sealed case :lolu: 

• Like 2

Well then, I'm feeling rather ripped off... Vodium, want to buy 60 more? Pretty sure we're geographically close to one another. ;)

No wonder I didn't get a full set from the loose ones. Just lots of monster rockers and werewolves. Haha. I'll trade you 20 tennis players and a guerilla suit guy for it. :derisive: 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, jeff_14 said:

Just noticed there's a 10x plum points event on until the end of today. Minimum $30 purchase. Advent calendar shopping time, and I even have gift cards.

I've never bought enough to get any Plum points to really know the return rate. What kind of discount would 10x be on say a $100 item?

5 points for every dollar spent, so right now $100 item would give you 5000 points. Here's how the point rewards break down:

So I think you're saving roughly an extra $10 on the $100 purchase

Edit: for some reason my picture won't post, here's the point conversion:

2500 points - $5

4500 - $10

8500 - $20

Edited by HappyHawkeye
  • Like 1

Like Shoppers, Chapters uses an escalating points system. The best bang for your buck is to get to 35,000 points which will give you $100. Normally you would get 500 points for spending $100, meaning you 'd have to spend $7,000 to get to this level. At 10x you only have to spend $700 to get $100 back. Or, you're getting $14 back for every $100 if you wait to cash in. That's not counting any sales or other discounts. Beats Lego Shop at Home

• Like 1