20% off @ Smyths Toys

skanks

Yeah I agree S1 will still be around, but with 20% off I figured it was too good to pass up !! Whilst it was there I thought go for it, at least I won't have to worry this time next year, plus if stock its starting to thin due to a hopefull retirement it may be harder to come by in 12 months.  (thats what I told myself anyway so I didn't get buyers remorse) !!! lol

9 minutes ago, GiliusThunderhead said:

I know its all all a craps shoot really but I think S1 will be around for next years sale.   How busy was it looking?  I've heard it can get pretty hectic!
I like 20% off on EV.

Its ok at present, plenty on the shelves of everything, but I was there for opening.  Come 10-11am I imagine it will get pretty busy, plus most of the exclusives will disappear. 

2 minutes ago, Manse1001 said:

Yeah I agree S1 will still be around, but with 20% off I figured it was too good to pass up !! Whilst it was there I thought go for it, at least I won't have to worry this time next year, plus if stock its starting to thin due to a hopefull retirement it may be harder to come by in 12 months.  (thats what I told myself anyway so I didn't get buyers remorse) !!! lol

I'm hoping the fact that they don't say Disney on them will prevent some of the UCS sets staying around longer than normal.

18 minutes ago, Manse1001 said:

Its ok at present, plenty on the shelves of everything, but I was there for opening.  Come 10-11am I imagine it will get pretty busy, plus most of the exclusives will disappear. 

Actually its a good point.  You don't want to be fretting in 12 months trying to get your quota.worrying about box condition.  Start the accumulation process now and relax :) 
And if it is on the way out (Dec 2017 is when i think it goes) it might well be OOS for the sale weekend.  As yoda said “Impossible to see the future is."

19 minutes ago, GiliusThunderhead said:

Actually its a good point.  You don't want to be fretting in 12 months trying to get your quota.worrying about box condition.  Start the accumulation process now and relax :) 
And if it is on the way out (Dec 2017 is when i think it goes) it might well be OOS for the sale weekend.  As yoda said “Impossible to see the future is."

I must admit I try to get my quota early to make sure I don't miss one if something goes unexpectedly.  If they're still around and discounted the year they're likely to retire I add a few extra.

Apart from AoH and 75159. Those two can suck my balls lol

Edited by Fenix_2k1

I've not tried to be honest. My store is 5 mins from work so I'm splitting my buying into 3 shifts and only one of each box at a time.

Don't want to push my luck until I see if they get a GBHQ in when this delivery wagon turns up later today. I was surprised to find they were doing a restock during this offer.

Edited by Fenix_2k1

16 minutes ago, LahH001 said:

anyone manage to get more than one? read somewhere that there were clamping down on people ordering multiple items. Looking to go down later today and wondering whether I will need to take some back up with me

My local store let me buy 3 items in one transaction, but not 2 of the same set.  

1 hour ago, GiliusThunderhead said:

I know its all all a craps shoot really but I think S1 will be around for next years sale.   How busy was it looking?  I've heard it can get pretty hectic!
I like 20% off on EV.

If you like Slave 1 at this price then don't wait. Just because it might not be retired by this time next year doesn't mean Smyths will still have it. I thought the same on Sandcrawler last year and while it is still around, it's been gone from Smyths for 6 months.

10 minutes ago, Sprocket77 said:

If you like Slave 1 at this price then don't wait. Just because it might not be retired by this time next year doesn't mean Smyths will still have it. I thought the same on Sandcrawler last year and while it is still around, it's been gone from Smyths for 6 months.

Should still be around for May the 4th event, which is good as a straight discount.  A 10% discount + VIP points and a free gift.  Assuming that they still have the current 5 per customer limit which will allow you to stock up.

Guest TabbyBoy

FWIW... John Lewis in Reading will price match when I asked them this morning. I'd much rather go there as Reading Smyths was manic!

1 hour ago, LahH001 said:

Should still be around for May the 4th event, which is good as a straight discount.  A 10% discount + VIP points and a free gift.  Assuming that they still have the current 5 per customer limit which will allow you to stock up.

Same here, I'd rather buy from LEGO direct as the box will be in better condition meaning and extra £50+ profit when selling it! But, the limit won't be 5, more like 2 or even 1.

Went to my local Smyths at lunchtime. Pretty much all of the lego sets are still in stock, only set i noticed that was OOS was the porsche.

I ended up buying

2 x Slave 1's

1 x Indominous Rex

1 x Raptor Rampage

I really hope the Jurassic World sets will hurry up and retire, Indominous Rex has been OOS on Lego for a long time, hopefully wont follow other items and come back with a new production run.

8 minutes ago, slash-halen said:

Strange how the website said all the stores had the GBHQ in stock on wednesday, yet last night every store was OOS before the sale started.

Has anyone seen any on their travels?

No, not yet.

I did wonder myself.  Maybe people were ordering on Wednesday for click & collect then when they physically have it demand the 20% off or return it

Just now, Fenix_2k1 said:

No, not yet.

I did wonder myself.  Maybe people were ordering on Wednesday for click & collect then when they physically have it demand the 20% off or return it

Yeah very shrewd, go to pick it up, return it, then buy it again at 20%, ensuring you'll definitely get one !! I'll do that next year !! lol

Guest TabbyBoy
3 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

The reason I don't do that is that I'm pretty certain HUKDers watch this thread. 

Fair enough, I don't check HKUD anymore as all the deals are local and at the other end of the country! I find Offer Of The Day more helpful these days.  However, LEGO employees watch these threads and I used to work with one of them!

51 minutes ago, slash-halen said:

Strange how the website said all the stores had the GBHQ in stock on wednesday, yet last night every store was OOS before the sale started.

Has anyone seen any on their travels?

40 minutes ago, Mhd747 said:

I saw 2 GBHQ in my Smyths 

There WERE two in my local today. I couldnt resist buying one for myself and keeping for Christmas. Managed a S1 and a couple of advent calanders too. probably go back tomorrow for a couple of EVs

21 minutes ago, Blockbuster said:

No GBHQ in my local Belfast Smyths today...purchased the Porsche 911 instead. Half tempted to build this one.

Might take a run down tomorrow and sneak in another Porsche....I was out Christmas shopping with the other half - only so much I can get away with when shes about. 

Check the top shelves in the lego isle. They may have them pushed in out of sight. 

• Like 1