Chapters/Indigo (Canada)

Vodium

54 minutes ago, Rebel Bricks said:

Nice - good tip!

I wish they would have some Lego sales again. It's been months since the last one: 40% of TLBM sets. 

They usually have technic sales in Nov-Dec. So stay tuned. The sale of the GCs is actually on Saturday. If you've got your PC card on promo day, you can rack up more optimum points, so another 12% cash back on top. Yes, GC purchases can be used rack up optimum pts using the PC financial mastercard.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Rebel Bricks said:

Chapters-Indigo has 20% off a lot of the Lego sets. No big ones, but almost everything under the $150 mark. Time to use those 15% off gift cards you just bought!

Wow, unreal. :) Too bad exclusives aren't on sale.

Boost at $159.99 plus 15% from GCs......that's not bad.

Edited by ChristopherJB
update

44 minutes ago, Rebel Bricks said:

Agreed - I definitely would have been in at 20% off Exclusives/Expert sets. Chapters never seems to have sales on the really big sets though, so I wasn't surprised. 

Still a deal if you used the GCs to get the Taj Mahal. I'm waiting for them to drop that Chiron to $339, then slapping those 15% GCs would be a hell of a deal. I only bought $1000 worth of GCs so I need to spend wisely. 2 Taj Mahal would wipe out all my GCs in one shot.

3 hours ago, ChristopherJB said:

Still a deal if you used the GCs to get the Taj Mahal. I'm waiting for them to drop that Chiron to $339, then slapping those 15% GCs would be a hell of a deal. I only bought $1000 worth of GCs so I need to spend wisely. 2 Taj Mahal would wipe out all my GCs in one shot.

Do you see the Taj as being good investment set? The architecture sets have never really appealed to me personally, so perhaps I have a blind spot there. 

52 minutes ago, Rebel Bricks said:

Do you see the Taj as being good investment set? The architecture sets have never really appealed to me personally, so perhaps I have a blind spot there. 

It is a remake of the previous Taj. So you need to be careful with that. But with a 15-20% discount, I'd buy one or two. The way Lego operates, all those big sets are dangerous investments now. Look at the Tower Bridge, that thing's been out forever. So if it retires, who the heck would pay up? With similar price points, I'd rather go load up the Chiron or Porschex2.

• 2 weeks later...

The frequent 10x plum awards is on again from today through Sunday. Applies to Lego other than Mindstorms. As stated above, it's worth about 15% at the maximum value, and they have a few sets on sale (ie Rathtar Escape for 30% off) that will combine with this. Large sets (modulars, etc.) also qualify and are on their website if not in stores.

Further to the above, I was just at my local Indigo and they have all the lego advent calendars marked down to $32, including the Star Wars one which is usually priced at $50. I picked up 2 and then they realized the pricing error but gave the extra discount to me since they had put an actual sticker on the boxes with the price. As I was leaving someone was manually replacing each sticker on the Star Wars ones. With the plum points on top of this I figure I got this for just over $30 after taxes. Going to have a nice Guavian gang going when I pick up some of those Rathtar sets as well.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Shneebs said:

25% off toys today at Indigo.ca - some Lego excluded, but many included in sale. For Plum Rewards members, but I believe signup is free.

They had an event last Thursday at all their stores with 30% off everything. I picked up a bunch of sets already marked down by 20% so it was like half price. Their black Friday deals for everyone should be the same as today's deal for members.