75102 - Poe's X-Wing Fighter

jaisonline

On 11/22/2015, 3:57:05, Haay said:

There was a topic about seal codes on Brickpicker, if my memory serves me well, but I can't find it any longer. 

All I know is that the format xxRx or xxSx signify the weeknumber before the R or S and the last digit of the year number after the R or S. And the R is for the US/Canada market, coming from the Mexico factory, while the S is for the European market, coming from the Hungarian (?) or Czech (?) factory (?). Other letter codes also exist. I've seen the letter O as well, but don't know what factory that is.

And either the Star Wars or City Advent calendar had an F code

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed in the new catalogue, that all the new force awakens sets, and 6 of 7 from September 4th are all in it.  The only one absent was Poe's X-wing.  I'm wondering if this one is also having production problems, and they made the decision to cut it.  Its one of the few sets that has been somewhat scarce of late..

I noticed in the new catalogue, that all the new force awakens sets, and 6 of 7 from September 4th are all in it.  The only one absent was Poe's X-wing.  I'm wondering if this one is also having production problems, and they made the decision to cut it.  Its one of the few sets that has been somewhat scarce of late..

Same trend in Canada. Same with MF after the movie launched. Not seen any where.

Hi, I'm new to this.

Does anyone think Poe's X-wing will increase in value any time in the forseeable future? Or would the Star Wars Ultimate Collector's sets be a more worthwhile investment?

I'm also wondering if the word is getting out to more and more people who are starting to take advantage of flipping lego sets - is it getting harder to turn a profit because more people are doing it nowadays?

Hi, I'm new to this.

Does anyone think Poe's X-wing will increase in value any time in the forseeable future? Or would the Star Wars Ultimate Collector's sets be a more worthwhile investment?

I'm also wondering if the word is getting out to more and more people who are starting to take advantage of flipping lego sets - is it getting harder to turn a profit because more people are doing it nowadays?

Ironic that your first post is asking if too many people are getting into the game. The answer is yes and yes it's getting harder to turn a profit. Poe's X-Wing will do fine when it retires in 2 years.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, darksarcasm said:

Hi, I'm new to this.

Hi!

No. Unless it disappears quickly, but that would seem unlikely. Some have wondered if its an early retirement candidate. I don't think so. I think it will be back in stock and last all of 2016 without much issue.

Yes, but the older ones for the most part. (start with Xwing 10240, then Ewok Village, then Sandcrawler, then Slave I, then Tie Fighter)

Yes it is. As evidenced by you being here.

Welcome anyway!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jbacunn said:

Ironic that your first post is asking if too many people are getting into the game. The answer is yes and yes it's getting harder to turn a profit. Poe's X-Wing will do fine when it retires in 2 years.

I had flipped a few other toys in the past, so it's not a new concept to me. I dunno why it took so long for me to think about doing it for Legos, honestly. I think it was mostly because my wife got me a Lego set for Christmas, the first one that I've received in a long time, so it got me back into collecting them.

19 hours ago, mudcatsfan said:

Hi!

No. Unless it disappears quickly, but that would seem unlikely. Some have wondered if its an early retirement candidate. I don't think so. I think it will be back in stock and last all of 2016 without much issue.

Yes, but the older ones for the most part. (start with Xwing 10240, then Ewok Village, then Sandcrawler, then Slave I, then Tie Fighter)

Yes it is. As evidenced by you being here.

Welcome anyway!

I will definitely look into those sets. Also thinking about the Ideas sets. How long do these generally take to turn a profit?

I don't think I'll be a force to be reckoned with, I only plan on buying a few sets at most, but thanks :)

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jeffrey_Dollars said:

But everything else in the TFA line has come back in stock, except for this one. At least in my parts.

75102 is back to fully available again here in Europe. I guess it's just a matter of time before the Lego factory in Mexico has produced a new batch of Poe's X-Wing for (North) American customers again. :)